#41 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2010 - 08:19 PM

A blind, ignorant one with no comeback argument that for sure.

Don't go there, you'll only look silly.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#42 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted January 19, 2010 - 08:44 PM

Yep GOAT is a closed case. It's Wilt Chamberlain. I made a case..If you think it's MJ, you lose, you made no case. You can't win an argument with an opinion.You sure can lose them and you're way behind with nothing to substantiate your claim, if it is indeed MJ you prefer to call the GOAT.

You stated an opinion. Which is exactly what ALL of this is. However, the MAJORITY of knowledeable sports followers know that MJ is the GOAT...even people that don't follow basketball or sports know this.

I'm only ONE person among millions who share the view that MJ is the GOAT. NO ONE talks about Wilt as being the GOAT, second-best? Maybe. But GOAT? Lol

One would have to be considerably old to have seen Wilt play...in any case, that's irrelevant. There are plenty that have witnessed both and I'd bet a mil (if I had a mil) that the majority of people identify MJ as being the GOAT.

I can't win an argument with an opinion? Sure I can...that's exactly what you're doing but you can't win this argument...it's impossible.

I'm posting from a phone, so I'm limited in "making my case". However, not much is needed when making a case for MJ. Again, almost everyone knows what's up and the only people who don't have been living under a rock.

NO ONE talks about Wilt being greater than MJ...whether that's in the media, on the basketball court, in a classroom, wherever...no one tries to be like Wilt...it's wanna be like Mike.

I could give you material for days if I so felt like wasting my time on a misguided fan.

You're asking how many shots did MJ alter in comparison to Wilt? SMH. I should just stop right here cause that's just wow. One guy is a SG...hello???

And I didn't say anything about rings but we can discuss that as well if you'd like.

WILT may have been the GOAT until one Michael Jordan came along and took over that mantle.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#43 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,730 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 19, 2010 - 09:21 PM

You stated an opinion. Which is exactly what ALL of this is. However, the MAJORITY of knowledeable sports followers know that MJ is the GOAT...even people that don't follow basketball or sports know this.

I'm only ONE person among millions who share the view that MJ is the GOAT. NO ONE talks about Wilt as being the GOAT, second-best? Maybe. But GOAT? Lol

One would have to be considerably old to have seen Wilt play...in any case, that's irrelevant. There are plenty that have witnessed both and I'd bet a mil (if I had a mil) that the majority of people identify MJ as being the GOAT.

I can't win an argument with an opinion? Sure I can...that's exactly what you're doing but you can't win this argument...it's impossible.

I'm posting from a phone, so I'm limited in "making my case". However, not much is needed when making a case for MJ. Again, almost everyone knows what's up and the only people who don't have been living under a rock.

NO ONE talks about Wilt being greater than MJ...whether that's in the media, on the basketball court, in a classroom, wherever...no one tries to be like Wilt...it's wanna be like Mike.

I could give you material for days if I so felt like wasting my time on a misguided fan.

You're asking how many shots did MJ alter in comparison to Wilt? SMH. I should just stop right here cause that's just wow. One guy is a SG...hello???

And I didn't say anything about rings but we can discuss that as well if you'd like.

WILT may have been the GOAT until one Michael Jordan came along and took over that mantle.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is clear cut example blind idiot who is brainwashed by the media hype of MJ. The fact you can't even bother to put up an argument shows you don't know what you are talking about.

#44 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted January 20, 2010 - 09:22 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, here is clear cut example blind idiot who is brainwashed by the media hype of MJ. The fact you can't even bother to put up an argument shows you don't know what you are talking about.

you don't know wtf you're talking about. The media has little to do with MJ's success. Recognization is a completely different thing.

Wasting my time with a scrub like you is not ideal. Yeh, you called me blind already...make your insults interesting and worthwile...not repetitive.

I'm not obligated to prove ish to you...you're no one; use wiki lazy mutha.

