Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sugar Shane Mosley May 1st.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sugar Shane Mosley May 1st. (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think Will Win?

1. Voted Sugar Shane Mosley (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Floyd Mayweather Jr. (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted May 02, 2010 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image

#42 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 09:17 PM

I think boxers should use MMA 8oz. gloves. :rock:

#43 mikel24242

mikel24242

Rookie

• 1,390 posts
  • Name:mikel
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 02, 2010 - 09:38 PM

^That would take the skill out of it. There would be way more lucky punches. Less combos :nah:

Floyd!!! though damn man, are you ever gonna lose?
"As far as me hitting a wall, so what if I did? I didn't, but so what if i did." - Kobe
what does it mean if you did?
"It means nothing" -Kobe
because...?....
"Cause, ill run strait through it" -Kobe

#44 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted May 02, 2010 - 10:52 PM

Mosley, no heart, no pride. It was truly incredible to me how much his activity level dropped immediately after the 2nd round & how when he had the chance to knock Floyd out there, he let up and didn't go all out. That's not typical of Shane if you've followed his career. Too much stuff seemed too fishy to me unfortunately and I wouldn't doubt it. After all, boxing is big time about business. Oh well...

#45 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted May 03, 2010 - 01:14 AM

Mosley, no heart, no pride. It was truly incredible to me how much his activity level dropped immediately after the 2nd round & how when he had the chance to knock Floyd out there, he let up and didn't go all out. That's not typical of Shane if you've followed his career. Too much stuff seemed too fishy to me unfortunately and I wouldn't doubt it. After all, boxing is big time about business. Oh well...

You do realize that this isn't a prime SSM. This is a 38 year old Shane. Yeah he had a good showing against Margarito but his fight before that he struggled against an old [expletive] Mayorga and A loss to Cotto before that.
No heart? No pride? Really? He went the full 12 rounds in a fight where he was getting his [expletive] beat. If he had no heart fight would've been over by the 9th-10th round. I'm surprised he didn't quit on his stool..
Yeah, fight was real fishy :rolleyes: ... If you don't want to give Floyd credit then that's on you. Nothing fishy about getting out-boxed and out-classed. Your activity level will drop when your opponent makes you miss and counters your every mistake. Not to mention Floyd's speed advantage.
Shane did land a big shot in the second round and he did go all out for the K.O. (He seemed to gas shortly after, You need to rewatch it). Floyd did what any smart/hurt boxer would do and that's clinch (Boxing 101). He recovered from that hit rather quickly and actually took over the last 20 seconds of round 2.. and the rest of the fight for that matter.
It's called making adjustments. One fighter was able to adjust and the other wasn't. Simple.
Also, when's that last time anybody looked good against Floyd?

#46 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted May 03, 2010 - 07:48 AM

This fight was boring. I expected more out of Sugar, but I'm glad Mayweather won. On to the next! Mayweather & Pacquiao please, GET IT DONE. Team Pacquiao, baby! :rock: :rock: Filipino! Whaaat.

I want my $64.95 back though. LOL

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#47 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,379 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted May 03, 2010 - 09:27 AM

Posted Image

That punch in the 2nd round is the only thing Mayweather haters have had to cheer for in a good minute. If Mosley can agree to the testing & get tossed, so should Manny.
No way did i think the fight would be like this with Floyd as the aggressor while Shane held & backpeddled.

veqdeg.jpg

#48 DameC24

DameC24

16!

• 535 posts
  • Name:Dame
  • Fan Since:When I seen my first Laker game on CBS
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:24 AM

Pac vs Mayweather has to happen now. I can't believe Sugar gave up after the 2nd rd. It's like he went into a shell after the 3rd rd.

#49 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,721 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s

Posted May 03, 2010 - 01:12 PM

mosley has to agree to testing because he's been known to do steroids

2div

#50 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:magic and worthy!

