#41 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted September 17, 2008 - 09:41 PM

I have 2.1 & it is.

You can jailbreak firmware 2.1 on the ipod touch 1g, but not the 2g. ipod touch 2g uses a different processor than that of the 1st gen and the iphones. In other words, programs like winpwn, pwnage, or quickpwn ain't gonna work.

#42 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,721 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 17, 2008 - 11:47 PM

You can jailbreak firmware 2.1 on the ipod touch 1g, but not the 2g. ipod touch 2g uses a different processor than that of the 1st gen and the iphones. In other words, programs like winpwn, pwnage, or quickpwn ain't gonna work.

Something will come out for sure....
Posted Image

#43 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 18, 2008 - 12:50 AM

^
Well yea, that goes without saying.

#44 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,721 posts

Posted October 12, 2008 - 03:42 AM

posting from my new 32gig touch http://lakernation.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Edited by netlord, October 12, 2008 - 03:45 AM.

Posted Image

#45 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted October 12, 2008 - 10:42 AM

As cool as those new features are on the new ipod touch, 1G ipod touch is still better than 2G.

#46 Alice

Alice

FIERCE

• 856 posts
  • Name:Alice
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Ron, Pau

Posted October 12, 2008 - 11:56 AM

What new features does the 2nd generation of itouch has????

#47 lqv2015

lqv2015

Rookie

• 640 posts

Posted October 12, 2008 - 10:52 PM

As cool as those new features are on the new ipod touch, 1G ipod touch is still better than 2G.

The 1st gen casing & shape is better than the 2nd. However, I'd love to have a bettery life that the 2nd gen has. And the side buttons should be for skipping tracks, not volume control.

I'll wait for the 3rd gen. It'll be a much bigger leap than from 1st to 2nd.

#48 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,721 posts

Posted October 12, 2008 - 11:20 PM

The 1st gen casing & shape is better than the 2nd. However, I'd love to have a bettery life that the 2nd gen has. And the side buttons should be for skipping tracks, not volume control.

That's modern technology, but If you wait for newer generations, you are never going to get one :)
Posted Image

#49 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted October 13, 2008 - 12:01 AM

The 1G is better just for the simple fact that you can jailbreak it. 2G jailbreak progress has not gotten very far.

1G + Jailbreak >>>>> 2G + new features

Edited by daco_inc, October 13, 2008 - 12:02 AM.

#50 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,721 posts

Posted October 13, 2008 - 12:03 AM

The 1G is better just for the simple fact that you can jailbreak it. 2G jailbreak progress has not gotten very far.

1G + Jailbreak >>>>> 2G + new features

Hasn't gotten very far YET, but I am sure you agree they will get it sooner or later.
Posted Image

#51 lqv2015

lqv2015

Rookie

• 640 posts

Posted October 13, 2008 - 12:20 AM

I have the 1st G & still love it. The biggest improvement I would like to see is a way better battery life & 64/128gb .

#52 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,721 posts

Posted October 13, 2008 - 12:28 AM

I have the 1st G & still love it. The biggest improvement I would like to see is a way better battery life & 64/128gb .

Then there was no reason for you to change to the 2nd gen, if you already have one, no reason to change.
About the drives, a long time will have to pass until that happens, flash drives aren't improving that fast, and if they are, the prices are also rising...
Posted Image

#53 piXie

piXie

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Fisher,&FARMAR!

Posted October 14, 2008 - 12:21 PM

aaaagghhhh.... i'm happy you were able to get a new one!!

i got my FIRST ipod for my birthday..yah i didn't have one before..and it went weird and wacky within the first week...did different updates and took it to the apple store..

boyfriend told me he would get it fixed...i still dont have it....my birthday was in January!!

ugh lol and it was engraved so i dont wanna just replace it ......

ah ok imma stop whining about me

i'm glad things worked out for you!!--how is it working out?

#54 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted October 14, 2008 - 12:25 PM

I got a black one yesterday from Walmart.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#55 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted October 14, 2008 - 12:34 PM

^how much was it? i got a new one also. itz 30 gigs
Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#56 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted October 14, 2008 - 12:38 PM

$150.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#57 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 14, 2008 - 01:35 PM

My main gripe with the touch and the reason I wouldn't get it is because of the whole wi-fi thing. You rarely get that anywhere. It's too picky & inconsistent. If that ish could be online like all the time like the iphone, then wouldn't that be soo much freakin' sweeter, but of course it's all business obviously, bastards aren't stupid.

I still have currently my 30 gig black video ipod, works like a charm still. Have about 4,000 songs on it and have 10 gbs of space or so left.. which is plenty for me for now at least..

My older ipod, white one, 2nd or 3rd gen.. non video.. 20gb.. STILL works as good as new..

It sucks really, because I WOULD want to get the touch and COULD if ONLY the internet was more consistent and you could get online more & all.. but the wi-fi thing really ain't worth it imo..

Also, for any ipods almost basically, playing video is such a downer, not because it doesn't look nice seeing that and having that feauture, but why the bleep does it have to just absolutely KILL the battery life so freakin' fast? It's ridiculous. What does it cost them to add more already? bleep!!

#58 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,721 posts

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:52 PM

My main gripe with the touch and the reason I wouldn't get it is because of the whole wi-fi thing. You rarely get that anywhere. It's too picky & inconsistent. If that ish could be online like all the time like the iphone, then wouldn't that be soo much freakin' sweeter, but of course it's all business obviously, bastards aren't stupid.

I still have currently my 30 gig black video ipod, works like a charm still. Have about 4,000 songs on it and have 10 gbs of space or so left.. which is plenty for me for now at least..

My older ipod, white one, 2nd or 3rd gen.. non video.. 20gb.. STILL works as good as new..

It sucks really, because I WOULD want to get the touch and COULD if ONLY the internet was more consistent and you could get online more & all.. but the wi-fi thing really ain't worth it imo..

Also, for any ipods almost basically, playing video is such a downer, not because it doesn't look nice seeing that and having that feauture, but why the bleep does it have to just absolutely KILL the battery life so freakin' fast? It's ridiculous. What does it cost them to add more already? bleep!!

Well I didn't see th wifi thing as a bad thing, and I thought in the US you would have less trouble, as you have a lot of wifi hot spots (or at least I thought so...)
btw, when you talk about consistency, do you talk about the signal itself, or the ipod's antenna not being good enough?
I only thought of using it when I travel, and there usually is good wifi at airports so that's good, battery is really affected though, and I've tested that with my wifi connection here at home.
I just started testing the battery life with videos, and so for i've run 2:30 hours without a big battery consumption, either way, don't think I would watch more than 3 hours or 4, because my eyes would probably fall off :lol:
But yeah, I think there is the technology to put more battery on it...

Edited by netlord, October 14, 2008 - 02:54 PM.

Posted Image

#59 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:58 PM

ever since i updated my touch to 2.1 it's been messing up all my album art work..annoys me :whistle:

#60 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,721 posts

Posted October 14, 2008 - 03:01 PM

ever since i updated my touch to 2.1 it's been messing up all my album art work..annoys me <_<

really? What happened?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users