7 replies to this topic

#1 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 21, 2009 - 04:30 AM

I like the format of the way the Gametime Discussion Thread was posted, with a mix of Eternal's way.

Nissan's Titles:
3/12 Los Angeles Lakers @ San Antonio Spurs
TV: TNT 5:00PM

I personally didn't like the date Posted there and I like how Eternal has the date under the game thread.

(93) Lakers @ (81) Pistons
Sunday, December 20, 2009

If you can make a hybrid of the two it would look so much more professional.

Los Angeles Lakers Vs. Detrot Pistons

1. IMO it looks a lot more professional this way, you don't need the TV information on the bottom because you can get that inside the opening post.
2. You don't need @ in a post, the second team is already implied to be the home team, it's standard in sports. (Unless you are labeling Lakers first every game, then you would need the distinction of @ or Vs.) To me @ makes a forum look unprofessional and it looks much more clean and sleek listing teams by their full name and when the game is played.
3. Do you really need to post the final score on the title, make a last post or something to the box score..ect.

Edited by Base, December 21, 2009 - 04:31 AM.

#2 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 21, 2009 - 04:36 AM

I like the hybrid-look. I don't really mind whether it's 'Vs.' or '@', but if you're going to use both signs I think 'Los Angeles Lakers' should go in front for every thread title.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#3 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:22 PM

I like the format of the way the Gametime Discussion Thread was posted, with a mix of Eternal's way.

Nissan's Titles:
3/12 Los Angeles Lakers @ San Antonio Spurs
TV: TNT 5:00PM

I personally didn't like the date Posted there and I like how Eternal has the date under the game thread.

(93) Lakers @ (81) Pistons

If you can make a hybrid of the two it would look so much more professional.

Los Angeles Lakers Vs. Detrot Pistons

1. IMO it looks a lot more professional this way, you don't need the TV information on the bottom because you can get that inside the opening post.
2. You don't need @ in a post, the second team is already implied to be the home team, it's standard in sports. (Unless you are labeling Lakers first every game, then you would need the distinction of @ or Vs.) To me @ makes a forum look unprofessional and it looks much more clean and sleek listing teams by their full name and when the game is played.
3. Do you really need to post the final score on the title, make a last post or something to the box score..ect.

I can do that no problem. I was simply using @ for most part as that's what everyone else was doing so wanted to try and have some sort of consistent format and because that's how the official site does it.

I can do Los Angeles Lakers at Detroit Pistons for the top format if you'd prefer that. Just so it's more straight forward and doesn't confuse anyone. I won't change between at or vs I'll just simply keep it "at". (See how the last couple of threads are for example.)

I wasn't really liking the scores in title either and did plan on changing that.

LMK!

#4 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:38 PM

I can do that no problem. I was simply using @ for most part as that's what everyone else was doing so wanted to try and have some sort of consistent format and because that's how the official site does it.

I can do Los Angeles Lakers at Detroit Pistons for the top format if you'd prefer that. Just so it's more straight forward and doesn't confuse anyone. I won't change between at or vs I'll just simply keep it "at". (See how the last couple of threads are for example.)

I wasn't really liking the scores in title either and did plan on changing that.

LMK!

I don't know about "at" I just like "Vs." "Vs" "vs." or "vs"

Personally my favorite is "Vs."

I think you should keep it with Vs. because if it was "Cleveland Cavaliers Vs. Orlando Magic" you know who the home team is. It's standard in sports that the second team is the home team.

But it's your choice from there.

Edited by Base, December 22, 2009 - 08:38 PM.

#5 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:40 PM

I don't know about "at" I just like "Vs." "Vs" "vs." or "vs"

Personally my favorite is "Vs."

I think you should keep it with Vs. because if it was "Cleveland Cavaliers Vs. Orlando Magic" you know who the home team is. It's standard in sports that the second team is the home team.

But it's your choice from there.

I'll go with VS. then. Every site has their own way of doing it. Lakers site does vs and @. ESPN has everything the way i just switched them to.

#6 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:45 PM

I'll go with VS. then. Every site has their own way of doing it. Lakers site does vs and @. ESPN has everything the way i just switched them to.

Perfect. Thanks for the quick response.
It looks a lot better and more organized now.

#7 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:46 PM

Glad to see you like it. :)

#8 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted December 22, 2009 - 09:37 PM

Moving this to resolved. If anyone wants to discuss Gametime Discussion forum again, feel free to start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users