#1181 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,215 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted September 27, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Also,

Bum Breaking Bad Impressions 

Edited by DTIII™, September 27, 2013 - 12:09 PM.

EyMlHkX.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:05 PM

^ Been posted a page or so back, solid though.

tumblr_mibmveiZLb1qeenmqo3_250.giftumblr_mibmveiZLb1qeenmqo4_250.gif

tumblr_mibmveiZLb1qeenmqo1_250.giftumblr_mibmveiZLb1qeenmqo2_250.gif

yo.

#1183 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:44 AM

Amazing 

#1184 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:23 AM

Just want to give a shout out to adam greenwald of Grantland. He recaps BB for them, and his writing about the show is 'almost' as good as the show. Really captures why this show works on so many levels. Very thoughtful writing.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#1185 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:21 AM

Walt doing it for his family just isn't an excuse that can be used for some of the stuff he's done. I'm not being cold, I can do anything for family without having to go to the places Walt has been. There are always alternatives and I'm sure I could be just as creative as the writers of this show and figure out alternatives that Walt could have done to help his family.

In case some forgot, let us examine Walt's resume:

• Poisoned a little boy
  • Let a girl choke to death when he could have saved her
  • Murdered Mike
  • Drove Hank into a traffic accident
  • Made Jesse kill Gale
  • Ordered the murders of inmates

Not to mention placing bombs in hospitals, murdering his competition, and ruining many lives. A lot of people are playing with hindsight, so let's not be hypocritical with our hindsight. Walt was the direct reason Jane's father crashed the plane, killing over 100 innocent people.

I've heard from many that Walt is only trying to help his family. While this is mostly true intention-wise, there are other things people must factor in. There are other ways to help your family than by simply providing them with massive amounts of money. You can help your family by loving them everyday, rather than by trying to show them love through what you earn. You can help your family by making sacrifices. Walt already had a job and could have done other things to deal with financial issues, like changing the way they eat, downgrading the wants while upgrading the needs, and even moving to a smaller home.

No father wants to move their family solely due to financial struggle, but it is better than ruining your family altogether. Quality is better than quantity.

It's not like Walt was forced into all of his actions. Most of Walt's actions stem from ego and pride, not out of true love for his family. The least complex example I can give to illustrate this is when Walt specifically purchased Bogdan's business and had Bogdan's dollar taken off of the wall. Each and every time Walt's pride has been threatened, rather it be Gray Matter Inc., the meth business, or little things on the side... you see Walt doing whatever necessary to protect his pride. Remember the time when Walt got mad at Jr. for making the website asking for donations? Remember when Walt stubbornly declined help from Gretchen to pay for his treatment? Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad, even describes Walt as a "standout liar" who alienates himself from his family.

When Skylar originally found out about Walt's deeds, she wanted him out of the house. If Walt truly cared about the well being of his family, he would man up and take the necessary steps to make sure everyone was happy. At that point, Walt doesn't have a right to lie to the rest of his family, and force Skylar into his operations, solely for the sake of HIS happiness.

And kill off the rat Jesse? Let's not forget about da fat rat Walt... Walt was chirping like a little bird in Season 3 to Saul when Jesse threatened his operations. He tried to get Jesse arrested, which at the time, could have cost Jesse his life, given that Gus was still alive and would see Jesse murdered had he found out that Walt was trying to silence him. He also blackmailed Jesse into continuing to help him cook, or else he'd turn him in. Lolwut?

As the audience, we get the "behind-the-scenes" into the minds of the characters, in such a way that we get a response out of the future actions they commit, having known X detail. Given that reason, I am shocked that more people do not see that Walt is a selfish, egotistical, sociopathic manipulator. This guy manipulates the actions of people more than Obama and Bush combined (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating).

There is a part of me that feels bad for Walt because he was in a very tough situation and was obviously very confused. However, he made some horrible decisions, and for that reason, I'm team nobody. I imagine both Walt and Jesse will get killed off tomorrow, but who knows?!

Edited by -Wade-, September 28, 2013 - 11:24 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#1186 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,319 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Unless VG and team can figure out a way for them to suffer more staying alive. Watching Walt alone in the chemo cabin and Jesse as Meth cook/slave witnessing his GF get shot in back of head was pretty brutal.

I'd note Jesse wants to die. Walt doesn't. So maybe Walt dies but Jesse lives. Who knows. It'll be a thrill ride however it goes.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#1187 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,213 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Walt doing it for his family just isn't an excuse that can be used for some of the stuff he's done. I'm not being cold, I can do anything for family without having to go to the places Walt has been. There are always alternatives and I'm sure I could be just as creative as the writers of this show and figure out alternatives that Walt could have done to help his family.

