Los Angeles Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
366 replies to this topic

#361 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted December 28, 2009 - 09:19 PM

Look I tear up games and get pissed of just like you guys do, but it's really getting old doing this after every loss. What's wrong with putting it in perspective in a more positive way? A lot more people on here, including you, should do the same.

:rock: :bow:

God damn...let's just hope the Celtics get upset against the Warriors.

If not, you better believe I'll be rooting for the Suns to beat them on Wednesday :P

#362 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted December 28, 2009 - 09:52 PM

Im just worried about constantly losing to the top teams when last year we beat the good teams and lost to the bad teams Id rather us go back to that mind state cuz were not gonna see those bad teams deep in the playoffs.

Let this team get a couple more games against the better teams on the road and we'll see an improvement to what your seeing now (although we are fine). We have had way too easy of a schedule so far and that has hurt us. We seem too accustomed playing against the lower portion of the league record wise at home.

#363 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted December 28, 2009 - 09:55 PM

Luke isn't going to solve anything. Hell, last year, we didn't even start playing defense until like the Conference Finals.

Luke will help. He sets up the offense and makes the team play as a team. Too many Laker fans underestimate his value.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#364 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:magic and worthy!

Posted December 28, 2009 - 10:13 PM

God damn...let's just hope the Celtics get upset against the Warriors.

you got your wish! LOL

#365 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2009 - 06:14 AM

Luke will help. He sets up the offense and makes the team play as a team. Too many Laker fans underestimate his value.

Offense isn't our problem. It's defense and the bench. It's easy to say something generic like "sets up the offense" and "makes the team play as a team" in defense of Luke, but there's nothing tangible...nothing concrete to support him. KB can run the triangle, Fish can too. Running the offense means nothing if you're not putting the ball in the basket. I don't want to talk about him anymore.

Game notes from ESPN...(Note what Phil said)

Kobe Bryant used harsh language to describe how badly the Lakers beat the Phoenix Suns twice in Los Angeles earlier this season.

"And they returned the favor," he said.

Boy did they.

The Suns reserves outscored their counterparts 52-31 to help Phoenix rout the reigning NBA champions 118-103 on Monday night.

Amare Stoudemire scored 26 points and Jared Dudley matched his career best with 19 for the Suns.

Bryant had 34 points but sat out the final 7:50 when the game was deemed out of reach by coach Phil Jackson.

"I wasn't comfortable with my starters or my bench," Jackson said. "I didn't like either group. Guys didn't play right. We had the inside game going for us, yet we just didn't attack."

Steve Nash had 16 points and 13 assists for the Suns, who led by as many as 12 in the second quarter, 19 in the third and 22 in the fourth to improve to 12-2 at home.

"I thought we played with so much energy and did a great job defensively," said Phoenix coach Alvin Gentry, who had severely criticized his team for its play in a 132-127 loss Saturday night at Golden State.

The Lakers were without Ron Artest for the second consecutive game. He sustained a concussion and injured his left elbow in a fall at his house on Christmas Day.

"It's a big adjustment because we're a team that thrives on chemistry," Bryant said. "You take him out of the lineup, now you're mixing lineups."

The margin matched Cleveland's 15-point victory over the Lakers in Los Angeles on Friday. Only a late spurt kept it from being the Lakers' most one-sided loss of the season.

Los Angeles hadn't given up this many points in a regular-season game since the Suns did it in Phoenix last March 1.

"They played much better than we did, in a nutshell," Bryant said. "That's all it was. They executed very well in transition, we didn't get back and it gave them a lot of easy opportunities, and that broke the game open."

Los Angeles' lone win in the last three was a 112-103, double-overtime victory at Sacramento on Saturday night.

Channing Frye had 14 points and a season-high 11 rebounds for the Suns, who fought the much bigger Lakers to a 43-43 standoff on the boards.

The Suns had lost three of four.

"Big win for us definitely," Stoudemire said. "Coming off a couple of tough losses, tonight was a big momentum change and a good confidence builder for us."

The Lakers, playing the third of four games in five days, trailed virtually all night. Leading 56-50 at the half, Phoenix used a 17-4 outburst to go up 87-68 on the first of Dudley's three 3-pointers without a miss. Nash and Jason Richardson also had 3's in the run.

Bryant scored nine straight Lakers points, but his driving layup at the third-quarter buzzer was blocked by Robin Lopez, and the Suns led 89-77 entering the fourth.

Dudley and Goran Dragic sank consecutive 3's and Phoenix led 108-89 with 6:51 left. By then, Bryant had sat down for good.

Game notes
Jackson said he is hopeful Artest will rejoin the team against Golden State Tuesday in Los Angeles. ... The Suns lost to the Lakers in Los Angeles by 19 and 21 points. Phoenix was in the second of back-to-back games in both contests. ... Phoenix has a victory over the teams with the three best records in the league -- the Lakers, Boston and Orlando. ... The Suns are home against Boston on Wednesday night.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#366 KB_24

KB_24

Sixth Man

• 3,372 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:number 24

Posted December 29, 2009 - 08:24 AM

one of the worst game of the season yesterday... I mean no hustle, poor defense... I hate watching LA playing like this :angry:
My blood runs purple and gold...

Posted Image

#367 azlaker

azlaker

Rookie

• 378 posts
  • Name:Jose
  • Fan Since:Life
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, gasol, artest!

Posted December 29, 2009 - 12:45 PM

I live in phx, they hate lakers fans out here.
best believe I got ears full

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users