Coach goes off on refs for making a bad call

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 28, 2010 - 09:44 AM

at 3:30

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2010 - 10:17 AM

Lol saw this on Sportscenter last night, that dude is wack haha

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#3 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 28, 2010 - 10:20 AM

Coaches that lose control are just self destructive. What did this guy accomplished?
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#4 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted March 28, 2010 - 10:29 AM

he just made a fool of himself to be honest

bw1wOGf.png

#5 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts

Posted March 28, 2010 - 11:40 AM

I can't even imagine phil jackson like that

#6 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted March 28, 2010 - 12:04 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

i loved how all the players were laughing at him

Posted Image

#7 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,235 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted March 28, 2010 - 01:34 PM

sometimes i do this at home when the refs blow a call and i'm just a fan watching the game on TV..:whistle:

jk. this was funny though. stuff like this is common with baseball managers and players. they're known to throw stuff on the field and really go after an umpire.

i couldn't imagine our very own PJ doing this though. he's rarely up off his big comfy custom made couch anyway lol

#8 mikel24242

mikel24242

Rookie

• 1,390 posts
  • Name:mikel
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 01, 2010 - 11:19 AM

It happens so much in baseball because, one bad call is game changing..... a team could score 10000000 runs before a pitcher could even get one strike called. aka there is no time limit. Therefore every extra pitch they get is game changing....player confidence and superstition also plays a much larger role in baseball. so you will see managers back there players to keep heads high. lastly, what happends to managers when they yell? tossed from the game thats it....no free swings.... they dont let a member of the opp. team put a ball on a tee and swing away. in basketball coach will get tossed, and get a tech.

Baseball is the most comparible, even though it still isn't very close. A bad homeplate umpire, making bad ball and strike calls....is like a basketball ref. missing calls or making calls that never happen. main difference being. in basketball its fts. which are unquestionably the easist part of basketball. an uncontested shot, that can be practiced, and never changes.... in baseball baserunners are so important and hard to come by. and a run can be scored on any swing of the bat.....extra pitches are simular to that of fts except basketball has way more pts scored, so fts or 1 bad call doesnt seem like that bing a deal... coaches should be able to use timeouts to challenge plays. They risk losing a timeout, for you effecting the tempo people, its just like a coach taking a timeout to yell anyway.

Most of that is because we as fans dont hold the NBA accountable for any of it. The game itself has to much room for ref influence.
but then that its sterns plan, to take the "street" out of it. Stern and everyone else want an offensive highlight game. Thats why, when someone comes through the lane who can rise to dunk. Every single time it is a defensive foul.....please none of you bring up MJ. thats the exception, that man earned it. 6 rings. these guys now days, have won nothing, and yet to touch them is a foul and freethrows. How unbelieveably boring to watch pro basketball players shoot freethrows over 30 times...all because god forbid there Shooting % suffer....or not have a guy with MJ numbers in the league.

Case and point the jazz had 50 fts yesterday, 50! and we all know how thats been going for the thunder... who without there freebees would have been blown out, and we may have had more rest, aka no drew injury. There needs to be a head ref, that does his job. You miss so many calls, make so many bad calls then you should be fired....or refs who get a certian % of there calls right, get a bonus...

The guy up top hurt his team... it hurts nothing for bobby cox to yell. If need to the players can go talk to him in the club house mid inning.... nothing happens to change the scoring though. Hockey you skate down a man. Basketball, team gets freethrows. I love a coach standing up for his players. There is somthing to be said when you play for a guy that backs you up... someitmes i want phil cursing and screaming, but if theres one thing ive learned its not to question that mans methods.

Edited by mikel24242, May 01, 2010 - 11:29 AM.

"As far as me hitting a wall, so what if I did? I didn't, but so what if i did." - Kobe
what does it mean if you did?
"It means nothing" -Kobe
because...?....
"Cause, ill run strait through it" -Kobe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users