413 replies to this topic

#401 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:30 PM

Lamar and Jordan combined for 43 points on 20 shots.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#402 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:31 PM

i want kobe to let pau run the offense for the rest of the regular season and just run off of him. let himself rest for the playoffs, let pau work down low and set the table for everyone

Do you realize that Andrew is not playing also, and Andrew is the center, not Pau. You also realize that Kobe does that, and if they don't respond, then he takes over.

You do realize that this team is playing out of their minds right now, it won't happen all the time. You do realize that the blazers were without brandon roy. the spurs lose to teams that have a winning record and that the jazz played last night against the clippers.

But above all, you have to realize that all these teams are thinking the lakers are not good without Kobe, hence, they let their guard down.

See, I love that the team is stepping up, which they would do this all the time, but instead they are waiting for kobe to bail them out, and for Kobe to take the blame. What irks me to no end, is that everyone blames kobe. that everyone says kobe needs to realize he needs to be passive, he needs to defer to Pau. On and on with the same thing.

Things run both ways, they HAVE to play aggressive even with kobe in the line up and kobe has to let them figure things out on their own, even if they lose. But if Kobe does that and they lose, then as fans, we can't blame Kobe.

In the end, the lakers except for Kobe have an easy ride. Win or lose, it's always on Kobe. Now they are showing they can be good without Kobe, and it's also Kobe fault. SAD.

Edited by lili, February 10, 2010 - 08:31 PM.

#403 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:33 PM

Great win tonight guys! We played better then I thought we would.

#404 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:39 PM

exactly as i expected. watched game with jazz fan. hes officially scared. sasha was nice
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#405 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:58 PM

Do you realize that Andrew is not playing also, and Andrew is the center, not Pau. You also realize that Kobe does that, and if they don't respond, then he takes over.

You do realize that this team is playing out of their minds right now, it won't happen all the time. You do realize that the blazers were without brandon roy. the spurs lose to teams that have a winning record and that the jazz played last night against the clippers.

But above all, you have to realize that all these teams are thinking the lakers are not good without Kobe, hence, they let their guard down.

See, I love that the team is stepping up, which they would do this all the time, but instead they are waiting for kobe to bail them out, and for Kobe to take the blame. What irks me to no end, is that everyone blames kobe. that everyone says kobe needs to realize he needs to be passive, he needs to defer to Pau. On and on with the same thing.

Things run both ways, they HAVE to play aggressive even with kobe in the line up and kobe has to let them figure things out on their own, even if they lose. But if Kobe does that and they lose, then as fans, we can't blame Kobe.

In the end, the lakers except for Kobe have an easy ride. Win or lose, it's always on Kobe. Now they are showing they can be good without Kobe, and it's also Kobe fault. SAD.

Celebrate Man Celebrate the Win. :rock:
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#406 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

Just enjoy the win. We know the team will not always step up like this. But it's good to see that they can actually step up because up until three games ago, we didn't think the team was capable of the way they played.

This gives the team confidence that they don't need to wait around for Kobe. and Kobe now knows he can rely on his teammates.

#407 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:08 PM

Different Game
We are not pounding it into 2 bigs....As I've said this slows the game down so you'd better D the F up
Now its we can run too cause Pau can get up and down the floor with the Forwards n Guards.
Bynum can't do that
So we either bring Bynum off the bench to start games and overwhelm on both ends OR "pound the ball inside"
When LO is of this mindset ...no one can match up with us

Phil has some decisions to make :hmm:

Celebrate Man Celebrate the Win. :rock:

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#408 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:12 PM

What an awesome win!! It's a great time to be a Laker! My friends are SO pissed Im loving it! This weekend is going to be awesome now!!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#409 azlaker

azlaker

Rookie

• 378 posts
  • Name:Jose
  • Fan Since:Life
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, gasol, artest!

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:26 PM

lol @ lakers fans who said we would be [expletive]ty without kobe...
we could make the playoffs with this roster easily.

we need the offense to look this fluid with kobe in the mix.

look like good team ball..

im happy watching everyone give efforts to win.

#410 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:48 PM

Its on everybody to play like this when Kobe and Drew get back, the rest of the squad has shown what their capable of still doing now they need to bring it every night like Kobe does.

#411 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:53 PM

lol @ lakers fans who said we would be [expletive]ty without kobe...
we could make the playoffs with this roster easily.

we need the offense to look this fluid with kobe in the mix.

look like good team ball..

im happy watching everyone give efforts to win.

Well to be fair, you can't blame some people for feeling that way with how the team has looked at times.

All of us know, well most of us lol, know that this team is loaded with weapons and when playing at its potential, is the best team in the NBA, hands down.

#412 Skully Gully

Skully Gully

Stranger Danger

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kooobe

Posted February 10, 2010 - 10:51 PM

Owlyness (or does he still go by Base? idk) sent me updates of the game and it sounded like they played a good, solid game. I'm so proud. Knew they could do it but still very impressed. Posted Image They should only continue to dominate when Kobe and Drew return.

I loved reading through the board, sounded like a beautiful game. Goddamn it, I wish I had seen it.

_
tumblr_mhf8xujcct1qzligbo1_500_zps4cc2ac

#413 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,731 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 10, 2010 - 11:32 PM

What a win guys...

#414 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted February 11, 2010 - 12:31 AM

Owlyness (or does he still go by Base? idk) sent me updates of the game and it sounded like they played a good, solid game. I'm so proud. Knew they could do it but still very impressed. Posted Image They should only continue to dominate when Kobe and Drew return.

I loved reading through the board, sounded like a beautiful game. Goddamn it, I wish I had seen it.

Base? Wait how do you remember that? OMG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users