In case some forgot, let us examine Walt's resume:

• Poisoned a little boy
  • Murdered Mike
  • Made Jesse kill Gale

Not to mention placing bombs in hospitals, murdering his competition, and ruining many lives. A lot of people are playing with hindsight, so let's not be hypocritical with our hindsight. Walt was the direct reason Jane's father crashed the plane, killing over 100 innocent people.

I've heard from many that Walt is only trying to help his family. While this is mostly true intention-wise, there are other things people must factor in. There are other ways to help your family than by simply providing them with massive amounts of money. You can help your family by loving them everyday, rather than by trying to show them love through what you earn. You can help your family by making sacrifices. Walt already had a job and could have done other things to deal with financial issues, like changing the way they eat, downgrading the wants while upgrading the needs, and even moving to a smaller home.

No father wants to move their family solely due to financial struggle, but it is better than ruining your family altogether. Quality is better than quantity.

It's not like Walt was forced into all of his actions. Most of Walt's actions stem from ego and pride, not out of true love for his family. The least complex example I can give to illustrate this is when Walt specifically purchased Bogdan's business and had Bogdan's dollar taken off of the wall. Each and every time Walt's pride has been threatened, rather it be Gray Matter Inc., the meth business, or little things on the side... you see Walt doing whatever necessary to protect his pride. Remember the time when Walt got mad at Jr. for making the website asking for donations? Remember when Walt stubbornly declined help from Gretchen to pay for his treatment? Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad, even describes Walt as a "standout liar" who alienates himself from his family.

When Skylar originally found out about Walt's deeds, she wanted him out of the house. If Walt truly cared about the well being of his family, he would man up and take the necessary steps to make sure everyone was happy. At that point, Walt doesn't have a right to lie to the rest of his family, and force Skylar into his operations, solely for the sake of HIS happiness.

And kill off the rat Jesse? Let's not forget about da fat rat Walt... Walt was chirping like a little bird in Season 3 to Saul when Jesse threatened his operations. He tried to get Jesse arrested, which at the time, could have cost Jesse his life, given that Gus was still alive and would see Jesse murdered had he found out that Walt was trying to silence him. He also blackmailed Jesse into continuing to help him cook, or else he'd turn him in. Lolwut?

As the audience, we get the "behind-the-scenes" into the minds of the characters, in such a way that we get a response out of the future actions they commit, having known X detail. Given that reason, I am shocked that more people do not see that Walt is a selfish, egotistical, sociopathic manipulator. This guy manipulates the actions of people more than Obama and Bush combined (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating).

There is a part of me that feels bad for Walt because he was in a very tough situation and was obviously very confused. However, he made some horrible decisions, and for that reason, I'm team nobody. I imagine both Walt and Jesse will get killed off tomorrow, but who knows?!

ixc2lbsu6mrjfuxjat.gif

Fantastic post. 

hR3rI.png

#1188 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,288 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:59 PM

I've seen a lot of people say that the plane crash was Walt's fault. I don't agree with that.

Jane died because Jane was a junkie, whether or not Walt wanted to save her, she and she alone is responsible for her death and her fathers grief.

If I was Walt, I would've let her die too after threatening me and not promising to keep quiet about my business. She put herself in that position.

#1189 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,875 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 02:10 PM

I've seen a lot of people say that the plane crash was Walt's fault. I don't agree with that.

Jane died because Jane was a junkie, whether or not Walt wanted to save her, she and she alone is responsible for her death and her fathers grief.

If I was Walt, I would've let her die too after threatening me and not promising to keep quiet about my business. She put herself in that position.

I agree with the first part that Jane died because of Jane, no one made her put that needle in her arm. However, I think it was a little cold for Walt to just sit there and watch her die. Anyway saving her though could of ultimately led to Jessie's death though because ODing for him was very possible as well, heroine is no joke.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#1190 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:14 PM

Could have would have. Still doesn't make it right. If Walt actually cared for Jesse like he claimed to have, he wouldn't have let the woman Jesse loved die when he could have saved her. If you are a doctor or are a certified worker for the Red Cross and watch someone die like that, you can actually be charged with criminal negligence.

I find it ironic that some people can say the plane crash wasn't Walt's fault, but can blame Jr. for not accepting Walt's blood money based on the same hindsight. It's a two way street.

Edited by -Wade-, September 28, 2013 - 04:16 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#1191 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:30 PM

It'd be poetic if Walt's dying and Jesse can save him but chooses to let him die.