Edited by Imminent Dynasty, January 20, 2010 - 09:25 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#45 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

Lakers franchise > Celtics franchise

• 1,401 posts
  • Fan Since:1967
  • Fav. Laker:Wilt Chamberlain

Posted January 20, 2010 - 04:30 PM

Wow, you are a perfect example of the blind being led by the blind. You bought into the spin that so many people have. There was no media in Wilt's day like there was in MJ's day. The NBA itself may have gone under if Bird and Magic hadn't saved it. That set the table for Jordan and the NBA cashed in on him to keep it going. Then on to Shaq, Kobe, and LeBron. Now way in hell will the media pick Wilt as the GOAT. They want people watching what's happening NOW.

So, people have to be old to have seen Wilt play. That's true, I am in my mid 50's, my birth year is in my handle. I made it this far, you might not.

Yeah, I gave my opinion, along with a heck of a lot of facts. you brought nothing.

This made me laugh:

Let me address this. I said in the beginning it's hard ot compare players of different positions. However, since we are arguing the GOAT, this is a stat that is very much in Wilt's favor. He could do it, MJ couldn't. You seek to diminish Wilt's ability by saying it isn't a fair stat? WRONG. It's evidence to place Wilt as the GOAT and not MJ and you can't diminish it's relevancy, PERIOD. As mentioned, Wilt even led the league in assists, a stat always won by a guard.

So here, I'll give one to you since you certainly didn't mention anything MJ could do but Wilt couldn't. Shoot free throws. It had to be a mental block for Wilt, he always cleaned his teammates out of their pocket change betting during practices.

anyway, you might want to look at the redsarmy thread. I specialize in tearing apart what people post and win arguments. It's much more fun to beat up a Celtics fan than a fellow Lakers fan. So, arguing with me is pointless. I have the facts, they are given. Media opinion isn't fact.

I have my opinion, you have yours. The media is on your side, and I can't beat city hall. However, I do know the truth. I saw both play. You didn't.

Wilt never fouled out on personals.
Wilt is 4th in NBA history in triple doubles, would be higher if they recorded blocked shots
Wilt led the league in assists one season, because he wanted to.
Wilt forced the NBA to change the rules, widening the key

Wilt was a loner, he got some stacked teams in the mid 60's and could only get by Bill Russell once, in 1967. He is looked at as a loser. I have some old magazine articles really digging into him.

Wilt could still take over a game in his later years. Game 6 in Milwaukee on the road in 1972 to close out the WCF series. What a fourth quarter. I was a junior in high school and will never forget what he did to Kareem. Then there was that overtime game in the finals with the Knicks. Wilt played forever with 5 fouls and never slacked off once. Result? Lakers go up 3-1 and clinch in 5. NBA finals MVP. Oh yeah. Wilt had two broken hands in the playoffs in 1972, Not a broken finger, he had two broken hands. He never skipped a beat alhough he was listed as doubtful many games. Look for some old videos of the 1972 season, they are on you tube. Both hands were wrapped up and he could hardly grab the ball.

I could add more, but you won't change my mind, just as I won't change yours. Hopefully, you learned a bit more about Wilt from all this.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
FaceBook: http://www.facebook....nCelticsBusters

#46 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted January 20, 2010 - 08:14 PM

Wow, you are a perfect example of the blind being led by the blind. You bought into the spin that so many people have. There was no media in Wilt's day like there was in MJ's day. The NBA itself may have gone under if Bird and Magic hadn't saved it. That set the table for Jordan and the NBA cashed in on him to keep it going. Then on to Shaq, Kobe, and LeBron. Now way in hell will the media pick Wilt as the GOAT. They want people watching what's happening NOW.

So, people have to be old to have seen Wilt play. That's true, I am in my mid 50's, my birth year is in my handle. I made it this far, you might not.

Yeah, I gave my opinion, along with a heck of a lot of facts. you brought nothing.

