• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2010 - 12:24 PM

Carroll did not return messages, but a league source said Carroll is interested in the job and is trying to persuade USC offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates to join him in Seattle -- as opposed to Bates pursuing the same position with the Chicago Bears.

Said another source close to Carroll: "You're about to see a big headline that shakes up the major college football world," in reference to the Seahawks' development. The Seahawks did not confirm Carroll as a leading candidate but also did not deny it.

Many Trojan fans like myself feel this is legit. They may be offering PC full authority over football decisions. We'll see.

Update

Lane Kiffin will be named the new head coach of the University of Southern California

Edited by Westcoast21, January 12, 2010 - 05:36 PM.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2010 - 12:40 PM

Interesting

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 08, 2010 - 02:16 PM

Gonna be sad if he goes... If he does USC could be in for another tough year.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#4 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 08, 2010 - 02:26 PM

The only good news out of this is Bates may follow him.

#5 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,084 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 02:43 PM

Wasnt there word before like 1-2 yrs ago right when Reggie Bush and them were about to leave USC that Caroll was gonna most likely coach within the NFL anyway? Either way, not surprised. All in all, whatever happens, all the best to him. Would be pretty interesting to see him coach an NFL team though. As for USC, ahhh it won't be the same. :(

#6 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted January 08, 2010 - 02:56 PM

He was offered a job last season to, but he decided to stay in USC instead and I dont think it will change this time around as well.

Posted Image

#7 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 08, 2010 - 04:02 PM

He was offered a job last season to, but he decided to stay in USC instead and I dont think it will change this time around as well.

This time around it's a lot different.

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 06:37 PM

Gonna be sad if he goes... If he does USC could be in for another tough year.

People must remember that this USC team is built for a NC run in 2011. So whoever steps in would be taking over some good players. If PC leaves, expect a hire in 2-3 days to get started on finishing the recruiting.

Its been a good run, but SC is a program that has a tradition and PC was just a chapter in it. Remember he wasn't even the schools first choice when he was hired.

Fight on!!!

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,320 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 06:59 PM

they need to get a young, eccentric football coach to help with recruiting.

can't be losing recruits because of this. i like this Mike Riley possibility, would love Jim Harbaugh because looks what he did at Standford.

don't want a spread offense at USC because recruits like USC because its a pro-factory with its prostyle offense and defense
Posted Image

#10 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 08, 2010 - 07:00 PM

Nice, I don't mind him coaching us. We need a big change.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 07:04 PM

We will get a big name coach. Some names I am hearing are Jeff Fisher, Jack Del Rio, Riley, and Harbaugh.

The coach I want is Petersen from Boise. SC will be just fine. We wont become a UCLA, thats for sure.

#12 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,320 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 07:04 PM

Nice, I don't mind him coaching us. We need a big change.

to be honest i smell nick saban 2

he'll be there, have full control, be unsuccessful, be the most sought after coach for college football, rebuild whatever program he goes to, and win another national championship
Posted Image

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2010 - 07:29 PM

to be honest i smell nick saban 2

he'll be there, have full control, be unsuccessful, be the most sought after coach for college football, rebuild whatever program he goes to, and win another national championship

I think Nick is going to stay put this time. He has something special there now.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 07:34 PM

I think Nick is going to stay put this time. He has something special there now.

You misinterpreted his post

#15 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 08:13 PM

We will get a big name coach. Some names I am hearing are Jeff Fisher, Jack Del Rio, Riley, and Harbaugh.

The coach I want is Petersen from Boise. SC will be just fine. We wont become a UCLA, thats for sure.

Peterson would be perfect. I have followed Boise close for awhile and Peterson is a dang good coach. To bad he just signed a contract extension.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 08:18 PM

Peterson would be perfect. I have followed Boise close for awhile and Peterson is a dang good coach. To bad he just signed a contract extension.

Yeah I know he just signed the extension, BUT college contracts are not that hard to get around. If USC wants him, they can make it happen easily. Peterson could potentially see this as his calling and would know that if he went undefeated at USC during the season, he would be in the National Title game unlike at Boise.

Mike Riley seems to be the guy that is being said the most right now. USC has apparently contacted him already.

#17 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 08, 2010 - 08:25 PM

As Lee Corso would say, "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!!"

If Pete Carroll takes the Seattle Seahawks head coaching job, he will not have the final say on all football matters that he is seeking, according to one person who has spoken with team CEO Tod Leiweke.

John Wooten, chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which promotes diversity and equality in coaching, said Friday night that Leiweke informed him that Seahawks owner Paul Allen is against entrusting total control to one person.

"Tod told me that he has informed Pete Carroll's people that Paul Allen has been through that once with Mike Holmgren and is not going to go through that again," Wooten said.

This could potentially break up the deal.

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 09, 2010 - 09:36 AM

They have agreed in principle on a deal. Worth about 7 mill a year.

Oh well, now time to look at some possibilities.

Mike Riley
Herm Edwards (has expressed strong interest, reported on ESPN this morning)
Jack Del Rio
Jeff Fisher

The one thing that is most important is recruiting. You can be the best coach in the world, but if you dont have talent, you wont be elite. Mike Riley is a good coach, but he doesn't bring in good recruiting classes.

The three NFL coaches have that extra bonus in being that they have NFL experience which appeals to many players. If USC can bring in one of those guys right away, they can salvage the recruiting class and possibly get some new recruits as well.

Hopefully its resolved quickly. I'm honestly just pissed at PC at this point. He left the program at the worst time and he knew this one of the most important stages in running a program, the recruiting period. He's doing whats best for himself, but he turned his back on the program, the kids, and the fans. Hope he has a good time in the No Fun League.

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,320 posts

Posted January 09, 2010 - 02:04 PM

Jeff fisher would be a great recruiter based on his NFL pedigree as being one of the better coaches in the NFL

jack del rio would be a great recruiter becayse he is young and energetic

herm edwards would be a good recruiter because he is a very famous, well known coach

mike riley is actually a good recruiter IMO. think about it he does coach for oregon state which is second in his state and not recognized nationally. but you do worry if hes one of those do a lot with a little but a little with a lot

i like peterson but his offense is kind of a gimick which would lose the USC pro-factory image
Posted Image

#20 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted January 09, 2010 - 04:30 PM

Yeah I know he just signed the extension, BUT college contracts are not that hard to get around. If USC wants him, they can make it happen easily. Peterson could potentially see this as his calling and would know that if he went undefeated at USC during the season, he would be in the National Title game unlike at Boise.

Mike Riley seems to be the guy that is being said the most right now. USC has apparently contacted him already.

He loves it in Boise. He's more of a small town guy and I don't think he'd ever go to a place like LA where just LA county is over triple what all of Idaho's population. :laughing:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users