I think Jesse kills himself maybe with the blue.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#1192 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,319 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:26 PM

It'd be poetic if Walt's dying and Jesse can save him but chooses to let him die.

If Jesse did that that would be very satisfying...and an angle i havent heard.

Walt taking his whole family out with the ricin? Like sickos do? 

Let the carnage and suffering unfold!!

#1193 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 910 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:48 PM

I don't want it to end!!! 

It's so bitter sweet.

#1194 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,875 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:59 PM

Could have would have. Still doesn't make it right. If Walt actually cared for Jesse like he claimed to have, he wouldn't have let the woman Jesse loved die when he could have saved her. If you are a doctor or are a certified worker for the Red Cross and watch someone die like that, you can actually be charged with criminal negligence.

I find it ironic that some people can say the plane crash wasn't Walt's fault, but can blame Jr. for not accepting Walt's blood money based on the same hindsight. It's a two way street.

Walt isn't a red cross worker or doctor so that doesnt really matter. She threatened him and put him and danger, and was also leading Jesse down the dark road of self destruction at a deadly pace. I dont agree with Walt did there though because that was just so cold, but he didnt let her die for lack of caring for Jesse in the end it was better off she died.

Also your last statement is really a bad comparison I think. Walt not interfering with something that then caused a third party out of his knowledge to act up and thus set off a chain of events certainly is not his fault. With hindsight like you said yea I suppose it was his fault, but did Walt not save Jane as an attempt to have that plane crash? Nope. You seem to use the post hoc fallacy here by saying what walt did caused the plane crash. It is unknown that if Walt was there what would of happened and even unknown that if he did save her that her recent drug abuse would leave her father in shambles anyway still causing him to make the mistake leading to others death.

Jr. was talking on the phone to his dad who has done some horrible things, but never anything to intentional hurt his family. He didn't give the man who put his life on the line and did everything for him even a chance to explain what has happened. I think that is much different then doing something that set off a chain of events no one but God could of seen happening.

#1195 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Walt isn't a red cross worker or doctor so that doesnt really matter.

The point was supposed to be a moral one, not practical.

Walt not interfering with something that then caused a third party out of his knowledge to act up and thus set off a chain of events certainly is not his fault. With hindsight like you said yea I suppose it was his fault, but did Walt not save Jane as an attempt to have that plane crash? Nope. You seem to use the post hoc fallacy here

I think you misunderstood what I said, because that is not what I meant. I apologize for not making my point more clear, then. I'm talking about us, as the audience, using hindsight to pick and choose, not the characters.

Hindsight: Perception of the significance and nature of events after they have occurred.

http://www.thefreedi...y.com/hindsight

Ultimately, I agree with Vince Gilligan. At the beginning of the show, Walt started out "as a good guy" who "meant well," but as things progressed, he got "darker" and became "more criminal and evil."

http://www.huffingto..._n_4006029.html

There is a good side to Walt, but it is overpowered by his dark side, which includes his stellar resume I shared here.

Tomorrow should be interesting. "No bad deed goes unpunished."

wKNsigp.png

#1196 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,513 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:21 PM

It would be something if there's a knock on the door, Walt answers & ends up getting shot.....

2hf753r.jpg

#1197 Kevin_405

Kevin_405

Rookie

• 221 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:51 PM

If Jesse did that that would be very satisfying...and an angle i havent heard.
Walt taking his whole family out with the ricin? Like sickos do? 
Let the carnage and suffering unfold!!

Ricin is for lydia. Gun is for the nazis. Somewhere in between gretchen dies and walt gets arrested. Jesse dying of od seems logical

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:44 PM

ixc2lbsu6mrjfuxjat.gif

Fantastic post. 

mckaylasad.jpg

Lol just messin'. It was a great post regardless if you agree with it all or not. Gotta' recognize greatness.

yo.

#1199 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,875 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Sunday football, football fantasy, and then Breaking bad Finale tonight, man today is set up to be a good day.

#1200 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,523 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 29, 2013 - 10:21 AM

• Poisoned a little boy

True...this is bad. However, Walt knew Brock would not die from it and he did it to save his and Jesse's life.

She tried to black mail him and was starting to become a cancer in Jesse's life. She was shooting herion.....she only has herself to blame.

• Murdered Mike

This is bad. No excuse for this one.

Don't remember this.

• Made Jesse kill Gale

Is Jesse not an adult? Jesse makes his own decision....Walt did not force him to do it.

Most of them probably ruthless criminals ....so not all that bad.

•  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users