Photo

Sources: Raptors Can Accept Carlos Boozer / Andrea Bargnani Deal Whenever They Choose (Pg. 2)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,579 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 16, 2009 - 01:21 AM

Could Jazz Package Carlos Boozer With Pick?

Posted Image

The Jazz will receive a first-round pick from the Knicks this coming June and David Aldridge writes that packing Carlos Boozer with the selection could be a possibility.

Boozer has played well this season, but Utah has long been considered a long-shot to re-sign the power forward, who will hit the free agent market next summer.

Completing a sign-and-trade would give Boozer an extra year in his next contract and adding New York's unprotected pick just spices up the deal for the Jazz.

Aldridge writes that it would be hard for anyone to not at least consider a deal that would land an All-Star power forward and likely a high lottery pick.

http://www.nba.com/2....tip/index.html

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, February 16, 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#2 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 16, 2009 - 11:47 AM

Maybe they should keep the pick though? I mean who would they plan on getting anyway in a trade?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#3 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted January 12, 2010 - 01:13 PM

Pistons Trying To Get Carlos Boozer

Posted Image

Having lost 13 straight games, the perimeter-heavy Detroit Pistons would like to get their hands on Carlos Boozer. A Boozer-for-Rip Hamilton trade works, but Utah doesn't want to take back the three years, $38 million remaining on Hamilton's contract, even though he'd made a sweet backcourt mate for Deron Williams.

Boozer for Tayshaun Prince also works financially, but Prince has one more season after this one at $11 million, and the Jazz aren't looking to add salary for next season.

Utah coach Jerry Sloan wants to keep Boozer, who will be a free agent next summer, for the rest of the season, and perhaps beyond. To that end, the Jazz are shopping Andrei Kirilenko with all their might. But good luck with that one. Kirilenko won't have any takers until next season when he's in the last year of his deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12221/caron-butler-on-rockets-wish-list

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, June 09, 2010 - 01:50 PM.

#4 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted January 12, 2010 - 02:31 PM

Sounds unlikely that he will be moved before the deadline.

Posted Image

#5 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted January 13, 2010 - 11:12 AM

Dallas Wanted Carlos Boozer With Money-Saving Move For Jazz

Posted Image

The Mavs made an attempt to convince Utah to part with Carlos Boozer by proposing a significant cost-saving deal, according to sources.

Utah was not swayed by the potential $2.5M in savings.

Dallas offered the partially guaranteed contract of Drew Gooden, along with Kris Humphries and Shawne Williams in their offer for Boozer.

Instead of an indicator of future frugality, Utah's trade with Oklahoma City that dealt Eric Maynor and Matt Harpring saved them significantly and makes dealing Boozer less urgent.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12243/utah-tells-dallas-boozer-better-than-tax-relief

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, June 09, 2010 - 01:50 PM.

#6 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted January 19, 2010 - 08:31 PM

Carlos Boozer Doesn't Want To Be Dealt

Posted Image

With the NBA's trade deadline roughly a month away, Jazz forward Carlos Boozer has already been linked in a number of trade rumors.

When asked by the Salt Lake Tribune recently if he thought he'd stay in Utah or be dealt, Boozer said what he would do if he was in the position of Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor.

"If I was them, I wouldn't make a trade," Boozer said. "But I'm not them. I think, I mean, you keep this group together. We're getting healthy, guys are getting better, we're rolling, we've won four out of our last five, which is great.

"Hopefully, we're going to win another four out of our next five. We can be good. We can beat anybody on any given night. That's what I would do. But Kevin, Greg [Miller], they've got to make their decisions."

The Jazz are 23-18, putting them just a win off pace to duplicate last season's record.

"That's why I would keep us together," Boozer said. "In this business, it comes down to financial stuff, and I don't know what their situation is. But if it's about just winning, maybe that should be the deciding factor."

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_14217627

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, June 09, 2010 - 01:49 PM.

#7 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 07:18 PM

Jazz Plan To Speak With Carlos Boozer's Agent

Posted Image

The Jazz plan to talk with Carlos Boozer's representation about remaining with the team past this season.

Boozer will become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

"We've had conversations with everyone's agents throughout the year," general manager Kevin O'Connor said, "and I don't think we ever said we'd rule out anything."

He didn't say when, but O'Connor did say "sure" when asked if he'll talk with Boozer's agent before July.

"Will we have conversations? Absolutely," he said.

RealGM Note: As the 10th ranked player this season, Boozer 'deserves' a salary of $17.04M, giving him a Reina Value of +38%. Coming into 09-10, Boozer averaged 55 games per season since arriving in Utah.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700016926/Jazz-brass-to-talk-with-Boozs-agent.html

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, March 24, 2010 - 05:05 PM.

#8 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 12:08 PM

Jazz Have Positive Meeting With Carlos Boozer's Agent

Posted Image

Jazz chief executive Greg Miller met in person Wednesday with Rob Pelinka, the agent for Carlos Boozer, for the first time since last summer.

Also present were Jazz president Randy Rigby and general manager Kevin O'Connor, though Miller was believed to have done most of the talking. The meeting in Utah was said to have been "very, very positive" between the sides.