This made me laugh:

Let me address this. I said in the beginning it's hard ot compare players of different positions. However, since we are arguing the GOAT, this is a stat that is very much in Wilt's favor. He could do it, MJ couldn't. You seek to diminish Wilt's ability by saying it isn't a fair stat? WRONG. It's evidence to place Wilt as the GOAT and not MJ and you can't diminish it's relevancy, PERIOD. As mentioned, Wilt even led the league in assists, a stat always won by a guard.

So here, I'll give one to you since you certainly didn't mention anything MJ could do but Wilt couldn't. Shoot free throws. It had to be a mental block for Wilt, he always cleaned his teammates out of their pocket change betting during practices.

anyway, you might want to look at the redsarmy thread. I specialize in tearing apart what people post and win arguments. It's much more fun to beat up a Celtics fan than a fellow Lakers fan. So, arguing with me is pointless. I have the facts, they are given. Media opinion isn't fact.

I have my opinion, you have yours. The media is on your side, and I can't beat city hall. However, I do know the truth. I saw both play. You didn't.

Wilt never fouled out on personals.
Wilt is 4th in NBA history in triple doubles, would be higher if they recorded blocked shots
Wilt led the league in assists one season, because he wanted to.
Wilt forced the NBA to change the rules, widening the key

Wilt was a loner, he got some stacked teams in the mid 60's and could only get by Bill Russell once, in 1967. He is looked at as a loser. I have some old magazine articles really digging into him.

Wilt could still take over a game in his later years. Game 6 in Milwaukee on the road in 1972 to close out the WCF series. What a fourth quarter. I was a junior in high school and will never forget what he did to Kareem. Then there was that overtime game in the finals with the Knicks. Wilt played forever with 5 fouls and never slacked off once. Result? Lakers go up 3-1 and clinch in 5. NBA finals MVP. Oh yeah. Wilt had two broken hands in the playoffs in 1972, Not a broken finger, he had two broken hands. He never skipped a beat alhough he was listed as doubtful many games. Look for some old videos of the 1972 season, they are on you tube. Both hands were wrapped up and he could hardly grab the ball.

I could add more, but you won't change my mind, just as I won't change yours. Hopefully, you learned a bit more about Wilt from all this.

First off, you're 50 years old...of course you can compare the two in a more "tanglible" way than I or anyone else here can. You're old enough to be some folks here grandad...not a slight just an observation. And where do you get off saying some ish like "...I made it this far, you might not."??? What are u saying? How is that relevant to MJ vs Wilt? Do yourself a favor...act your age please.

Save the speeches. I'm well aware of Wilt's prowess and accomplishments...the era he played in...blah blah blah, so save the old guy condescending dialogue.

Have you been listening to what I've been saying? I haven't posted a lot of material because I'm limited from my cell. You do know what a cellphone is don't you? And you're obviously familiar with the internet therefore you compare/contrast MJ and Wilt all you like.

There are things that have to be taken into consideration like how the league was then and how it was in MJ's day.

Seasons: MJ...15, Wilt...14
Ships: MJ...6, Wilt...2
Finals Appearances: MJ...6, Wilt...6
MVPs: MJ...5, Wilt...4
Finals MVPs: MJ...6, Wilt...1
All NBA 1st Team: MJ...10, Wilt...7
Scoring Titles: MJ...10, Wilt...7
Total Games: MJ...1072, Wilt...1045
Career PPG: MJ...30.1, Wilt...30.1
Career FG%: MJ...50%, Wilt...54%
Total Points: MJ...32292, Wilt...31419
Career FT%: MJ...84%, Wilt...51%

PLAYOFFS

MJ: 33 PPG, 179 total games, 49% FG, 83% FT, 5987 total points

Wilt: 23 PPG, 160 total games, 52% FG, 47% FT, 3607 total points

ROOKIE SEASONS

MJ: 2313 points, 481 assists, 534 rebounds, 52% FG, 3144 minutes

Wilt: 2707 points, 168 assists, 1941 rebounds, 46% FG, 3338 minutes

Bottom line is that they were both players that were without equals. We're dealing with a subjective topic here...this isn't a 2+2 is 4 topic. MJ is the GOAT because the MAJORITY recognize him as such. My uncle saw both guys play and he acknowledges that MJ is the GOAT.
Wilt will usually come in at the two spot but never at a majority of the one spot.
MJ THEN Wilt...who you put after them is up to you:

KAJ, Magic, Bird, The Big O, Kobe

Good night.

