• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#41 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 04, 2009 - 05:59 PM

Yeah, I'm completely flabbergasted by that.

I'm so offended I'd almost go as far as to say

Posted Image

He wouldn't know, he's stuck in the 80's and 90's.

well, to be fair, he's angry because a PROMOTER was hyping up his fighter and Pacquiao has brought an influx of new fans to a dying sport...what kind of self respecting fight fan would want that??
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#42 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted December 04, 2009 - 11:25 PM

Whats going on here? Is this a Hate on boxing thread or a Hate on Pacman thread?
and as far as "Real Boxers" Barrerra, Morrales, Marquez, B-Hop, SSM, ODLH, to name a few, say hello :hi: .

Edited by Spooky, December 04, 2009 - 11:26 PM.

#43 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted December 05, 2009 - 12:26 AM

I agree with you there. He's definitely not the best boxer to ever step into the ring. I didn't see anyone (in this thread atleast) claim that. He's not the greatest of all time but he will go down as an ATG. And saying Fighters from this era are not "real boxers" comes off as just plain hating.

#44 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 05, 2009 - 12:37 AM

I' m not just saying this because I like Pacquiao

but a 7 time world champion in 7 weight divisions isn't a great boxer then I don't know whats going through your head.(talking to real)

#45 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 05, 2009 - 12:57 AM

^ Floyd's dodged a lot of big fights or fights against fighters he deemed 'risky'. Manny's never been that way. He's always been way more up to the challenge than Mayweather and more about the true love of the sport itself than more money hungry.

#46 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 01:28 AM

Who in here said that Pacquiao was the greatest ever? He's far from that title, even if he beats Mayweather.
If you're basing your arguments on that, then I have no idea why you're arguing that fact since no one in here
actually stated he was the best ever.

Also, who cares if Pacquiao has so many new fans? Any fan of a player, team, boxer, etc. has to start somewhere.
For the Filipino people, it's a very big deal that Pacquiao is on top. In the Philippines, when he fights, everything
stops. No one is in the streets, no crimes are taking place, even prisoners are let go because the guards don't want
to be stuck with them and would rather watch the fight. He gives some sort of pride to a people who have had little
to cheer about lately, but of course, you probably wouldn't understand that sentiment.

Give me a [expletive]ing break.

Edited by Unlabeled, December 05, 2009 - 01:37 AM.

#47 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 05, 2009 - 01:31 AM

^ Pure truth & spoken from the heart. That definitely deserves a +1.

#48 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 01:33 AM

Ali is one of the best he lost 5 fights
Holmes is one of the best he has 6 losses
Frazier is one of the best he has 4 losses
Tyson one of the best KO punchers ever has 6 losses
Holyfield 10 losses
and Manny Pacquiao is gonna be one of the greats no matter what you say has also lost boxing matches.

and what unlabeled said is true, maybe you need to actually watch one of mannys fights before hating on him.

Fact :your just a mayweather bandwagon fan.

Edited by Mmmmichael, December 05, 2009 - 01:36 AM.

#49 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 01:53 AM

such a hater man admit it LOL

#50 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 01:58 AM

Boxing is the #1 sport in the Philippines, with basketball coming in 2nd place. Boxing is a big deal over there.
Manny is like Yao Ming? No, Manny actually wins, so your little argument there is non-valid.

What's wrong with being such a big fan of someone? You just seem a little bitter. I understand that against the
greatests, Pacquiao would probably lose, but will we ever find out? No, so why keep pushing that particular point.
It's pointless and just shows that you don't want to give credit where credit is due, and that's my opinion on why
you're in here trying to downplay his accomplishments.

You're arguing about what Bob Arum said, not about something someone said here. If you wanna spew your "hatred"
for Pacquiao and to argue about what Arum said, his email is bobarum@toprank.com. Have fun.

#51 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 04:17 AM

this is the present bud. Manny is the best boxer right now

#52 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 07:26 AM

do you always sound this confused when you try to talk boxing?
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#53 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 09:05 AM

Real Deal name your best boxers list.

