33 replies to this topic

#21 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,250 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2010 - 03:43 PM

there have been much more racist things said in the world, but i actually agree that this statement is at least slightly racist, or maybe racially insensitive, but i don't think skip bayless is a racist however, he just got caught with his foot in his mouth, i'm sure everyone has said something at one time or another thats racially insensitive, but it doesn't make you racist.

windu is right IMO, and i'm not just saying this cuz i'm black, and i'm the last guy to find something racist that really isn't (don't usually waste my time being upset with ignorant people) ii usually find it funny, but the question wasn't why don't white people, or hispanics play more baseball, there isn't a shortage of white/hispanic athletes in baseball so any statement explaining why black people don't play baseball obviously wouldn't apply to them, because they do play baseball in normal numbers

as windu stated, his words were "Main reason fewer blacks playing baseball bec. not as fun, harder to master, long road to majors." the issue is with blacks, not with another race, the statement is about blacks, and thats it. the statement all but says that black people would perfer to play a sport that is easier to master...call that whatever you will

Posted Image

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,938 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 11, 2010 - 03:51 PM

Neither Skip or I ever said CANT.

Baseball isn't any harder to master for a black person than it is for a white person.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#23 nanizm

nanizm

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted March 11, 2010 - 03:53 PM

Baseball isn't any harder to master for a black person than it is for a white person.

Neither Skip or I said that. Agree.

#24 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,938 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 03:57 PM

Neither Skip or I said that. Agree.

Skip all but spelled it out. He's an idiot. I only watch him on ESPN's First Take to get some laughs. It's almost like ESPN sets him up against other analysts just to get some chuckles. He debates everyone and gets pwned. Like I said, this is only one of the long line of idiotic things Skip Bayless has stated...doesn't make him a racist...he just makes idiotic statements.

Edited by Windu, March 11, 2010 - 03:57 PM.

Pau Gasol is TRASH

#25 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 8,926 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 05:29 PM

Actually no one plays baseball because all you do is stand in a field waiting for a tiny ball to come to your hand. No exercise, no fun :whistle:

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,938 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 05:41 PM

Football > Basketball > Baseball > Hockey
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#27 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,322 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 08:07 PM

Reminds me of something that happened last week. We're reading a book and my teacher says, well isn't that reverse racism(referring to an instance in the book)? I go off on her. What the [expletive] is reverse racism? What a joke. Either [expletive]ing way it's racism. If you're black, white, asian, indian, anything, it's racism and everyone is a bit racist. Some express it more openly than others. Some go to extremes to show their racism. It'll never leave this Earth as long as humans are on it. It's just one of those things that everyone has to live with.

Posted Image

#28 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,322 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 08:11 PM

Football > Basketball > Baseball > Hockey

Are you rating them based on your own opinion of which is easier? Or in order of your favorite?

Hockey maybe be harder to play that basketball from what I've experienced. I've played three of those sports seriously. Football was never my thing, but I know it takes a lot to be a good football player. The athleticism needed is insane that goes with Hockey and Basketball. The shape you need to play in those sports... Man. Why do you think a hockey player is on and off the ice within about 2 minutes? It's tiring and it takes a ton of skill to play. I'm not saying that you don't need skill to play the others, but just saying that Hockey is overlooked.

Posted Image

#29 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 8,926 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 03:31 PM

They should put all sports in the NFL Combine :rock:

http://www.nfl.com/c.../top-performers

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,938 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 03:34 PM

Are you rating them based on your own opinion of which is easier? Or in order of your favorite?

No. I'm not talking about difficulty level. Just popularity and stuff.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#31 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,749 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 04:05 PM

i was gonna post in this thread, but nevermind :nah:

13z8pc6.jpg

#32 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,587 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 12, 2010 - 05:16 PM

No. I'm not talking about difficulty level. Just popularity and stuff.

in my opinion its basketball > football > baseball> hockey
Posted Image

#33 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,322 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 05:26 PM

in my opinion its basketball > football > baseball> hockey

In your opinion, but in America, Football is easily first. Sad enough to say as much as I love ball.

Posted Image

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,938 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 08:57 PM

Football is easily my favorite sport. And college football is like heaven on earth.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users