It was unknown if the Jazz committed to trying to re-sign Boozer this summer as a free agent, but the team did praise Boozer for contributing to the Jazz's success on the court as well as to the chemistry in the locker room this season.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_14705560

#9 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

SALT LAKE CITY -- At the start of the season, Utah fans yelled, "boo.'' Now, they yell it as "Boo'' in honor their burly power forward, Carlos Boozer.

Boozer no doubt has won fans over after a 2009 summer of controversy, when he went on Chicago and Miami radio stations, talking about how he'd love to play for teams in those cities. But where does Boozer now hope he will play in 2010-11?

"I'd love to have the opportunity to come back,'' Boozer said in an interview with FanHouse about wanting to re-sign with the Jazz after he becomes a free agent July 1. "July will be interesting, but I'd love to have the opportunity to stay. ... The rest is up to them. That's all I can do.''

Well, Boozer can continue to whet the appetite of the front office by putting up big numbers. He's averaging 19.4 points and 11.1 rebounds for a Utah outfit that is 46-25 and within striking distance of landing the No. 2 seed in the West. At the start of the season, many observers figured Boozer wouldn't last in Utah past the Feb. 18 trade deadline. The Jazz, after all, was way over the luxury-tax threshold and there was a belief Utah wouldn't mind shedding Boozer's $12.7 million salary while also eliminating the risk of losing him for nothing this summer.

Plus, Utah had matched a four-year, $32.5 million offer sheet put down last summer on reserve power forward Paul Millsap. So Boozer's replacement was right there on the other side of the locker room.

But several things happened along the way. The Jazz was able to save about $9 million in a December deal in which Eric Maynor and Matt Harpring were shipped to Oklahoma City. The Jazz, which still is over the tax threshold, also was able to save money by last month trading to Memphis swingman Ronnie Brewer, a move that also perhaps clears up more money for next season since Brewer will be a restricted free agent.

CONTINUE READING

#10 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 04:17 PM

Only to drive up his market value. He's gone unless Utah overpays. Boozer is not a max player and his size makes him a defensive liability.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#11 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 05:07 PM

Carlos Boozer's Return Up To Jazz

Posted Image

Jazz forward Carlos Boozer is hoping to remain with the team through this summer, when he'll become a free agent.

Last offseason Boozer caused a stir by talking about his desire to play for both Chicago and Miami.

"I'd love to have the opportunity to come back," Boozer told FanHouse. "July will be interesting, but I'd love to have the opportunity to stay. ... The rest is up to them. That's all I can do."

Boozer is having a tremendous season and Utah is within reach of the second seed in the Western Conference.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/03/23/boozer-wants-to-re-sign-with-jazz/

#12 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted March 25, 2010 - 06:22 PM

Jazz are on a roll, Booz and D-Will are an have been a dynamic combo since 2006. Both avg double digit numbers Booz 19ppg 11rebs and D-Will 18ppg 10apg. While Utah has kept the core of Williams, Boozer, AK, Okur, Miles, Price, Korver, Milsap the last 3 seasons.

Edited by popo, March 25, 2010 - 06:23 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#13 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted March 30, 2010 - 01:31 PM

Carlos Boozer Intrigued By Talk Of Joining Knicks

Posted Image

Jazz forward Carlos Boozer didn't shoot down the possibility of signing with the Knicks as a free agent this summer.

Boozer, who appeared to be done in Utah heading into the season, has expressed his desire to re-sign with the Jazz as well.

"I love D'Antoni, he's the dope," Boozer said of New York's coach. "Spending time with him in the Olympics, his offensive mindset is unbelievable. He's got the best plays I've ever been around -- on a whim. It's like rappers when they come out on the top of the dome with quotes. He's got plays in the back of his head with plays for that moment.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/boozer_intrigued_by_possibility_URPzYYgZj0KxHtmrZsmYuM

#14 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted June 09, 2010 - 01:43 PM

Carlos Boozer Wants Max Contract

Posted Image

Chris Bosh is Miami's first choice when it comes to a free agent big, while Amare Stoudemire is a more likely option, but the Heat also plan to pursue Carlos Boozer as a fallback.

The Heat would likely ask Boozer to accept less than a full max contract.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/09/v-fullstory/1670330/um-recruit-kevin-nelson-blasts.html

#15 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 09, 2010 - 02:12 PM

any other year where 90% of the league wasnt as desperate as this summer..and i wouldnt even give boozer or amare max contracts

bw1wOGf.png

#16 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted June 09, 2010 - 07:01 PM

any other year where 90% of the league wasnt as desperate as this summer..and i wouldnt even give boozer or amare max contracts

:vic2:

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#17 haewl

haewl

Rookie

• 232 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant , Lamar Odom

Posted June 10, 2010 - 02:05 AM

boozer is CLEARLY not a max player!
but someone will pay him, after lebron and wade were signed

#18 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted June 10, 2010 - 02:37 AM

-_- :rolleyes: :o :huh: :blink: :wacko: :laughing: :hysterical:

Edited by UnoCinco, June 10, 2010 - 02:37 AM.

Posted Image

#19 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 10, 2010 - 03:59 AM

He deserves Lamar Odom money at best...

Any team who will pay more deserves to fail...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#20 Army_Of_One

Army_Of_One

라이오넬

• 2,793 posts
  • Fan Since:secret
  • Fav. Laker:secret

Posted June 10, 2010 - 06:26 AM

lol look at the teams going for the team usa scrub..

lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users