Photo

Spartacus: Vengeance

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Right, act like what you said has no obvious hints whatsoever. That deserves an edbassmaster psh.

Anyway, it is what it is. If Clutch truly wanted to stay away from potential spoilers/hints anyway, he wouldn't be coming in here as often without having finished the show and reading through posts. I know I personally always do my best to stay away from show threads if I'm not caught up or current. If & when I do, I only go in to post a thought or so I have in mind, but ignore and not even look at any of the others.

yo.

#422 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 941 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted June 11, 2013 - 10:39 AM

Right, act like what you said has no obvious hints whatsoever. That deserves an edbassmaster psh.

Anyway, it is what it is. If Clutch truly wanted to stay away from potential spoilers/hints anyway, he wouldn't be coming in here as often without having finished the show and reading through posts. I know I personally always do my best to stay away from show threads if I'm not caught up or current. If & when I do, I only go in to post a thought or so I have in mind, but ignore and not even look at any of the others.

dude how many things have already happened before the season finale? And now it all comes to an end? That alone broke my heart, so go ahead and keep talking like you know it all haha.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#423 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,317 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted June 11, 2013 - 10:39 AM

LOL at ole buddy saying he's not trying to be a know it all.

veqdeg.jpg

#424 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 941 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 10:43 AM

LOL at ole buddy saying he's not trying to be a know it all.

sure bud whatever you say.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#425 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,462 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:37 AM

nah man it wasn't a spoiler, i already expected everyone to die lol, i wasn't too well read in this part of history but it's kinda obvious what was going to happen..although a part of me was wishing the writers would say "[expletive] history" and gave spartacus victory and caesar would die against gannicus. the scene where he was surrounded by romans and just swinging like crazy was epic!

i actually expected spartacus to die against pompey not crasus though

but anyways

i thought i entered manhood a few years ago, but i was wrong...NOW i am a man

some thoughts:

- i don't think i've ever seen a better portrayal of war and battle than in this series, the first episode i was like, this is kinda corny with the slow mo and the cheesy blood graphics, but they definitely got better with it throughtout the series, it wasn't exaggerrated and started to look more realistic. looking back at some of the graphic scenes of death and how manz got their [expletive] effed up, very impressive job of showcasing realities of war and battle

- i sitll wish mira was kept alive till this final battle, i don't like naevia fighting style, she's wreckless

- the crasus and spartacus rivalry was brilliant throughout this season, both showing respect to each other's military capabilities and just the entire setup for the final showdown, awesome. to answer a previous question in the thread, crasus is definitely my fav villain, followed by glaber

spartacus and glaber rivalry was awesome too. that spartacus was completely different in terms of mind state than in this final season

battiatus was good with his politics and schemes and such, but i didn't hate him as much, i hated the women in the 1st season a lot more

- i often compared the gladiators to jedi's in this series, where 1 is equivalent to multiple soldiers, and the whole idea of bringing "balance to scale" or force. i don't know, just a connection i made personally

- sura's fine ass at the end, i forgot how sexy she was lol

- i love the little details and connections they made to wrap it all up, the best touch was the rain when spartacus died, so clutch

i thought i would have legit tear jerking moments when they all fell, but the only moment that almost got me was when spartacus said "that's not my name" at the end, and how he will finally hear his real name from his wife in the after life..i was like dammmmnn son lol

my favorite shows list definitely has a new number 1, can't recall a single boring moment or conversation. not one. nothing was stretched out too long, nothing was cut too short, everything was just on epic cruise mode.

bw1wOGf.png

#426 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 941 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:43 AM

nah man it wasn't a spoiler, i already expected everyone to die lol, i wasn't too well read in this part of history but it's kinda obvious what was going to happen..although a part of me was wishing the writers would say "[expletive] history" and gave spartacus victory and caesar would die against gannicus. the scene where he was surrounded by romans and just swinging like crazy was epic!

i actually expected spartacus to die against pompey not crasus though

but anyways

i thought i entered manhood a few years ago, but i was wrong...NOW i am a man

some thoughts:

- i don't think i've ever seen a better portrayal of war and battle than in this series, the first episode i was like, this is kinda corny with the slow mo and the cheesy blood graphics, but they definitely got better with it throughtout the series, it wasn't exaggerrated and started to look more realistic. looking back at some of the graphic scenes of death and how manz got their [expletive] effed up, very impressive job of showcasing realities of war and battle

- i sitll wish mira was kept alive till this final battle, i don't like naevia fighting style, she's wreckless

- the crasus and spartacus rivalry was brilliant throughout this season, both showing respect to each other's military capabilities and just the entire setup for the final showdown, awesome. to answer a previous question in the thread, crasus is definitely my fav villain, followed by glaber

spartacus and glaber rivalry was awesome too. that spartacus was completely different in terms of mind state than in this final season

battiatus was good with his politics and schemes and such, but i didn't hate him as much, i hated the women in the 1st season a lot more

- i often compared the gladiators to jedi's in this series, where 1 is equivalent to multiple soldiers, and the whole idea of bringing "balance to scale" or force. i don't know, just a connection i made personally

- sura's fine ass at the end, i forgot how sexy she was lol

- i love the little details and connections they made to wrap it all up, the best touch was the rain when spartacus died, so clutch

i thought i would have legit tear jerking moments when they all fell, but the only moment that almost got me was when spartacus said "that's not my name" at the end, and how he will finally hear his real name from his wife in the after life..i was like dammmmnn son lol

my favorite shows list definitely has a new number 1, can't recall a single boring moment or conversation. not one. nothing was stretched out too long, nothing was cut too short, everything was just on epic cruise mode.

