LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:39 PM

i stopped enjoying regular season wins the moment we held the title

when we won our last title in 2002 i stopped caring about the regular season, then we didn't win another finals and i began to care about the regular season stuff like wins and MVPs because thats all we had

now we are back on top and all i care about is the post season

i'm happy i won but all it means to me is going up 5 1/2 games for the western HCA race

Also the fact that Denver is no longer 2nd in the West standings. I want to see a Western Conference Semifinal rematch between Dallas and Denver with Dallas having the HCA

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#863 michealle002

michealle002

Rookie

• 946 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Sasha, Fish

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image
I want to sit and bask in this happy glory but now I have a [expletive]load of homework I've put off.

:yes: :yes: :yes: Have midterm and homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: :yes:
You don't know what you have till it's gone.

#864 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:42 PM

In reality, the Lakers need to play better.

Kobe was under control, fought his urge to take the game over offensively.

But the Nuggets will say: "They won because Melo fouled out, we have won by double digits when we beat them, they only won by 6"

The Lakers will say: "Kobe played awful and we still won. The refs were trying to win the game for them and we still won"

In the end, is a little of both. and I'm still concerned about this team.

of course they need to play better. they played one half of good bball and got a win.

who cares if melo fouled out? there was like 2 min left in the game which we pretty much had in control. gasol was out the first game. does that mean that that win shouldnt count either? also, kobe was not physically 100% in our last game, he was like 60%. does that mean that that win shouldn't really count either?

yes this team has some concerns but they pulled out the win so we should all be glad about how this team responded in the 2nd half

#865 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:45 PM

Also the fact that Denver is no longer 2nd in the West standings. I want to see a Western Conference Semifinal rematch between Dallas and Denver with Dallas having the HCA

+1. dont forget that dallas got jobbed by the refs in one of their games in last season's playoffs. melo hit the 3 to win the game when dallas was CLEARLY trying to foul.

#866 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:46 PM

+1. dont forget that dallas got jobbed by the refs in one of their games in last season's playoffs. melo hit the 3 to win the game when dallas was CLEARLY trying to foul.

Umm... You didn't give me my +1... lol jk

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#867 azlaker

azlaker

Rookie

• 378 posts
  • Name:Jose
  • Fan Since:Life
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, gasol, artest!

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:48 PM

someone make a gif of ron ron doing the "get out of here" after melo fouled out, please :rock:

#868 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:51 PM

So much for marking this as a loss.

Great job steven v.

Giving up on this team is not a wise idea.

There is however a ton to work on.

You're right dude.

I have seen this team play slow at times, but today they looked like they were the lesser team to Denver. Normally they turn it around early within the first two quarters. Today that was not the case.

This was almost like 2 different games played by 2 different teams. Both being the Lakers.

Denver is preparing to face us in the second season. Right now they have the confidence to beat us.
It's just frustrating.

I'm glad they won and it was a hard fought win.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#869 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:56 PM

It felt like a different game because it was. A tale of two halfs.

Denver won both quarters in the first half and we won both quarters in the second half.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#870 An Assassins Mentality

An Assassins Mentality

Greatness Personified

• 695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 and Magic

Posted February 28, 2010 - 04:04 PM

I kind of disagree with you last stand... This was an important win to show Denver there is no mental edge they have on thew Lakers and that they can't beat the Lakers at will. Though, sure, regular season means nothing in the long run. Sometimes confidence shakers like this can go a long way for both teams' momentum.

Plus, games like this gives the victor a nice cobweb shaking wake-up call. The West, though weaker than previous years is still no cakewalk. The Lakers will have to fight for the right to go back to the Finals for a third try in a row. It's good to have competitive games like this go in your favor. Especially when a team has been playing as lethargically as the Lakers have as of late.

great post fido, I agree with everything you said except about the West being weaker than in previous years.. while that was not the central point of your post, just wanted to point out that I think the West is much tougher this season than in previous years for a few reasons.. we all know how good Denver is so I wont elaborate on that, but I strongly believe that the Mavericks right now are the best they have ever been and have the most talent they have ever had, I think Utah is also a much better team right now than they have been although the loss of Brewer will hurt a ton, especially if they have to play us, and think the Thunder are a very good team and deserving of a top 5 seed in the West.. the Spurs have been playing better lately and will probably be at their best come playoff time.. they have several new pieces this year so its understandable for them to struggle early on, but I think they have a ton of talent/depth and will show it come playoffs.

