Have a scratch on my Ipod Touch Screen

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,340 posts

Posted February 23, 2010 - 12:45 PM

I was actually going to put a screen protector on my Ipod Touch, but just kept putting it off for some reason. I have a scratch on my screen now, and while it's not a nightmare problem that will totally ruin my Touch, I would rather have it be scratch-free. Is there any way to fix this problem, replace screens, etc? From talking on the phone with someone from an Apple retail store, they told me that only the iPhone has an LCD screen that can be taken off and replaced; they also told me that it probably wouldn't be taken by Apple, even though it's still under waurantee (i.e. It's only about 2-3 months old). It would be nice to get a bit more help from a company that I payed $300 plus on. Scratch resistant my as$.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,090 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 23, 2010 - 12:57 PM

uh, clear nail polish??? idk

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,340 posts

Posted February 24, 2010 - 03:19 PM

I guess I'm taking a chance, but I'm ordering something from Amazon called "idrops." Some claim its miraculous, while others say that it doesn't fix anything. Just have to take the chance. If I somehow luck out and get the scratch off, I already ordered some LCD screen protectors. I definitely learned my lesson...Just wish they wouldn't deceive people by saying that the screen is "scratch-resistant."

Edited by leor_77, February 24, 2010 - 03:20 PM.

#4 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,161 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted February 24, 2010 - 04:46 PM

I guess I'm taking a chance, but I'm ordering something from Amazon called "idrops." Some claim its miraculous, while others say that it doesn't fix anything. Just have to take the chance. If I somehow luck out and get the scratch off, I already ordered some LCD screen protectors. I definitely learned my lesson...Just wish they wouldn't deceive people by saying that the screen is "scratch-resistant."

if you want 'stratch resistant', i recommend "invisshield"

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/ipod/apple

video of it in action:

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#5 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,016 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2010 - 05:32 AM

You can try one of those crystal clear screen protectors, or buy a new screen on ebay

#6 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 23, 2010 - 04:28 PM

if you want 'stratch resistant', i recommend "invisshield"

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/ipod/apple

video of it in action:

:yes: I recommed this. Got my iPod 2 on the Christmas of 08.. Put this on ( HAVE A PROFESSINAL DO IT!!!! ) haven't had a single scratch or anything yet and I use that thing A LOT! :rock:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#7 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,161 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 05:34 PM

:yes: I recommed this. Got my iPod 2 on the Christmas of 08.. Put this on ( HAVE A PROFESSINAL DO IT!!!! ) haven't had a single scratch or anything yet and I use that thing A LOT! :rock:

where do you get it done by 'professionals' at? my house is dusty, i had so many dusts go on my iTouch cover. SO ANNOYING...

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#8 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 05:50 PM

Most malls have cell phone kiosks that sell those. Have them do it.

#9 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 23, 2010 - 05:55 PM

where do you get it done by 'professionals' at? my house is dusty, i had so many dusts go on my iTouch cover. SO ANNOYING...

Where you buy them the people can normally do it for you, it's extra money but it's def. worth it. People try to do it by themselves all the time and never succeed and it ends up looking like crap, and peels like crazy.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#10 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,161 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 06:05 PM

Where you buy them the people can normally do it for you, it's extra money but it's def. worth it. People try to do it by themselves all the time and never succeed and it ends up looking like crap, and peels like crazy.

hm... best buy.. eh hah

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#11 DosCuatro

DosCuatro

Rookie

• 206 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 23, 2010 - 10:13 PM

inivishield are good but the back part of it peel fast...but the screen cover is great at protecting it but it feels weird after a while not as smooth

#12 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 24, 2010 - 10:00 AM

I live right by the Invisishield Corporate office/store (zagg) Their installs are so clean and perfect lol

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users