Update: The Bar Exam 2 (The Album)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:24 AM

The nickel-nine spitter, Royce Da 5′9″ is back with The Album, the brand new studio album from M.I.C. Records and Traffic Entertainment. Royce is most known for the 2000 single “Boom,” a DJ Premier-produced street banger or for his appearance on the Willa Ford hit, “I Wanna Be Bad”; however, he earned his rhyming stripes through his affiliations with Eminem and Dr. Dre. A fellow Detroit native, Royce was first introduced to Eminem while Slim Shady was selling his EP at a rap show and the two soon formed the rap duo Bad Meets Evil (Royce played the role of the Bad side). Teaming up on the 1999 The Slim Shady LP, they produced and then traded rhymes on the song “Bad Meets Evil” and went on to record the equally hyphy “Scary Movies,” “Rock City,” and others. Through his relationship with the 8 Mile resident , Royce has either beefed with, made appearances alongside, or ghost written for some of the biggest names in Hip Hop including Mobb Deep, Puff Daddy, Raekwon, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Joe Budden, and more. The Album follows up on 2007’s The Bar Exam with 13 tracks and guest verses from Talib Kweli and Raekwon and production by 9th Wonder, Notz, Green Lantern, and more. Hard beats are combined with even harder rhymes as only Royce can deliver with cadence tighter than snare drum. With tracks like “Heat to the Streets,” “Gun Music,” “Bad Guy,” and “Been Shot Down,” The Album is not suggested for the weak at heart or stock car sound systems and is more appropriately enjoyed with a pair of 12″ subwoofers and the windows rolled down. Royce Da 5′9″ continues his flawless rhyme delivery and Detroit City swagger and proves why bad raps better than evil and why you will continue to “ch-ch-check his fresh.”

Track Listings
1. Promise Land
2. Heat To The Streets feat. Kid Vishis
3. Give Up Your Guns feat. Talib Kweli And Raekwon
4. J Ro Vs Mike B (Skit)
5. We Deep Feat Trick Trick
6. Rewind
7. Gun Music
8. Bad Guy
9. Let’s Talk Feat Black Milk
10. We Everywhere Feat Kid Vishis
11. Been Shot Down
12. Angel
13. On The Low

Posted Image

HiphopDX will be releasing the bar exam II at 12am Tuesday morning, 9pm Monday night for the people on the west coast. We will also be posting a link to the mixtape here on nickelnine.com. It’s finally done people!!!! Below is the tracklisting for the mixtape from our friend Shake over at 2dopeboyz. We would like to thank dude for the majority of the updates on this release. Thanks Shake!

01 Crazed Madman Intro
02 Heat to the Streets f. Kid Vishis (prod. Green Lantern)
03 It’s the New
04 I’m Me Freestyle
05 I’m Nice
06 Gun Music (prod. Green Lantern)
07 Weatherman f. Sucka Free & Kid Vishis
08 I’m the [expletive] Fool!!! (Interlude)
09 We Deep f. Trick Trick (prod. Denaun Porter)
10 Let the Beat Build Freestyle f. Stretch Money
11 Royal Flush Freestyle f. Canibus & Elzhi
12 Jockin My Fresh (prod. Green Lantern)
13 Gettin Money Freestyle
14 Gangsta Remix f. Akon (prod. Green Lantern)
15 Happy Bar Exam 2 f. Marv Won
16 Ignorant [expletive] Freestyle
17 Flow Boy f. Tondalaya
18 Been Shot Down (prod. Green Lantern)
19 J-Ro vs. Mike B (Skit)
20 Kill Em Pt. 2 f. Kid Vishis
21 Wall Street f. June The Great
22 Royce outro

#2 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 15, 2008 - 08:14 PM

Mixtape is out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdlmhvmnjii

Link

#3 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 16, 2008 - 03:58 AM

I'm downloading and listening once I get to work. I can't wait.

One of my favorite rappers ever. This is going to be FIRE.

#4 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 16, 2008 - 10:47 AM

He killed Game and Lil' Wayne on their own beat. :hysterical2:

#5 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Rookie

• 1,215 posts

Posted September 16, 2008 - 04:49 PM

ROyce disses buddens again! But Joe budden's say enough is enough

Edited by KRC18, September 16, 2008 - 04:50 PM.

#6 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted September 16, 2008 - 06:17 PM

Royce killed everyone on this mixtape.

I actually don't think him and Budden are beefing. In one song he says the beef is over and complains about people trying to start s--- that isn't there, then a few songs later he has that line dissing Budden.

However, at the end of the CD he says that the majority of what he says is just playing around and that you shouldn't take it seriously. So he probably just said it because it sounded good.

I love what little I've heard of Budden (plus he's from my home state), but Royce is so far above him it isn't funny.

#7 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Rookie

• 1,215 posts

Posted September 17, 2008 - 04:57 PM

Looks like Royce got scared.

http://thisisscolla....ent/view/232/1/

#8 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted September 17, 2008 - 04:59 PM

:hysterical:

#9 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 17, 2008 - 05:09 PM

Royce got sacred? :lol:

Royce already said they didn't have beef with Joe and not to take anything serious on Bar Exam 2. Joe even said he didn't have a problem with Royce.