Edited by Imminent Dynasty, January 20, 2010 - 08:25 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#47 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,401 posts

Posted January 20, 2010 - 10:26 PM

First off, you're 50 years old...of course you can compare the two in a more "tanglible" way than I or anyone else here can. You're old enough to be some folks here grandad...not a slight just an observation. And where do you get off saying some ish like "...I made it this far, you might not."??? What are u saying? How is that relevant to MJ vs Wilt? Do yourself a favor...act your age please.

Save the speeches. I'm well aware of Wilt's prowess and accomplishments...the era he played in...blah blah blah, so save the old guy condescending dialogue.

Have you been listening to what I've been saying? I haven't posted a lot of material because I'm limited from my cell. You do know what a cellphone is don't you? And you're obviously familiar with the internet therefore you compare/contrast MJ and Wilt all you like.

There are things that have to be taken into consideration like how the league was then and how it was in MJ's day.

Seasons: MJ...15, Wilt...14
Ships: MJ...6, Wilt...2
Finals Appearances: MJ...6, Wilt...6
MVPs: MJ...5, Wilt...4
Finals MVPs: MJ...6, Wilt...1
All NBA 1st Team: MJ...10, Wilt...7
Scoring Titles: MJ...10, Wilt...7
Total Games: MJ...1072, Wilt...1045
Career PPG: MJ...30.1, Wilt...30.1
Career FG%: MJ...50%, Wilt...54%
Total Points: MJ...32292, Wilt...31419
Career FT%: MJ...84%, Wilt...51%

PLAYOFFS

MJ: 33 PPG, 179 total games, 49% FG, 83% FT, 5987 total points

Wilt: 23 PPG, 160 total games, 52% FG, 47% FT, 3607 total points

ROOKIE SEASONS

MJ: 2313 points, 481 assists, 534 rebounds, 52% FG, 3144 minutes

Wilt: 2707 points, 168 assists, 1941 rebounds, 46% FG, 3338 minutes

Bottom line is that they were both players that were without equals. We're dealing with a subjective topic here...this isn't a 2+2 is 4 topic. MJ is the GOAT because the MAJORITY recognize him as such. My uncle saw both guys play and he acknowledges that MJ is the GOAT.
Wilt will usually come in at the two spot but never at a majority of the one spot.
MJ THEN Wilt...who you put after them is up to you:

KAJ, Magic, Bird, The Big O, Kobe

Good night.

Wow, you are simply amazing.....

For a guy who complains he is posting on a cell phone and can't say much, you said a lot. So, don't give me that spin. I also read everything you say, That's why I pick your posts apart bit by bit and expose them for their flawed logic.

Now, look at how you are talking to me, You are insulting me and others in this thread. In short, you are just plain rude. so, yeah, I'll tell you that you may not live to be my aga because you show no respect. Whem I was your age, if we dared talk down to an elder, we got cuffed across the face. Now, you kids scream "CHILD ABUSE! I'M CALLING THE COPS! Go back and look what you said to me.

"You do know what a cellphone is don't you"

You didn't even challenge me for why I told you most people will pick MJ.Instead, you fall right back in line following the leader. All you can say is most people pick MJ, therefore it is true. A lot of people followed Hitler too. they did it because everyone did it. Same principal here, but we aren't talking about following a lunatic. You ignore what I say and don't even argue it! This is exactly how I whipped zelsound and everythng he said.

What I gave you was some incredible facts about Wilt. What he was able to accomplish in his career are things that no one can touch,.All you give back is what the media says, and what your uncle says. Big deal.

There is no way anyone can prove who was better. That's why it's an argument. It's also one you don't even fight. You just fall in line.