#54 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted December 05, 2009 - 10:13 AM

Let's look at Pacman's resume. Most notable wins:
Marco Antonio Barrera - Not a "real boxer" right? hes just a scrub that couldn't hang with the fighters from the 80's and 90's right?
Erik "El Terrible" Morrales - another scurb?
Juan Manuel Marquez - He ain't nothing special either right?
Jorge Solis
Ricky Hatton
ODLH
Miguel Cotto

Now tell me some fighters that have gone from Flyweight to Welterweight (and win titles in those divisions). Cant name many right?

yeah pac is definitely overrated. :hmm:

#55 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted December 05, 2009 - 02:13 PM

That would be wonderful and all to see Pacman fight in the 80's and 90's, but wake up and see that this is the
21st century. It's funny how people always have to go back to history to downplay someone's achievements.
It's pretty pathetic.

:rolleyes:

Exactly.. I totally agree with you, I can't see why people can't accept the present today.

Beating guys like De La Hoya and Cotto is not impressive? You can argue that De La Hoya was "washed up" or Cotto sustained a permanent beating from Magarito, but these are just blatant excuses. Pacquiao annihilated and possibly retired Hatton. Pacquiao also destroyed De La Hoya and retired him. De La Hoya was a favorite against Pacquiao when they fought. Cotto still beat a fast Judah and a strong Joshua Clottey before he faced Pacquiao. Pacquiao also retired Cotto, unless he wants to fight again. I show Cotto all of my respect though, maybe the outcome against Pacquiao would have been different if Magarito didn't use plaster against him. Pacquiao was moving up weight class when he fought these guys which is why he is so highly respected and he just didn't beat them, but it was a no contest against bigger guys. The last guy to do this was Henry ArmStrong.

Is Pacquiao among the greats like Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson? etc.. Not on my list... But he is one hell of an entertaining fighter.

This is based on ignorance.

I like this analogy. I find it funny :D. But have you heard the the crime rate decreases dramatically whenever Manny Pacquiao fights. Even the phillipino president and advisers went to watch him fight in the Cotto fight. Im 100% sure Manny Pacquiao has a better ratio of people that know him in the Philippines than Yao Ming in China. Even though China has a massive population. < this can be argued, but overall Pacquiao has acheived way more for his career in boxing than Yao Ming has in basketball.
Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#56 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 06:18 PM

March 13 is way too soon for this fight. I really hope it happens in Vegas though, so that I can be there.

The Yao Ming comparison would be much better if it was never brought up, because it has no value in what
you're trying to argue about. Pacquiao's impact in the Philippines far outweighs any of Ming's impact in China.
As I previously stated, crime rates go down whenever Pacquiao fights, and everyone is in their house watching
the fight. Even terrorist groups have a day off on those days.

So you must not be a fan of Kobe as well? Since everyone is also on his nuts. He's running for Congress because
he wants to help his country and make it better. He donates millions of his money to help out what needs to be
helped. If you call that eating up the hype, then you're just an ignorant being.

How many times do you have that bring that up? No one in this damn thread said he was the greatest ever,
get off of that already. Seems like your argument is with Arum saying that, not anything said here.

I guess this is the same reasoning on why people hate on Kobe, but I can see why. Kobe is cocky, can be a
douche at times, and cheated on his wife. His public image wasn't always good. Pacquiao... what has he done
to be hated on? He's one of the, if not, the most humble athletes today. He always gives respect to his opponent
and never showboats or disrespects them. Maybe the problem is with you?

You've lost all credibility with those statements right there and there's no use in continuing to debate. I'm done
with it, as this thread isn't about what we're arguing about.

#57 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

See you in the forums, Brandon.

#58 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted December 05, 2009 - 10:53 PM

A little too sarcastic there buddy =/. Time and time again certain people just can not accept Pacquiao for his excellence. Most people on the Lakers watch Pacquiao :D.< I dont think Kobe would mind putting his name in the same sentence as Pacquiao, hes a fan.. Even the Celtics watch Pacquiao, Man now the Lakers and the Celtics have something in common. Now thats when you know Pacquiao is the great, he can bring rivals together!
Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#59 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 05, 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hilarious

Edited by Unlabeled, December 05, 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#60 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 06, 2009 - 01:44 AM

you're still tryin to explain yourself? lol

it's ok Brandon....as long as YOU believe what you say

you earlier mentioned that you were getting attacked personally...then a thread page later, you're callin people 'groupies'

groupies

the same dude that was ready to disown his laker fanhood a couple of seasons ago because Kobe was unhappy...callin other people 'groupies' lol

the irony in this thread is as amazing as a game-winning bank shot for 3

and lastly, on the topic of kobe, since he isnt THE best ever, by your logic, it would be disrespectful to even mention him as an ATG...in fact, you could make an argument that he's overrated...since after all, he plays in a 'watered down' era
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users