#821 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Walt is a [expletive]ing badass. He is no saint but I don't fully see him as a monster either. The only innocent life he has harmed is Brocks' but he didn't die and it saved his ass and Jesse's ass. Walt needed to provide for his family and there was no legal way to do that, even with all his knowledge.

And Jesse needs to get over himself. Walt has saved his ass a good amount of times and if he didn't poison Brock...then they would have been both killed by Gus.

Edited by LakeShow805, August 26, 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#822 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,450 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:09 PM

Walt getting soft. Should have just offed Pinkman. You know it's all going to come to a end because of Jessie after he writes Heisenberg on the wall and lights the fire.

Pinkman can't come up messing at a moment like this. Especially when Hank was trying to grill him. 

veqdeg.jpg

#823 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 908 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:14 PM

^ I'm waiting to see what extras are going to be on it, and see if the price drops a hundred at least.

#824 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,916 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:18 PM

Great way to end the episode. Looks like Hank won't have to do much at the rate things are going. To Walt, Jesse is clearly a liability. Next episode should clear up a lot..

Edited by -Wade-, August 26, 2013 - 04:00 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#825 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Jessie needs to stop being a lil [expletive].

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:56 PM

It is time. Will edit this post later.

8d61b308bf76c3189b8243314a33fc18.png

Huh? What the heck's this all about? Quite a mystery there you left us. I hope you don't disappoint now.

yo.

#827 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Huh? What the heck's this all about? Quite a mystery there you left us. I hope you don't disappoint now.

He is downloading the latest episode and will update the post after he has watched it.

Im pretty sure lol.

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 03:03 PM

Lol. Oh. I think I'm

yo.

#829 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,602 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 26, 2013 - 03:16 PM

TIL I interpret Walt's actions much differently.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#830 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,822 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 26, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Jessie needs to stop being a lil [expletive].

This. I hate when there is a character that has all that money and then all of a sudden gets all depressed because of the stuff he has seen and been part of. Man the hell up and spend those millions you earned. Morals are terrible things to have when you made a few mill selling meth. It's in the past enjoy the future.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#831 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,916 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 06:13 PM

This. I hate when there is a character that has all that money and then all of a sudden gets all depressed because of the stuff he has seen and been part of. Man the hell up and spend those millions you earned. Morals are terrible things to have when you made a few mill selling meth. It's in the past enjoy the future.

I disagree. I think it illustrates that even money is something that cannot purchase happiness. Would you honestly go on living your life if you murdered a kid? I know I, personally, wouldn't be able to. Selling drugs is one thing... taking the life of somebody else is a whole different ball park, and sometimes people don't recover from that.

I think Breaking Bad has done an excellent job conveying that sense of realism through the character of Jesse.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#832 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,822 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 06:37 PM

I disagree. I think it illustrates that even money is something that cannot purchase happiness. Would you honestly go on living your life if you murdered a kid? I know I, personally, wouldn't be able to. Selling drugs is one thing... taking the life of somebody else is a whole different ball park, and sometimes people don't recover from that.

I think Breaking Bad has done an excellent job conveying that sense of realism through the character of Jesse.

With a few million, yea. Also not like Jessie pulled the trigger on the kid. Maybe I'm cold hearted or maybe I just like money a lot but to me that stuff wouldnt turn me into a depressed person when I have millions sitting in a duffel bag. I have no problem with him have that stuff haunt him that is perfectly normal, but he just acts too much like a female in my opinion. He could of got out of the game a long time ago when one of his best friends were killed from selling drugs for him, or how about in season one where him and Walter killed their first victim. After the first one if you keep going I dont want to hear any [expletive]ing from you. Also Jesse needs to see it like Walt does, it was either them or him, which is the truth. Other then when the little kid was killed whenever they went to take someones life they took everything into consideration and only did it to protect themselves and when there was no other choices. Its a dog eat dog world and if you end up with a few million at the end of the day for trying to stay alive, why act like a little girl about it? Like Saul told him go to Florida and look at some chicks spend your millions and live it up don't sulk over something you choose to continue to do when he had time again and again to back out.

I guess you can say they used Jesse to convey realism and used Walt to show a stone cold killer. But IMO they showed Walt as a guy that does what it takes for a means to an end, and Jesse as someone that bit off more then he can chew.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 26, 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#833 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 908 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted August 26, 2013 - 07:54 PM

It's getting interesting! Who's gonna kill Walt?!?

Hank - Indirectly threatened by Walt

Marie - Said she wants Walt dead

Skylar - Hasn't been the same since season two

Walt Jr - Hasn't ate breakfast in a while

Jesse - Blames Walt for everything

Cancer - Round two cemo

Sal - Walt threatened him

Todd and Crew - Crazy Mofo's

Mexican Drug Cartel - Vowed to kill Walt

Walt - Saves his family by taking Marie's advise

#834 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yea but hes just crying and doing nothing.