Royce isn't scared of any rapper on this planet... Why didn't Joe show up when he was scheduled to battle Royce? :hysterical:

Joe don't want it with Royce.

#10 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted September 17, 2008 - 05:14 PM

Nissan quit sticking up for your boy, admit he pussied out

Edited by ickerfan567, September 17, 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#11 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted September 18, 2008 - 04:44 AM

Royce got sacred? :lol:

Royce already said they didn't have beef with Joe and not to take anything serious on Bar Exam 2. Joe even said he didn't have a problem with Royce.

Royce isn't scared of any rapper on this planet... Why didn't Joe show up when he was scheduled to battle Royce? :rock:

Joe don't want it with Royce.

Knows what he's talking about.

#12 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Rookie

• 1,215 posts

Posted September 20, 2008 - 12:04 AM

"I am not D12...say my name again and I will tear your [expletive] up"
<_<

Royce don't want any of Budden.

:mellow:

#13 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 20, 2008 - 12:35 AM

Why are you posting this in my thread? What does Budden have to do with Bar Exam 2? :mellow:

:lol: @ Royce don't want it with Budden.

If he didn't want it with Budden... why is still throwing shots at Budden? <_<

#14 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Rookie

• 1,215 posts

Posted September 20, 2008 - 12:44 AM

Why are you posting this in my thread? What does Budden have to do with Bar Exam 2? <_<

Do I honestly have to explain this to you? Honestly man?

Budden is replying to the disses that were directed towards him from the BAR EXAM 2 mixtape.

Understand now? :mellow:

#15 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted September 20, 2008 - 12:55 AM

Whoo I wanna see this happen.
They both seem hesitant,
prob comes from the respect they have

I say buddens takes it
Royce makes some good fuc king music, but its already been proven he cant battle, the one garbage southern cat ate him up. Joe Budden on the other hand feeds off the battles, I think on wax or face to face Budden would eat him.

Death is Certain still owns anything Joey has ever done though.

#16 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Rookie

• 1,215 posts

Posted September 20, 2008 - 12:58 AM

I think on wax or face to face Budden would eat him.

Without a doubt.

#17 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted September 20, 2008 - 08:44 AM

THERE IS NO BEEF

Jesus. Royce even said he respects Budden a lot and he'd love to work with him on songs. THAT'S what should happen, not some pointless battle.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

#18 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Rookie

• 1,215 posts

Posted September 20, 2008 - 10:46 AM

THERE IS NO BEEF

Jesus. Royce even said he respects Budden a lot and he'd love to work with him on songs. THAT'S what should happen, not some pointless battle.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Idk if you have a difficult time reading/comprehending or not, but where did you see anyone say that there is a beef?

:rock:

#19 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 11, 2008 - 08:15 PM

The nickel-nine spitter, Royce Da 5′9″ is back with The Album, the brand new studio album from M.I.C. Records and Traffic Entertainment. Royce is most known for the 2000 single “Boom,” a DJ Premier-produced street banger or for his appearance on the Willa Ford hit, “I Wanna Be Bad”; however, he earned his rhyming stripes through his affiliations with Eminem and Dr. Dre. A fellow Detroit native, Royce was first introduced to Eminem while Slim Shady was selling his EP at a rap show and the two soon formed the rap duo Bad Meets Evil (Royce played the role of the Bad side). Teaming up on the 1999 The Slim Shady LP, they produced and then traded rhymes on the song “Bad Meets Evil” and went on to record the equally hyphy “Scary Movies,” “Rock City,” and others. Through his relationship with the 8 Mile resident , Royce has either beefed with, made appearances alongside, or ghost written for some of the biggest names in Hip Hop including Mobb Deep, Puff Daddy, Raekwon, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Joe Budden, and more. The Album follows up on 2007’s The Bar Exam with 13 tracks and guest verses from Talib Kweli and Raekwon and production by 9th Wonder, Notz, Green Lantern, and more. Hard beats are combined with even harder rhymes as only Royce can deliver with cadence tighter than snare drum. With tracks like “Heat to the Streets,” “Gun Music,” “Bad Guy,” and “Been Shot Down,” The Album is not suggested for the weak at heart or stock car sound systems and is more appropriately enjoyed with a pair of 12″ subwoofers and the windows rolled down. Royce Da 5′9″ continues his flawless rhyme delivery and Detroit City swagger and proves why bad raps better than evil and why you will continue to “ch-ch-check his fresh.”

Track Listings
1. Promise Land
2. Heat To The Streets feat. Kid Vishis
3. Give Up Your Guns feat. Talib Kweli And Raekwon
4. J Ro Vs Mike B (Skit)
5. We Deep Feat Trick Trick
6. Rewind
7. Gun Music
8. Bad Guy
9. Let’s Talk Feat Black Milk
10. We Everywhere Feat Kid Vishis
11. Been Shot Down
12. Angel
13. On The Low

:rock:

#20 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted October 12, 2008 - 01:32 PM

^ woah, what is this? A lot of those look like Bar Exam II tracks. I thought Street Hop and Revival were the two albums he had coming out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users