Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sugar Shane Mosley May 1st.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sugar Shane Mosley May 1st. (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think Will Win?

1. Voted Sugar Shane Mosley (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Floyd Mayweather Jr. (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted May 03, 2010 - 11:03 PM

Nope. Not at all. Cause that was way more believable to me than Mosley AND because at least from my eyes, I believed I saw in JMM at least a man who WAS clearly trying and still taking risks and giving it all he had. I unfortunately can't say the same for Shane.

#82 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted May 03, 2010 - 11:08 PM

Nope. Not at all. Cause that was way more believable to me than Mosley AND because at least from my eyes, I believed I saw in JMM at least a man who WAS clearly trying and still taking risks and giving it all he had. I unfortunately can't say the same for Shane.

It baffles my mind how you can't acknowledge the simple facts.
Shane:
  • 38 Years old
  • Past his prime
  • Slower then May
  • Has trouble against Boxers
  • 16 month period of inactivity

He's past it bro. get over it. Do you really hate Shane? Or do you just hate the fact that Mayweather won?

Edited by HipHopOpotamus, May 03, 2010 - 11:09 PM.

#83 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:magic and worthy!

Posted May 03, 2010 - 11:13 PM

i think chicano wanted shane to go out swinging and fighting, regardless of the punishment he was taking.

#84 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 11:23 PM

i think chicano wanted shane to go out swinging and fighting, regardless of the punishment he was taking.

Yup, The thing with cano is that he loves the Mexican blood and guts fighters(And so do I). But he expects every boxer to fight that style. I remember he was pissed because Cotto was running from Pacquiao when he was seriously hurt. I was like wtf? you expect him to sit there and take more punishment?.. :laughing: I don't blame him though it is very entertaining. :laughing:

#85 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 11:26 PM

i love mexican fighters. they will die in the ring. if you compare shane to that, then i can see why he looks like he was wimping out.

but... at some point, self-preservation kicks in.

#86 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted May 05, 2010 - 01:41 PM

Shane trying to land a right:
Posted Image

Shane trying to land a Jab + Left hook:
Posted Image

This happened all night.

#87 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,164 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 06, 2010 - 07:06 PM

Bhop still fights pretty well for a older boxer though and the age difference in this fight was only 5 years. Mayweather was just too much a technical boxer and Mosely was scarred of the counter punches he would receive if he tried to go out swinging. He didn't wanna risk getting knocked out at all.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#88 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted May 06, 2010 - 07:08 PM

Shane trying to land a right:
Posted Image

Shane trying to land a Jab + Left hook:
Posted Image

This happened all night.

But ya' see what I'm saying? Just in those gifs alone, those are WEAK arse punches, even YOU AND I can throw harder than that. It was ridiculous. This guy's supposed to be a pro. He was throwing that weak QUICKLY after the 2nd round, that's what's even more weird and pathetic.

#89 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 09:28 PM

chicano- floyd vs. manny.... you rooting for floyd???

#90 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 09:29 PM

well deserved props, money dismantled mosley

but what RA says in the beginning still hold true, mayweather either fights smaller opponents, or opponents his size who are old/fading stars past their prime. not hard to guess which one mosley was.

C'mon let's not be biased.. It goes both ways..

But ya' see what I'm saying? Just in those gifs alone, those are WEAK arse punches, even YOU AND I can throw harder than that. It was ridiculous. This guy's supposed to be a pro. He was throwing that weak QUICKLY after the 2nd round, that's what's even more weird and pathetic.

I understand what you're saying and i agree with you (the first part at least, Not sure about the bold :laughing: ). He obviously gassed after the second round. But Again in my eyes and many other peoples eyes it wasn't a "pathetic/fishy" performance.. Shane said himself that he couldn't get off. He felt stiff.. dude is old.. I'm not sure what version of "Mosley" you were expecting to see, especially this late in his career.
But i do understand your frustration.

#91 Alex.com

Alex.com

Back @ it Like a Crack Addict

• 1,240 posts
  • Name:Alejandro Herrera
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 06, 2010 - 09:37 PM

wow rlly? Manny wanted to fight.... its 'Pac Man' that didnt wanna take a blood test

Sorry I had my info wrong but I still think Mayweather will win but I'm rooting for Pac Man

Posted Image

#92 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,317 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted May 07, 2010 - 09:56 AM

Lots of people dislike Floyd for whatever reason & no one who fights him, no one, wants to get KO'd by him & his soft fists. Shane showed that.

veqdeg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users