Guess what, 20-30 years from now people will say LeBron is the best player ever. Why? Because they saw him play and never saw MJ play. It's going to be a never ending cycle, and we need to be told who is best so we can do what they want us to do. Support the NBA.

Now, as I said I don't wish to argue with you because you are a Lakers fan. I am just going to ignore you, otherwise this thread is going to start being offensive. I don't wish to tick off any of the mods here.

As far as the stats you posted, I'll trust them to be correct. However, what I posted, the majority isn't stats. It's intangibles that Wilt brought to his game.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

#48 ScorpyDoo

ScorpyDoo

Rookie

• 154 posts
  • Name:Lester Delis
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:K O B E

Posted January 20, 2010 - 11:19 PM

Wilt - the most athletic for me NOT EVEN A CONTEST :rock:
Posted Image

#49 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted January 21, 2010 - 06:42 AM

Wow, you are simply amazing.....

For a guy who complains he is posting on a cell phone and can't say much, you said a lot. So, don't give me that spin. I also read everything you say, That's why I pick your posts apart bit by bit and expose them for their flawed logic.

Now, look at how you are talking to me, You are insulting me and others in this thread. In short, you are just plain rude. so, yeah, I'll tell you that you may not live to be my aga because you show no respect. Whem I was your age, if we dared talk down to an elder, we got cuffed across the face. Now, you kids scream "CHILD ABUSE! I'M CALLING THE COPS! Go back and look what you said to me.

You didn't even challenge me for why I told you most people will pick MJ.Instead, you fall right back in line following the leader. All you can say is most people pick MJ, therefore it is true. A lot of people followed Hitler too. they did it because everyone did it. Same principal here, but we aren't talking about following a lunatic. You ignore what I say and don't even argue it! This is exactly how I whipped zelsound and everythng he said.

What I gave you was some incredible facts about Wilt. What he was able to accomplish in his career are things that no one can touch,.All you give back is what the media says, and what your uncle says. Big deal.

There is no way anyone can prove who was better. That's why it's an argument. It's also one you don't even fight. You just fall in line.

Guess what, 20-30 years from now people will say LeBron is the best player ever. Why? Because they saw him play and never saw MJ play. It's going to be a never ending cycle, and we need to be told who is best so we can do what they want us to do. Support the NBA.

Now, as I said I don't wish to argue with you because you are a Lakers fan. I am just going to ignore you, otherwise this thread is going to start being offensive. I don't wish to tick off any of the mods here.

As far as the stats you posted, I'll trust them to be correct. However, what I posted, the majority isn't stats. It's intangibles that Wilt brought to his game.

Let me help you out because clearly you're lost. First off the phone thing: I like to be thorough and I can't do that from a cell...trust me, if I was behind a PC I could you the long-winded stat sheets and speeches you seem to cherish; if my day allows it, I may do just that.

Secondly, get ya head out ya azz and get over yourself...you've exposed nothing.

There's no such thing as flawed logic when arguing opinions in this manner: you say Wilt, I say MJ. This isn't a debate on stem cell research.

And please, don't be a hypocrite about the insults. It's simple: don't insult me and I won't insult you.

Also don't give me the respect angle either...you have to give respect to get it and please don't assume my age...I know yours but you don't know mine. All this talk about "you kids" and "elders" is unnecessary because I don't know you and you don't know me. I could expose your logic on that front but's a whole other subject.

I said what I said about the cellphone because I kept mentioning that I'm limited in posting all the info from my phone...but apparently you didn't quite get that.

What is all this talk about "you kids" and "child abuse"??? Wayyyyyyyyyy off topic.

And guy...Hitler???????? Come on now...HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DISCUSSION...completely left field.

And then, I finally give you a few numbers and you disregard them? Lol. Isn't that what you've been asking for all this time? I could give you all the info in the world if I so chose to

I could debate with you no prob but keep the insults and condescending dialogue out of it.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#50 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,401 posts

Posted January 21, 2010 - 07:08 AM

Let me help you out because clearly you're lost. First off the phone thing: I like to be thorough and I can't do that from a cell...trust me, if I was behind a PC I could you the long-winded stat sheets and speeches you seem to cherish; if my day allows it, I may do just that.

