• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 13, 2008 - 10:57 AM

Just thought I'd put this out there. I believe this to be by far the best Laker forum based on the professionality of the site as well as the people posting. There's little to no flame wars that I've seen in the threads, certainly nowhere near the amount that's going on currently at other sites(Lakersground).

More and more people will come to this site because of those good qualities but also because of the features that this site has.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#2 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted September 13, 2008 - 11:00 AM

Just thought I'd put this out there. I believe this to be by far the best Laker forum based on the professionality of the site as well as the people posting. There's little to no flame wars that I've seen in the threads, certainly nowhere near the amount that's going on currently at other sites(Lakersground).

More and more people will come to this site because of those good qualities but also because of the features that this site has.

True that. This site has like the best features here and (maybe) even an arcade. :group:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#3 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted September 13, 2008 - 11:06 AM

best BY FAR.

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 13, 2008 - 12:23 PM

The amount of personal attacks and baiting is minimized because of the activity of our staff and the respect given both directions. We have owners/admins/mods that will regulate this board without any bias, without the shady stuff, and we have a solid staff from the WordPress blogging that refuse to drop the ball while the forums are up and running.

As far as the design goes, I have no doubt it's the best-looking Lakers board. I pressed for the guys to purchase an IPB so I can go through and code it the way I wanted to, so Kam could brighten it up a bit with those images, and so Jim could easily learn how to edit the stylesheets and templates.

Thanks for recognizing us in this light. However, it's really your activity and cooperation that makes this place great.

#5 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 14, 2008 - 12:51 AM

I want to say thanks to my RT family. :D

#6 Synergy

Synergy

The Only Suns Fan On TLN

• 1,027 posts

Posted September 14, 2008 - 12:59 AM

I agree, this place is certainly very peaceful and that's one reason why I like to keep active. There hasn't been a single fight that I have seen on here.

I would also like to say good job to the staff of TLN :D
Posted Image

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted September 14, 2008 - 01:03 AM

I agree, this place is certainly very peaceful and that's one reason why I like to keep active. There hasn't been a single fight that I have seen on here.

I would also like to say good job to the staff of TLN :)

This is coming from a Suns fan that actually visits a Lakers board without baiting and personally attacking everyone, so...yeah. :nervous:

We must be doing something right. ;)

#8 .RoCkEtS1

.RoCkEtS1

Rookie

• 49 posts

Posted September 14, 2008 - 04:33 AM

Yeah even I'm posting here.

The site is well maintained and I really like a good amount of the members here. I just think you guys need to advertise a little to get a few more active members.

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted September 14, 2008 - 10:07 PM

Looks like I have my OTR guys stalking me. :clap:

#10 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 14, 2008 - 10:32 PM

Looks like I have my OTR guys stalking me. :huh:

I got my fans from OTR stalking me. Posted Image

#11 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 14, 2008 - 11:30 PM

I believe this to be by far the best Laker forum based on the professionality of the site as well as the people posting. There's little to no flame wars that I've seen in the threads, certainly nowhere near the amount that's going on currently at other sites(Lakersground).

Truth.

I just think you guys need to advertise a little to get a few more active members.

So so so so soooo true, my only gripe & I don't necessarily mean it in a negative way.. we need to do the best we all can to make this a better place as well as get it out more in the open and noticed. Far better promoting & effort is needed.

For starters, the official myspace page of this site, has thousands and THOUSANDS of laker fans, and well.. whomever the people or person is/are that run that page, they NEED to at least TRY and do a better job of letting all those people know about the forums..whether it be through posting bulletins more repeatedly about it.. encouraging folks to check it out and join.. posting a blog or more about it.. something.. those are just some ideas..

#12 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted September 15, 2008 - 02:49 AM

Truth.So so so so soooo true, my only gripe & I don't necessarily mean it in a negative way.. we need to do the best we all can to make this a better place as well as get it out more in the open and noticed. Far better promoting & effort is needed.

For starters, the official myspace page of this site, has thousands and THOUSANDS of laker fans, and well.. whomever the people or person is/are that run that page, they NEED to at least TRY and do a better job of letting all those people know about the forums..whether it be through posting bulletins more repeatedly about it.. encouraging folks to check it out and join.. posting a blog or more about it.. something.. those are just some ideas..

First of all, the original posters post was SPOT ON! This is the best Message Board in general I've ever posted on.

Now to this, Chicano, I think it's nice how it is. Of course some more members would be nice, but if you advertise too much, all the trolls from CL will come over and ruin this place. We should keep this place exclusive and only tell the people we WANT about the site.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#13 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted September 15, 2008 - 06:03 AM

Truth.So so so so soooo true, my only gripe & I don't necessarily mean it in a negative way.. we need to do the best we all can to make this a better place as well as get it out more in the open and noticed. Far better promoting & effort is needed.

I'm assuming this person you are refering to is me. I would have prefered you to PM me your suggestions, but I suppose this method works fine, too.

#14 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted September 15, 2008 - 06:57 AM

I don't know how many of you are currently or were ever members at Lakersground, but that board used to be awesome to go and post on regularly about not only the Lakers but also about off-topic issues, even personal life issues if you had something going on. One of the reasons I've noticed people leave that site is because every time someone posts something, be it a good post or not, there are at least 2 or 3 people that are going to go into that post and bring their personal attacks and bitterness to initiate a flame war. It got to the point where if you didn't want to get attacked by anyone, you'd have to alter your entire post so much that it lost it's original purpose and meaning.

LG has 20 members viewing at any given time, and while that's cool, as a member I'd rather see 4 or 5 non-a-hole members post than have 30 idiots waiting like vultures to jump on you.

#15 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted September 15, 2008 - 07:14 AM

I hope you don't mind me asking to keep discussion of other boards off TLN. It's just an open door for them to talk about us, and we don't care to hear about them. We are focused on one thing, and I think we all know what that is (something you feel we've already accomplished, haha).

Thanks guys. :huh:

#16 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted September 15, 2008 - 07:20 AM

I hope you don't mind me asking to keep discussion of other boards off TLN. It's just an open door for them to talk about us, and we don't care to hear about them. We are focused on one thing, and I think we all know what that is (something you feel we've already accomplished, haha).

Thanks guys. :)

Yeah that's fine with me, no intentions to attack other people.

#17 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted September 17, 2008 - 09:44 AM

I had been advocating for CL to make so many of the changes that are implemented on this site for ages.
Sepcifically IPB and Off-Topic Sub-forums. Finally a board that is run the right way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users