Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
831 replies to this topic

#821 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,105 posts

Posted February 19, 2010 - 08:48 AM

To me no game should be blamed on one player :nervous: no matter how horrible they might have been out there.

#822 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,482 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 19, 2010 - 09:06 AM

am I missing something here, the lakers were within 1 shot of beating the Boston Celtics, WITHOUT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!! While you get no points for morale victories, ultimately nothing has changed. The Lakers are not going to get homecourt throughout and that is just how it is, Clevelands schedule is too easy (aside: imagine how they feel, they just saw one of the all time great performances by Lebron in a defeat to the Nuggets, not exactly a team on par with the Celtics). The team fighting back is a testament to their depth and the insane talent of this team. Kobe taking time off to get right physically and let this team learn how to not only play without him but win against several quality opponents and come within 1 point of beating the NBA elite will pay dividends down the road far greater than the single W we would get in the win column had he played. Quit being spoiled brats, this team is far and away the best in the NBA right now (with Bryant), they lost to the Cavs twice when Kobe was banged up, but guess what, we lost to the Magic twice last year as well, look how that turned out. When we get to the playoffs you will see what this team is truly capable of. Be encouraged and proud of how the team played, a win would have been icing on the cake, but honestly, if fish makes that miracle shot at the end, does that make us really that much better of a team, NO, it means we executed one play at the end of the game to perfection and added some luck to it, the end.

#823 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted February 19, 2010 - 10:08 AM

am I missing something here, the lakers were within 1 shot of beating the Boston Celtics, WITHOUT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!! While you get no points for morale victories, ultimately nothing has changed. The Lakers are not going to get homecourt throughout and that is just how it is, Clevelands schedule is too easy (aside: imagine how they feel, they just saw one of the all time great performances by Lebron in a defeat to the Nuggets, not exactly a team on par with the Celtics). The team fighting back is a testament to their depth and the insane talent of this team. Kobe taking time off to get right physically and let this team learn how to not only play without him but win against several quality opponents and come within 1 point of beating the NBA elite will pay dividends down the road far greater than the single W we would get in the win column had he played. Quit being spoiled brats, this team is far and away the best in the NBA right now (with Bryant), they lost to the Cavs twice when Kobe was banged up, but guess what, we lost to the Magic twice last year as well, look how that turned out. When we get to the playoffs you will see what this team is truly capable of. Be encouraged and proud of how the team played, a win would have been icing on the cake, but honestly, if fish makes that miracle shot at the end, does that make us really that much better of a team, NO, it means we executed one play at the end of the game to perfection and added some luck to it, the end.

we beat them by one with Kobe
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#824 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 19, 2010 - 10:29 AM

Did you guys realize we held them to 11 points in the 4th quarter?

Yeh, but we only had 17 ourselves. They outscored us in every qtr except for the 4th.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#825 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted February 19, 2010 - 10:32 AM

must have been a pretty intense game. :blink:

:eh:

You mean you didn't watch the Lakers vs Celtics?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#826 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,105 posts

Posted February 19, 2010 - 10:52 AM

:eh:

You mean you didn't watch the Lakers vs Celtics?

No I did not. I found a link or two but they wouldn't buffer or whatever for some reason. I had to finish up that math homework called hell anyway.

#827 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted February 19, 2010 - 10:54 AM

No I did not. I found a link or two but they wouldn't buffer or whatever for some reason. I had to finish up that math homework called hell anyway.

You don't have cable?

You must have had a lot of that math left to do. I would have done it before the game or during halftime.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#828 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,105 posts

Posted February 19, 2010 - 11:10 AM

You don't have cable?

You must have had a lot of that math left to do. I would have done it before the game or during halftime.

No cable. I did have a lot. With all 30 40 4594584353 problems I made lucky guesses on 90% of them :laughing:

If I had cable I would have watched every single game...

#829 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted February 19, 2010 - 11:13 AM

No cable. I did have a lot. With all 30 40 4594584353 problems I made lucky guesses on 90% of them :laughing:

If I had cable I would have watched every single game...

you bull :censored: ing! You luckily guessed your way on 90%? What was your score..uh...90? lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#830 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,482 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 19, 2010 - 11:38 AM

we beat them by one with Kobe

a banged up Kobe, in their building, when we were playing some of the worst ball we played all year. Trust me, this team poses no threat to us if we meet them in the finals, and they would probably tell you the same, look at how they celebrated after they beat the Lakers B team, the writing is already on the wall. Over a 7 game series (which will last 6 max) the Lakers will expose their age, offensive deficiencies, and lack of chemistry. I fully expect the Celtics to make it to the Finals and it will be sweet celebrating on their home court in games 5 or 6.

#831 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,105 posts

Posted February 19, 2010 - 12:20 PM

you bull :censored: ing! You luckily guessed your way on 90%? What was your score..uh...90? lol

those were multiple choice questions :P my average came out to be 87%

#832 MsH

MsH

TLN Sexiest

• 358 posts
  • Name:Allan
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 19, 2010 - 07:32 PM

Putpad q Pariui!!!

Edited by MsH, February 19, 2010 - 07:42 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users