#1 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 22, 2009 - 07:46 PM

The battle of the two best teams in college football begins on December 5th. The winner will meet up with Texas presumably...if Texas wraps up the Big 12 which they prolly will.

Right now, the top five spots in the BCS look like this:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. TCU
5. Cincy

I think Alabama takes Florida this year...Mark Ingram is too strong and that defense is scary.

Alabama vs Texas in the Rose Bowl National Championship.

Alabama still has to play at Auburn and Florida has a home game against Florida State.

SEC Championship should be epic.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#2 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted November 22, 2009 - 08:55 PM

Chances are that the SEC championship will be better than the National championship.

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts

Posted November 23, 2009 - 09:15 AM

Chances are that the SEC championship will be better than the National championship.

Thats a definite possiblility because last year's SEC championship was better than the national championship imo. Although, Texas is going to be a tougher test for either Florida or Bama than Oklahoma was for Florida.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,520 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted November 23, 2009 - 10:57 AM

Don't sleep on Texas...... :shifty:

2hf753r.jpg

#5 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Odom

Posted November 27, 2009 - 03:57 PM

Auburn pushed us to our limits today, but we have been preparing for Florida all year so I think we can take them.

Posted Image

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,731 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 27, 2009 - 04:42 PM

great drive for the win by bama today...good game

Posted Image

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts

Posted November 27, 2009 - 05:27 PM

Yeh, it was a solid game. My brother and I watched it and he's an Auburn fan, so when they were up 14-0 he was talking mad ish. I told him Bama was going to come back...Mark may be injured idk but it was obvious that Auburn had game planned to stop him. Lucky for us, we have another solid RB in Richardson and Julio came up big too.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted November 27, 2009 - 05:30 PM

I honestly thought Aurburn would pull this game out, but Alabama never let down. Good to see Alabama win and finally break their steak against Aurburn, this really sets up for a solid game next week.

Posted Image

#9 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts

Posted November 27, 2009 - 06:06 PM

Confidence, we won last year to break the streak.

They definitely had us reeling in the first quarter with all those trick plays, but we won the next 3 quarters and the ball game.

Yea Richardson could be in Heisman contention in two years. And Julio was awesome, but I was more so pleased with McElroy, he won us a game, something many thought he couldn't do.

Windu, where do you live, didn't know I had a fellow Bama fan on here???

Posted Image

#10 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted November 27, 2009 - 06:11 PM

Confidence, we won last year to break the streak.

They definitely had us reeling in the first quarter with all those trick plays, but we won the next 3 quarters and the ball game.

Yea Richardson could be in Heisman contention in two years. And Julio was awesome, but I was more so pleased with McElroy, he won us a game, something many thought he couldn't do.

I mean at Auburn, this was the first time in quite some time that you guys beat them at home.

Posted Image

#11 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts

Posted November 27, 2009 - 06:15 PM

I mean at Auburn, this was the first time in quite some time that you guys beat them at home.

Well our last win before the streak was in Auburn actually. I was a bit young to remember so I had to look it up. The streak lasted way to long though, hopefully we can keep this 2 game streak going.

Posted Image

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts

Posted November 27, 2009 - 07:32 PM

Mobile

I wish Mcelroy had better pocket presence. Oftentimes, he doesn't seem to "feel" the pass rush and everytime he gets sacked I worry about him fumbling. Man, imagine if we had a pro style QB to go along with that running game and the defense. We've got to improve our def speed on the outside too cause we looked a tad slow today. The busted coverage in the secondary is something I'm sure Saban will get on the team about as well.

We need to play better if we're going to take out FL...I think we will though.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts

Posted November 27, 2009 - 07:53 PM

Mobile

I wish Mcelroy had better pocket presence. Oftentimes, he doesn't seem to "feel" the pass rush and everytime he gets sacked I worry about him fumbling. Man, imagine if we had a pro style QB to go along with that running game and the defense. We've got to improve our def speed on the outside too cause we looked a tad slow today. The busted coverage in the secondary is something I'm sure Saban will get on the team about as well.

We need to play better if we're going to take out FL...I think we will though.

Nice, didn't know that. You should join Tidefans.com. McElroy isn't the best but he gets the job done and he knows how to win. Our speed is fine, they just had us reeling because of all those trick plays. They ran a double move on Barron and as he looked back towards the QB, the Auburn WR went behind him in the third quarter, Nick will chew him out about that for sure he is very hard on the DBs. And on the QB thing, not many of the great QBs want to come to Alabama because they know we want to run the ball.

Posted Image

#14 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts

Posted November 27, 2009 - 08:29 PM

Nice, didn't know that. You should join Tidefans.com. McElroy isn't the best but he gets the job done and he knows how to win. Our speed is fine, they just had us reeling because of all those trick plays. They ran a double move on Barron and as he looked back towards the QB, the Auburn WR went behind him in the third quarter, Nick will chew him out about that for sure he is very hard on the DBs. And on the QB thing, not many of the great QBs want to come to Alabama because they know we want to run the ball.

Mcelroy is ok. Idk, I've seen him miss a lot of open receivers and he needs to go thru his progressions quicker.

We need to be playing our best ball because FL isn't going to be easy.

I think we can have more of a passing attack and I think QBs would love to throw to 6'4 Julio and the others. We do what it takes to get the W and sometimes the running game gets helped by defenders respecting the aerial attack. Teams will continue to put 8 and 9 in the box because our passing game doesn't exactly strike fear in opponents.

Florida will do the same...load the box to stop Ingram and Richardson and force Mcelroy to pass.

I wish we'd use different run formations as well...in the shotgun a lot...need to mix it up and use some I forms and singleback. Hell, I don't even know if we have a FB! Haven't seen him.

Edited by Windu, November 27, 2009 - 08:38 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#15 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts

Posted November 27, 2009 - 08:46 PM

Yea his biggest problem is he tends to lock in on one receiver.

Well we are getting top QB prospects like Star Jackson and AJ McCarron in the past few years but Greg doesn't turn the ball over gives us a chance to win doing what we do best.

We figured out how to beat Auburn. We outplayed them for the final three quarters and should have stuck it in instead of kicking those FGs. Auburn had a great game plan, Florida's wont be that good IMO. They are a better team though. It should be a great game.

We do throw a lot of formations out there. We have ran it from the wildcat, pistol, shotgun and single back formations. Our OL is quick this year so we don't power run as much as we did last year with that big OL.

Posted Image

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts

Posted November 28, 2009 - 10:41 AM

I hate settling for FGs in the redzone or in scoring position. TE needs to be more of a factor there.

I hope Mark will good to go in Atlanta.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts

Posted November 28, 2009 - 01:33 PM

You our execution and play calling has been awful at times in the red zone. Colin Peek has been banged up a little these past few games.

He should be.

Posted Image

#18 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts

Posted December 04, 2009 - 09:19 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOO It's almost here.

Posted Image

#19 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 04:01 PM

Bama up 32-13 in the fourth quarter.

Posted Image

#20 S.Kobe.1080

S.Kobe.1080

Mark Ingram for Heisman

• 1,075 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 04:44 PM

WOOOOOOO Alabama wins 32-13. ROLL TIDE. Unban Windu so we can celebrate!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users