Secondly, get ya head out ya azz and get over yourself...you've exposed nothing.

There's no such thing as flawed logic when arguing opinions in this manner: you say Wilt, I say MJ. This isn't a debate on stem cell research.

And please, don't be a hypocrite about the insults. It's simple: don't insult me and I won't insult you.

Also don't give me the respect angle either...you have to give respect to get it and please don't assume my age...I know yours but you don't know mine. All this talk about "you kids" and "elders" is unnecessary because I don't know you and you don't know me. I could expose your logic on that front but's a whole other subject.

I said what I said about the cellphone because I kept mentioning that I'm limited in posting all the info from my phone...but apparently you didn't quite get that.

What is all this talk about "you kids" and "child abuse"??? Wayyyyyyyyyy off topic.

And guy...Hitler???????? Come on now...HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DISCUSSION...completely left field.

And then, I finally give you a few numbers and you disregard them? Lol. Isn't that what you've been asking for all this time? I could give you all the info in the world if I so chose to

I could debate with you no prob but keep the insults and condescending dialogue out of it.

Like I said, for someone who is posting from a cellphone, you sure have a lot of text in your cellphone posts. So, you are called out for exaggerating your claim you can't post much.

Go back and read what you said to us, you insulted us first. What was that you accused me of drinking. Purple and Gold juice?

Read the comments others made about you. Wake up and stop being rude to others, and then they won't be rude to you.

I could tear your latest post to shreds but I won't. I am not here to argue with Lakers fans.

Calm down, and take a look at yourself, and what you post here. People find you offensive. They respond in kind. I don't know what else to say to you except I'm done with you. you aren't worth my time, and this is coming from a guy who loves to argue on the internet. There is far more challenging prey out there for me.

#51 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted January 21, 2010 - 10:10 AM

Like I said, for someone who is posting from a cellphone, you sure have a lot of text in your cellphone posts. So, you are called out for exaggerating your claim you can't post much.

Go back and read what you said to us, you insulted us first. What was that you accused me of drinking. Purple and Gold juice?

Read the comments others made about you. Wake up and stop being rude to others, and then they won't be rude to you.

I could tear your latest post to shreds but I won't. I am not here to argue with Lakers fans.

Calm down, and take a look at yourself, and what you post here. People find you offensive. They respond in kind. I don't know what else to say to you except I'm done with you. you aren't worth my time, and this is coming from a guy who loves to argue on the internet. There is far more challenging prey out there for me.

You're incriminating yourself. You claim one thing but then contradict yourself in your last paragraph: this is coming from a guy who loves to argue on the internet

:nervous:

You like to ARGUE on the internet. Then you say: There is far more challenging prey out there for me

:unsure:

You seek out strife and arguments...I don't. You're 50 years old...you're too old for this so practice what you preach.

I said I'm limited for my cell...not incapable. However, I am on a PC now though.

Then you're under the delusion that you're tearing people apart??? :laughing: Okayyyyyy.

Tell me...when I finally was able to post some stats...why didn't you respond in kind? :hmm:

Now, how about some figures?

- Michael Jordan ultimately revolutionized the position of superstar in the NBA. He averaged 28.2 points per game as a rookie and was voted in as an All-Star starter by the fans.

- Jordan was the first NBA player to record more than 200 steals and 100 blocks in a single season.

- In 1988, Jordan earned his first regular-season MVP award. He averaged 35.0 points per game on 53.5% field goal shooting. He earned his lone Defensive Player of the Year award, while becoming the first of two players to win the MVP award and the Defensive Player of the Year award in the same season.

- Jordan won a record tying seven in a row scoring titles

- Jordan led the league in steals three separate times

- Jordan's teams have never lost in the NBA Finals

- Jordan averaged a postseason series record 43.7 points per game against the Celtics in '85.

