#23 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 20, 2010 - 04:15 AM

Revenge game. We should be gunnin' . I hope Kobe bounces back from the bad shooting night. Go Lakers !

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#24 LakerFanInOmaha!

LakerFanInOmaha!

Rookie

• 1,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted January 20, 2010 - 06:07 AM

Time for payback! It will be tough though.
2009 NBA Champions!!!

#25 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,578 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted January 20, 2010 - 06:35 AM

GTFO of LA Cleveland Fagaliers.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#26 KB_24

KB_24

Sixth Man

• 3,372 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:number 24

Posted January 20, 2010 - 09:13 AM

I'm confident for this game... the guys know that they will have to focus immediately... Moreover, the christmas loss will add some extra motivation... go LA!! Please, just shut stupid lebron and dumbass mo williams up :rock:
My blood runs purple and gold...

Posted Image

#27 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted January 20, 2010 - 10:12 AM

I'm just hoping that our bigs will outplay their bigs this time. Shaq dominated our bigs last game, and our bench hardly got any burn. Jamario Moon outscored our bench by himself. Mo also destroyed Fisher the whole game and our players were moving around screens so lackadaisical. Bron played an "ok" game for his standards and they still destroyed us.

Kobe needs to bring his "A" game, b/c if he forces up too many shots and shoots a low percentage, we will probably lose.I think Kobe and Shannon should guard Mo for most of the game, also.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, January 20, 2010 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image

#28 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts

Posted January 20, 2010 - 10:13 AM

Kobe for 50 !

Message From Pac

#29 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted January 20, 2010 - 10:53 AM

payback time, hopefully the bench shows up for this one

Posted Image

#30 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted January 20, 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hopefully Kobe shoots better than 33% and shoots less than 33 shots. Can't win against good teams that way.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#31 KB_24

KB_24

Sixth Man

• 3,372 posts
  • Fav. Laker:number 24

Posted January 20, 2010 - 01:26 PM

Kobe for 50 !

and LA for 150!!
My blood runs purple and gold...

Posted Image

#32 rnd24

rnd24

Off The Bench

• 1,755 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:kb

Posted January 20, 2010 - 02:29 PM

Shannon should guard Mo for most of the game, also.

not gonna happen....phil is going to bench him because he played well last game :D but seriously we need more farmar and less fish in this game..unless we want mo to go for a career high
When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"[/center]

#33 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted January 20, 2010 - 07:19 PM

Bases Prediction for Los Angeles Lakers Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers:
Posted Image 97
Posted Image 92

The Lakers are going to have to establish an inside game and contain Shaq to win this game.
Bases Prediction Stats (2 game):
Guess Within
Opponents:
PERFECT: 1
Under 5 points: 0
Between 6-10: 1
Between 11-15: 0

Lakers:
Under 5 Points: 0
Between: 6-10: 1
Between 11-15: 0
Between 16-20: 0
Between 21-25: 1 (horrible)

#34 Gnomestone

Gnomestone

Rookie

• 720 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 20, 2010 - 10:28 PM

Possibly a loss, but I really hope we can win this game.

#35 Army_Of_One

Army_Of_One

라이오넬

• 2,793 posts
  • Fan Since:secret
  • Fav. Laker:secret

Posted January 21, 2010 - 02:04 AM

wipe the smirk off le[expletive], shag-you oneal and mole williams

if the refs let us win, we will

#36 Skully Gully

Skully Gully

Stranger Danger

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kooobe

Posted January 21, 2010 - 02:22 AM

My stomach churns every time I think about this game. But I know we have the ability to win it. We have to play with 100% effort and not slack on D. We've been doing well at these revenge games and I hope this one goes the same way. If Kobe plays like Kobe, our bench shows up like it has been, and the refs don't kill our momentum then we'll be good.
And I'm secretly hoping Kobe throws down 50.
Get the W! Posted Image

Edited by Skully Gully, January 21, 2010 - 02:23 AM.

_
tumblr_mhf8xujcct1qzligbo1_500_zps4cc2ac

#37 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts

Posted January 21, 2010 - 06:04 AM

I'm so nervous :nervous:

Message From Pac

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 21, 2010 - 06:11 AM

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Seconds after LeBron James and his Cavaliers teammates dismissed the Toronto Raptors, one excited Cleveland fan began a solitary chant.