If he feels really bad about what he has done then use that money to help others or the people you harmed.

Edit: Just a show though...I'm over-thinking it lol

Edited by LakeShow805, August 26, 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#835 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,602 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Like killing Gus was a means to Walt's end?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#836 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,916 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:25 PM

I guess you can say they used Jesse to convey realism and used Walt to show a stone cold killer. But IMO they showed Walt as a guy that does what it takes for a means to an end, and Jesse as someone that bit off more then he can chew.

I agree with this last statement. That is the thing: Jesse bit off more than he could chew, as would most people if they experienced everything he had gone through. If money motivates you that is great, but it is not everything. I say this because I previously knew one of my personal friends as a tough guy who you don't really mess with. He'll be quick to defend himself both verbally and physically. After seeing one of his co-workers get murdered point blank, he was never the same person. He went through a lot of mental issues for about a year and was never the same dude I once knew. It lead him to doing drugs and wasting all the money he had on things that kept him in a depressed, vegitated state.

Seeing somebody die on television is quite different than seeing it in person... it will mess you UP, regardless of how much money you have. About 1 in 4 adults suffer from an Anxiety Related disorder: PTSD, GAD, Social Phobia, etc.

This reminds me of Jesse.... witnessing violent acts in person, to have it later catch up with you, finding yourself spending all of your money on coke and meth. His behavior reminded me exactly of others I have personally known and seen it happen to... and for that reason alone, Breaking Bad is a plus in my playlist.

wKNsigp.png

#837 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,822 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:41 PM

I agree with this last statement. That is the thing: Jesse bit off more than he could chew, as would most people if they experienced everything he had gone through. If money motivates you that is great, but it is not everything. I say this because I previously knew one of my personal friends as a tough guy who you don't really mess with. He'll be quick to defend himself both verbally and physically. After seeing one of his co-workers get murdered point blank, he was never the same person. He went through a lot of mental issues for about a year and was never the same dude I once knew. It lead him to doing drugs and wasting all the money he had on things that kept him in a depressed, vegitated state.

Seeing somebody die on television is quite different than seeing it in person... it will mess you UP, regardless of how much money you have. About 1 in 4 adults suffer from an Anxiety Related disorder: PTSD, GAD, Social Phobia, etc.

This reminds me of Jesse.... witnessing violent acts in person, to have it later catch up with you, finding yourself spending all of your money on coke and meth. His behavior reminded me exactly of others I have personally known and seen it happen to... and for that reason alone, Breaking Bad is a plus in my playlist.

I never seen anyone die, but I have seen people shot up on septa buses (public transportation) while walking by and one of my best friends pistol whipped in front of me. I know this doesnt relate to what Jesse has seen, and it certainly does mess with you mentally. It made me a lot more paranoid certainly as far as having much of an emotional effect made me angry and what not, but a far feeling from depression. Im not trying to say Im an emotionless person but I tend to find I react very differently to many things then other people. I get teary eyed at funerals of realities just like anyone, but I have also attended funerals where I was going out of respect for my a friend or GF and didnt bat an eye, if anything they just killed my mood but didnt feel any type of way.

Everyone is different and I certainly see what your saying about Jesse. I just dont agree with the way he handles things. I know a lot of people say money dont buy happiness, but when you grow up below the poverty line that doesnt seem true at all. Even as a kid when I just had 5 bucks in my hand I felt much better, and now that is what motivates me in life. If I had a few million like I said I dont think what got Jesse would get to me at all, so thats why I dont like the character can't relate to him.

#838 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,469 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Someone explain to me the Walter Jr breakfast jokes please.
iyjywo.jpg

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:50 PM

^ You should have seen the show long enough to understand that, especially in earlier seasons.

Morals are terrible things to have when you made a few mill selling meth. It's in the past enjoy the future.

Jesse did kill

tumblr_m6st6cOIDX1qgt4dvo1_500.gif

tumblr_madfvnV5G51qc6jkio1_500.gif

yo.

#840 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,822 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 10:31 PM

^ You should have seen the show long enough to understand that, especially in earlier seasons.

Jesse did kill

tumblr_m6st6cOIDX1qgt4dvo1_500.gif

tumblr_madfvnV5G51qc6jkio1_500.gif

Again its you or them, dont lose sleep over what you did to save your own life. Like I said Walt has done way worst and he goes home to his family every day with a smile, I know everyone isnt cut from the same cloth. A reason why I like Walt and dont like Jesse. I see why Jesse acts the way he does, but doesnt mean since I understand it I have to like. Its quite annoying actually lol

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users