- Larry Bird described MJ as "God disguised as Michael Jordan."

- NBA playoff record of 63 points

The biggest difference between Jordan and Chamberlain is their performance in postseason play, where “The Big Dipper” frequently struggled, especially in seventh game situations. His postseason performances have not matched or even come close to those of his nemesis, Michael Jordan. Wilt showed no flair in the postseason and lacked big-play ability. He would never earn a reputation as a clutch player. He was feared in the postseason, simply because of who he was, but he was not considered to be the same unstoppable force that he was during the regular season.

Michael, however, did get the job done. In the regular season and in the postseason, especially in the NBA Finals. Year after year after year. And that is why....Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player who has ever lived—even better than Wilt Chamberlain.

MJ's six NBA championships came in consecutive full seasons, and the Bulls likely would have made it eight titles in a row had MJ not retired from the game for a year and a half. His teams won 25 out of a possible 26 postseason series. Jordan was named as the Most Valuable Player in the biggest stage of his career an unprecedented six times.

There is not an athlete in history who has been more clutch than the famed Chicago Bull guard. MJ upped his regular season scoring average by over ten percent in the postseason—the equivalent of Ty Cobb batting .414 in the postseason.

Michael Jordan's dominance lasted a lifetime. No man has been more trusted to take the final shot with the game on the line. No athlete has been more feared in the closing minutes of a game than MJ. And no basketball player—no athlete, for that matter, has succeeded more times when the chips were down than the legendary Michael Jordan.

His regular season accomplishments have been surpassed by only one man, the great Wilt Chamberlain. However, his postseason accomplishments and accolades will never be surpassed nor have they even been equaled, not by anybody in the history of the sport, including the legendary Wilt Chamberlain.

Tell me, with the game on the line...and someone has to go to the FT line...do you really want someone who has the second lowest career free throw percentage in NBA history? Wilt currently holds the record for most free-throws missed in a single season at 578 in the 1967–68 season, as well as the second most at 528 in the 1961–62 season.

Slam magazine ranks Wilt as 2nd behind MJ in their Top 75 NBA Players of all time. In 2007, ESPN ranked Wilt as the 2nd best center of all time behind KAJ.

At the turn of the 21st century, ESPN, the preeminent all-sports network, conducted an expansive survey of media members, athletes and others associated with the sports world to rank the 20th century's greatest athletes. Jordan topped the list above Babe Ruth and Muhammad Ali -- substantiating his link to those earlier cultural icons.

Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2009
2 Olympic Gold Medals
6-time NBA Champion
6-time NBA Finals MVP
5-time NBA MVP
10 NBA Scoring Titles
3-time steals leader
14 NBA All-Star Selections
3-time NBA All-Star Game MVP
11 All-NBA Selections
9 All-Defensive First Team Selections
2-time NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion
NBA Rookie of the Year
NBA Defensive Player of the Year
ACC Freshman of the Year
2-time Consensus NCAA All-American First Team
ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year
Ranked #1 by SLAM Magazine's Top 50 Players of All-Time
Ranked #1 by ESPN Sportscentury's Top 100 Athletes of the 20th century

So yeh, don't take my word for it.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#52 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,401 posts

Posted January 21, 2010 - 03:09 PM

Cut-Snip-Shred

tl:dr

That's internet slang for too long, didn't read. And I won't. What part of I'm done arguing with you do you not understand?

Go away, you bother us.

Edited by Lakers_55, January 21, 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#53 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted January 22, 2010 - 06:25 AM

tl:dr

That's internet slang for too long, didn't read. And I won't. What part of I'm done arguing with you do you not understand?

Go away, you bother us.

Lol! I expected this response from you. "Too long"??? You should practice what you preach.

Your last sentence is the icing on the cake. Lol

You make this too easy. Later.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#54 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,401 posts

Posted January 22, 2010 - 07:27 AM

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Imminent Dynasty .

Welcome to my ignore list. Goodbye.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users