Glad you liked it man I agree with alot that you said, any man tears shed? do you have a favorite episode or moment?

Edited by The Hound, June 11, 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#427 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,462 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:44 AM

almost at the end, but more tears of joy than sadness lol, everyone seemed content with their final destination

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:45 AM

I love it. So proud of you sir.

So... now that you have so quickly reached the end of this truly epic & still somewhat sadly underrated show (unknown to too many), would you say it's more enjoyable/satisfying than GOT or not? No pressure. Just want an honest answer. How would you personally compare?

yo.

#429 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,317 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Glad you liked it man I agree with alot that you said, any man tears shed? do you have a favorite episode or moment?

I know I was dam close. If my old lady was checking, I'm sure some would have fallen.

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:48 AM

^ Don't be a machista. Lagrimas are healthy every now & then.

yo.

#431 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,317 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:51 AM

^ Don't be a machista. Lagrimas are healthy every now & then.

She was ready to get me back for always making fun of her crying over those dog commercials.
I held my own.

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, June 11, 2013 - 11:53 AM.

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:54 AM

:laughing:

yo.

#433 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,298 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:54 AM

gonna start the series finale in a bit

second last episode i really enjoyed the games, that was a great touch

It was great when they yelled out all the names.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#434 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,462 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:07 PM

So... now that you have so quickly reached the end of this truly epic & still somewhat sadly underrated show (unknown to too many), would you say it's more enjoyable/satisfying than GOT or not? No pressure. Just want an honest answer. How would you personally compare?

i still see a tiny bit of fault in comparing the 2 head-to-head because i feel they both offer different things. reality vs fantasy

but personally without a doubt i enjoyed spartacus more. and the fact that i never really heard of this show too much outside of this forum is a great tragedy.

i think for men this has to be a must watch. like watching godfather and scarface

bw1wOGf.png

#435 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,298 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:08 PM

Glad you liked it clutch. I envy those who watched it all at once. It was a brutal wait from Blood and Sand to Vengence.

#436 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,298 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:10 PM

i still see a tiny bit of fault in comparing the 2 head-to-head because i feel they both offer different things. reality vs fantasy

but personally without a doubt i enjoyed spartacus more. and the fact that i never really heard of this show too much outside of this forum is a great tragedy.

i think for men this has to be a must watch. like watching godfather and scarface

Yep.

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:10 PM

:clap2: Bravo my friend, bravo. Your appreciation for the show has brought happiness to me. Anytime I can help bring in some newer fans to this masterpiece I am satisfied.

Now if I may ask, what shall be next for you? Have you ever seen Breaking Bad (don't remember if you have or haven't)? Dexter? Sons of Anarchy? American Horror Story?

yo.

#438 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,462 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:20 PM

ye i've seen dexter and american horror story. i don't really care for sons of anarchy much

still haven't had the patience to go through the slow 1st season of breaking bad, but ill get through one day lol, my friend kinda accidently spoiled it for me (which i probably shouldn't even hint at incase someone who hasn't seen the show reads this)

breaking bad and walkind dead are 2 shows i wanna force myself through their first seasons, i've tried like 2 episodes for them at least 3 different times but i couldn't keep interest

but if i can get through a whole season of Magic City which was MUCH slower and i ended up enjoying by the end, then i'm sure i can get through those

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:27 PM

How far did you go on SOA?

Let me tell you about the simplest difference between BB & TWD in most people's eyes when being compared. After season 1 on TWD, the show just keeps getting worse and worse. After season one on BB on the other hand, the show just keeps getting greater and greater, in fact epic at times. I know for a fact you will not be disappointed at all with BB, especially knowing your style.

So yeah, definitely don't even think twice about it. Watch BB first if you wanna' see the far superior show and arguably one of the greatest if not the greatest show of all-time up there with "The Wire" in many people's eyes.

TWD changed writers and handlers time after time and there hasn't been much consistency since season 1 with the original Darabont, other than consistently getting cheesier & worse. Concept is great obviously, but quality & all extremely poorly executed. Way below its potential and it's a shame, but yet people watch like crazy still because of the concept that still draws them in.

yo.

#440 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,298 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 01:00 PM

The Walking Dead is a show you could put off IMO. <br /><br />Season 1 was good but 2-3 were weak. <br /><br />Breaking Bad is my favorite show. It's consistently got better. <br />

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users