"Beat L.A., Beat L.A.," he screamed.

Dude, chill. It's January.

But maybe not too early to dream about June.

After all, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers are coming.

In possible NBA finals preview Thursday night, Cleveland will host the Los Angeles Lakers, who have a score to settle after being embarrassed 102-87 by the Cavs on Christmas Day. It was a lump-of-coal-in-the-stocking-loss that ended with irate Lakers fans tossing foam fingers -- and a few filled water bottles -- onto the Staples Center court in anger.

With Mo Williams scoring 28 points, James adding 26 and Shaquille O'Neal acting as their enforcer, the Cavaliers bullied the defending NBA champions, whose frustration level led to them retaliating with some cheap shots and being slapped with several technical fouls.

"We didn't like that Christmas game," Lakers center Pau Gasol said. "It was very disappointing on our part. We've got to try to get that ballgame when we play them again. We need to do that. You never want a team to get the confidence they can beat you, especially when it's somebody you might see down the road in the playoffs."

The stop in Cleveland begins a demanding, eight-game road trip for the Lakers (32-9), who have the league's best record in part because of a favorable schedule. They've played just 15 road games -- compared to 25 for the Cavs -- and the imbalance has helped Los Angeles open a five-game lead over Dallas in the Western Conference.

That could change depending on how the Lakers handle a stretch of eight games in 13 days, including three sets of back-to-backs. Last season, Los Angeles went 6-0 on a similar Eastern trip that helped propel the Lakers to a title.

First, though, they want to erase the memories of an unhappy holiday that was particularly hazardous for forward Ron Artest.

"That Christmas game was tough, and then that whole day wasn't too good for me, anyway," said Artest, who suffered a concussion in a fall at home hours after the loss to Cleveland. "We feel like we're a better team now than when we played them before."

The Cavaliers believe they are better, too.

At 32-11, Cleveland has the best record in the East, and with 23 of their final 39 games at home, the Cavs have a chance to run away from Boston, Orlando and Atlanta, their closest competitors in the conference. They just returned from a West Coast trip, where they displayed some bad habits -- a tendency to rely too heavily on James -- and also some new offensive wrinkles with O'Neal on the floor.

In Tuesday night's win over Toronto, O'Neal was the difference maker on both ends as the Cavs beat the improved Raptors for the 10th straight time at home. It's taken longer than expected, but Cleveland coach Mike Brown may have finally figured out how to best utilize the super-sized center, whose offensive game isn't what it once was but whose defensive presence remains unmatched.

O'Neal hammered Raptors guards Jarrett Jack and DeMar DeRozan with hard-but-clean fouls in the third quarter that ignited Cleveland's defense, which gave up 60 points in the first half.

"He's a guy from the old school," Brown said of O'Neal, who also surpassed 28,000 career points in the win. "He's not going to give up anything easy around the basket."

That was the case when the Lakers and Cavaliers met last month. Bryant scored 35 points, but few were easy and he finished just 11 of 32 from the field. And, on more than one occasion, he ran into O'Neal, his former, formidable teammate.

"He definitely had a presence in the game," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "I do know it was a factor on Kobe. (Shaq) knocked him down about four times without a call."

Down the stretch against Toronto, the Cavaliers ran their offense through O'Neal, who couldn't be stopped by any of the Raptors. Brown ran four consecutive plays to O'Neal in the low post and he produced two assists and a dunk in a 9-2 spurt to put the game away.

"It is great to have that luxury," James said. "Shaq is an unselfish guy and it is great to have that interior presence."

Jackson doesn't want his team to get too caught up in Thursday's matchup or the Lakers' upcoming trip, which will take the club to New York on Friday and won't conclude until Feb. 1 in Memphis.

"Last year's road trip jump-started our season," he said. "I'm setting a low bar for this team, though. We don't need to put too much emphasis on the entire trip as a whole. We just need to play good, solid games and avoid injuries, starting in Cleveland. We don't assign a whole lot extra importance to that game, even though it is an interesting game.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Posted January 21, 2010 - 08:23 AM

I am pumped for this game, the Lakers need to start this LONG road trip with a bang :omg:

#40 LAwinsRINGZ

LAwinsRINGZ

Play like a Champion Today

• 1,336 posts
  • Name:Mario
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted January 21, 2010 - 08:49 AM

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."

KB-4 President.
LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic