• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Sky

Sky

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 26, 2008 - 03:49 PM

A Denver trade would be their trade X, not players. 10.1. Smith would sign for that if it's a long term deal. If Denver adds players it's just who Atlanta wants, but given Hawks ownership, they'd just as soon have the trade X back and avoid salary.

#22 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted July 26, 2008 - 04:38 PM

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9603

This can't help but make one wonder who exactly the teams are that Sekou Smith was referring to. Could the LA Lakers be the "Western Conference powerhouse" poised to make a play for Smith?

Well, the Lakers could offer Lamar Odom to the Hawks and take back Smith and point guard Speedy Claxton, provided the deal Smith signs with Atlanta before being traded is enough to match salaries given his BYC status. The move would give the Lakers the defensive presence it lacked in the Finals against the Boston Celtics, and it would also provide the Hawks with a good player and an expiring contract in Odom valued at over $14 million.

Id do this in a heartbeat
Josh was 17 and 8 during reg season
with him at the 3 i will kiss mitch personally
Yes homo

#23 L4L

L4L

Seattle's Biggest Laker Fan

• 172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille O'Neal

Posted July 26, 2008 - 05:35 PM

Real Deal,

I would NEVER build my team around Carmelo Anthony. He doesn't come to camp in excellent shape, as you said he has off-court problems, and his defense is absolutely atrocious.

All that said, he is still worth more, as a true franchise player, than Josh Smith is. I think Smith is actually a better fit in Denver, but in terms of pure value, you don't give up Carmelo for J Smoov even in face of the fact that Smith is a big and Carmelo isn't.

The Nuggets SHOULD seek more than just Smith (17th overall pick) if they move their franchise player (3rd overall pick) for the simple fact that Melo is worth more IMHO.

#24 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,277 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 26, 2008 - 06:22 PM

do it mitch!!

if u pull it off u are the greatest!!!

Posted Image

#25 Sako32

Sako32

LIKE A ROLLING STONE

• 1,217 posts
  • Name:Sako
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, & Bynum

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:17 AM

I know Josh Smith is a great shot blocker, but is he a good on-the-ball defender? Can he play SF well?

Posted Image

#26 L4L

L4L

Seattle's Biggest Laker Fan

• 172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille O'Neal

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:35 AM

Smith is an excellent defensive player both and off the ball. He has the athleticism to keep up with threes and to out hustle, muscle, and jump 4s.

That said his entire offensive game needs big, big work. He's a far worse shooter than Odom when it comes to jumpers. He shot 32% this year in that arena to Odom's 40%. He has bad ball handling skills for his size. He is prone to try for flashy plays, and he does have above average court vision for his position, but, as a result, he is very turn over prone. His offensive game is the definition of unrefined. I don't see him as a fantastic offensive fit. Mitch and Phil's MO has always been: triangle fit first. J-Smoov is an athlete and defender first and as such I don't see a move realistically being made to acquire him.

#27 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 27, 2008 - 04:37 AM

The Hawks have no clue on how to run a franchise....go move to Seattle!
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#28 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted July 28, 2008 - 03:31 PM

Well apparently the Pistons were in talks with the Hawks but the Hawks wanted way too much.

#29 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 28, 2008 - 03:38 PM

Can someone change the title of this thread? From the index, all you can see is "Josh Smith to be signed and tr..." so I thought there was a done deal.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users