the Suns are playing at a very high level right now and are as good as they have been the past two seasons since Nash is playing as well as he did during his MVP seasons.. Portland is the only team that has dropped off and thats cause they are battling a plethora of injuries.. N.O. has never really been that good but have been without their best player in CP3.. so all in all I think the West is just as dominant as its been the past few years, if not more, which is why I think this team better get its [expletive] together by the time April rolls around if they want to represent the West in the Finals and defend their title.. I definitely think we can just need to consistently show we are capable of playing at a high level, from Kobe down to Powell.

but great win by the Champs.. great job overcoming a [expletive] load of adversity in the first half and even a little in the third quarter.. I am proud of Artest and LO and Pau (who stepped up big time after his benching in the 4th quarter --- great job by Phil sending that message) and even Kobe for not trying to take over the game after struggling early, even though he took a few bad shots down the stretch.. those 12 assists were huge as well as his effort for the most part on the defensive end! great team win.. now lets keep it moving!
"He's the best player in the game. It's just that simple. There's nothing that Kobe Bryant can't do. He will defend your best player. He will shoot from the perimeter. He will get all in your mug, he will do whatever it takes. He is the most complete basketball player in the game today, bar none. He has an assassin's mentality." -- Stephen A. Smith

#871 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 04:05 PM

Umm... You didn't give me my +1... lol jk

wait. huh? :huh:

#872 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 04:16 PM

wait. huh? :huh:

a reputation point lol but its cool

#873 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted February 28, 2010 - 04:43 PM

We won, but Kobe is no where close to 100%. 17 shots to get 14 points. :nah:

He did a good job facilitating, but I'm starting to worry about him a little. Maybe he should sit a few more games.

Posted Image

#874 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 04:50 PM

We won, but Kobe is no where close to 100%. 17 shots to get 14 points. :nah:

He did a good job facilitating, but I'm starting to worry about him a little. Maybe he should sit a few more games.

Yeah but he sat out 5 games and was out eighteen days. That's a lot of rest. It's just the natural wear and tear. Some people forget we've been to the finals two years in a row and he played in the olympics during the 2008 summer. He knows how to pace himself. He does look rusty though, his shot isn't there yet.

#875 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2010 - 05:07 PM

its a regular season win, no big deal. Like I have said repeatedly, this team is built for the playoffs, and they will bring it when it is time. Their defense in the 2nd half was nothing short of spectacular, Denver is a team that has to hit ridiculous 3 pointers to beat the Lakers and when they don't they become exactly what their regular season record would indicate, a good but flawed team.

#876 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 28, 2010 - 06:25 PM

It felt like a different game because it was. A tale of two halfs.

Denver won both quarters in the first half and we won both quarters in the second half.

Did anyone mention that we held them to 37 points in the 2nd half???

Way to D the :censored: up
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#877 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 06:29 PM

Yeah but he sat out 5 games and was out eighteen days. That's a lot of rest. It's just the natural wear and tear. Some people forget we've been to the finals two years in a row and he played in the olympics during the 2008 summer. He knows how to pace himself. He does look rusty though, his shot isn't there yet.

I think Kobe is still hurting

He can't cut
He can't elevate
He can't change directions
He can't spin away from the DT and go to the basket
He has no hops
I say this watching his footwork very closely in the 2nd half.
He has no footwork
How many playoff games can we win with Kobe not being a threat to score???
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#878 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted February 28, 2010 - 06:32 PM

I think Kobe is still hurting

He can't cut
He can't elevate
He can't change directions
He can't spin away from the DT and go to the basket
He has no hops
I say this watching his footwork very closely in the 2nd half.
He has no footwork
How many playoff games can we win with Kobe not being a threat to score???

And on top of that, his jumpshot is off target, which I figure has alot to do with his ankle.Kobe knows his body better than anyone, so ultimately the decision will come from him. But if you ask me, I say rest for a few games and be ready come playoff time. We need to overtake the Cavs, but it makes no sense to keep on playing injured. We need to think longterm, not shorterm.

Edited by Confidence, February 28, 2010 - 06:38 PM.

Posted Image

#879 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 28, 2010 - 06:34 PM

Yeh, I keep saying it: If we play defense consistently...we're virtually unbeatable.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#880 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 07:58 PM

And on top of that, his jumpshot is off target, which I figure has alot to do with his ankle.Kobe knows his body better than anyone, so ultimately the decision will come from him. But if you ask me, I say rest for a few games and be ready come playoff time. We need to overtake the Cavs, but it makes no sense to keep on playing injured. We need to think longterm, not shorterm.

I agree
I think Kobe can rest another week or 2 and we can still win...looking at the schedule

Edited by Lords of the Rings, February 28, 2010 - 07:58 PM.

LAKERS NO FAKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users