Posted May 03, 2010 - 01:16 PM

You do realize that this isn't a prime SSM. This is a 38 year old Shane. Yeah he had a good showing against Margarito but his fight before that he struggled against an old [expletive] Mayorga and A loss to Cotto before that.
No heart? No pride? Really? He went the full 12 rounds in a fight where he was getting his [expletive] beat. If he had no heart fight would've been over by the 9th-10th round. I'm surprised he didn't quit on his stool..
Yeah, fight was real fishy :rolleyes: ... If you don't want to give Floyd credit then that's on you. Nothing fishy about getting out-boxed and out-classed. Your activity level will drop when your opponent makes you miss and counters your every mistake. Not to mention Floyd's speed advantage.
Shane did land a big shot in the second round and he did go all out for the K.O. (He seemed to gas shortly after, You need to rewatch it). Floyd did what any smart/hurt boxer would do and that's clinch (Boxing 101). He recovered from that hit rather quickly and actually took over the last 20 seconds of round 2.. and the rest of the fight for that matter.
It's called making adjustments. One fighter was able to adjust and the other wasn't. Simple.
Also, when's that last time anybody looked good against Floyd?

thanks, hiphop, great analysis. floyd is a pure boxer. most people don't appreciate his technical skills, they just want to see two guys brawling. i mean, i get it, it's more exciting to watch, but if you really understand the science of boxing, you'll appreciate floyd: his speed, his defense, his footwork, his discipline, his ring generalship.

yeah he got rocked in the 2nd round, but he took it and was able to recover. that's what greater fighters do. he then went on to lay down a clinic on shane for the rest of the fight.

i'm a fan of manny, but i don't blindly worship him. he's a very fast, volume puncher, but he has no defense. floyd should be able to pick him apart, especially the longer the fight goes.

#51 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 01:36 PM

What is the reason Pacquiao doesn't take the tests?

he believes giving blood immediately before a fight weakens him. he's very spiritual and superstitious. there is of course the mental/psychological aspect to boxing, so if *he* believes he's weaker that will affect him mentally. pac's camp also didn't want to give in to floyd's demands, which they felt were unreasonable.

#52 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,883 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 03, 2010 - 01:42 PM

haters still not giving Floyd props (not talking about anyone here) lol, but like mayweather said on 24/7 haters wll always find a way to hate... if he knocks a boxer out early... they'll say he got lucky.... if he knocks him out later ... they say he should've knocked him out earlier.... if it goes to decision ... they say he should've won by knock out... etc .. lol

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#53 androsays

androsays

• 4,721 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 02:09 PM

i respect mayweather, he's an amazing fighter and can easily go down as one of the greatest if not the greatest boxer of all time

having said that, this interview puts mayweather's mindset into perspective. mayweather/RA the rugged man interview, he gets put ON BLAST, worth listening if you haven't already.

edit* forgot to mention that this happened before the mayweather v. mosley fight, so that wipes out part of RA the rugged man's argument, but the majority of his points are still damn hard to argue.

Edited by androsays, May 03, 2010 - 02:15 PM.

2div

#54 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 02:16 PM

hey andro- yeah, that's a great interview. RA really knows his [expletive]. i follow his twitter because of it. for those of you unfamiliar with it, here's the set-up: RA the rugged, a rapper, is on shade 45 giving an interview. the subject of boxing comes up since he's a huge boxing fan. they start talking about floyd, floyd hears it, and calls in.

after this fight, RA did give floyd props for stepping up to fight shane and said it was an impressive win.

#55 androsays

androsays

• 4,721 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 02:21 PM

well deserved props, money dismantled mosley

but what RA says in the beginning still hold true, mayweather either fights smaller opponents, or opponents his size who are old/fading stars past their prime. not hard to guess which one mosley was.

2div

#56 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 02:28 PM

well deserved props, money dismantled mosley

but what RA says in the beginning still hold true, mayweather either fights smaller opponents, or opponents his size who are old/fading stars past their prime. not hard to guess which one mosley was.

right, that's always been the criticism of mayweather. fighting pacman NOW, both in their primes, is the only way to shut everyone up. there's noone else, unless he moves up to middleweight and maybe fight sergio martinez????

#57 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2010 - 02:29 PM

manny says he will consider taking blood test 14 days before fight with FMJ

Pau Gasol is GONE

#58 androsays

androsays

• 4,721 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 02:33 PM

saw that on espn, hopefully something can be worked out and soon.

i love manny and i respect what he's doing trying to help the filipino people by running for politics and everything, but i sure hope he loses that campaign.

2div

#59 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 02:34 PM

manny says he will consider taking blood test 14 days before fight with FMJ

what's weird is that floyd's camp acquiesced to 14 days during the initial talks, but manny's camp rejected it, asking for a 21 or 30 day cut-off (can't remember which). so now they're okay with 14. i don't get it...

#60 androsays

androsays

• 4,721 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 03:38 PM

i'm sure somebody convinced manny

plus money talks, manny has such a big family/posse (any filippino can attest to how big a filippino family/extended family, including close friends and this and that, can get) and is constantly giving out money to charities and what not that i'm sure such a payday would change his mind

2div

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users