4 replies to this topic

#1 JaCkFrOsT305

JaCkFrOsT305

Rookie

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted July 26, 2008 - 01:43 PM

http://hoopshype.com...own_lazenby.htm

This column was written by Roland Lazenby who know more about the Lakers then any other writers. The more i read this [profanity deleted], the more i can't stand Jimmy Buss cause it seems that he da one who's causing problems in the Front Office who's divided into two Factions: The jeanie Buss faction(phil jackson, kobe) and the Jim Buss faction(bynum..).
I can see why Kobe blew up last summer and demanded Jerry West back. And Jim Buss has given Andrew more power which might create problems with Kobe and even divide the Locker Room(reminscint of Shaq and KObe?. Thats why KB's blowup last summer was even more peculiar and i think that had something to do with Phil pumpin him up. FUnny enough, Sam Smith wrote a column about how Kobe should sit out a season and thats after he came back from visiting PJ at his house. Remember Ric Bucher also said the same [profanity deleted]...?

Dunno, but the way i see it, if we dont win in the next 2-3 yrs, Kobe might be on his way out with Bynum as new franchise player....
Please read the Forum Guidelines for the appropriate size for a signature. Thank you. :)
- Nuggs

comin' to a neighborhood near you!!!

#2 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted July 26, 2008 - 01:56 PM

I didn't read the article but read what you wrote, and just want to say something on the last sentence. In 2-3 years, Kobe is gonna be what 33? And Bynum will be like 23? Kobe will be on the decline and Bynum on the rise. If this were all to happen, then I don't see a big issue. It will be similar to the breakup in 04 where they kept the young star in favor of the declining star. Not only that, but they have a great future. In 2 years when Fish's contract is up, Farmar will be ready to step in and start. Sasha starts at SG, Ariza/Walton at SF, and Bynum at center. Add in free agents, draft picks, etc. and you have a great lineup.

#3 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted July 26, 2008 - 02:06 PM

kobe never dies

#4 L4L

L4L

Seattle's Biggest Laker Fan

• 172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille O'Neal

Posted July 26, 2008 - 02:15 PM

Once Bynum inks his contract, the dissension will disappear. Right now, he's just trying to make sure he does get that big pay day before his career is cut short. You only have one or two chances to get PAID BIG in the NBA and Bynum, under the advice of Jim Buss, is getting as much information on how to make the correct decisions as possible. Yes, it is rubbing some elbows in the process, but for the "bad decision" he made with the knee -- for all we know his doctors ARE superior -- he has good ones such as his decision to work Tarzana in Atlana. His biggest improvements came after last off-season when he DID get his own people. It's not as if he's completely refusing to work the team's people either. Let us not forget the fact that he is Kareem's pet project.

#5 JaCkFrOsT305

JaCkFrOsT305

Rookie

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted July 26, 2008 - 04:34 PM

I didn't read the article but read what you wrote, and just want to say something on the last sentence. In 2-3 years, Kobe is gonna be what 33? And Bynum will be like 23? Kobe will be on the decline and Bynum on the rise. If this were all to happen, then I don't see a big issue. It will be similar to the breakup in 04 where they kept the young star in favor of the declining star. Not only that, but they have a great future. In 2 years when Fish's contract is up, Farmar will be ready to step in and start. Sasha starts at SG, Ariza/Walton at SF, and Bynum at center. Add in free agents, draft picks, etc. and you have a great lineup.

you can't compare Guards with Centers. Guards who take care of they body can still perform at their peak, they might lose some athletiscism but they compensate with other things. Jordan worked in the post more often as he got older and shot more Js. Remember Kb did avg over 50% in the playoffs on mostly jump shots.
Please read the Forum Guidelines for the appropriate size for a signature. Thank you. :)
- Nuggs

comin' to a neighborhood near you!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users