#21 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,930 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2009 - 04:10 PM

Did you even watch the fight???

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#22 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,798 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted November 21, 2009 - 11:28 PM

yep and you know who won thats right manny now face it. Who cares who had the advantage Manny won thats it

#23 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,930 posts

Posted November 23, 2009 - 07:26 PM

I'm not saying he lost the fight i was just asking if you saw the fight. Because most of thess "fans" seem like bandwagon pacman groupies to me.

Edited by Yaboy, November 23, 2009 - 07:28 PM.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#24 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted November 24, 2009 - 10:31 AM

^ :laughing: watch what you're saying. most of the fans here are boxing fans in general. guys like spooky, p4p and mamba has massive knowledge in boxing. don't throw jabs here son

#25 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted November 24, 2009 - 10:34 AM

Negotiations have begun. Hopefully they set a May/June fight date, to coincide with the playoffs and Finals.

I'm not saying he lost the fight i was just asking if you saw the fight. Because most of thess "fans" seem like bandwagon pacman groupies to me.

...because there are no such things as bandwagon Mayweather fans. You also never responded to my reply.

#26 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted November 24, 2009 - 01:58 PM

I admire, respect, & think Manny is an awesome fighter, perhaps P4p. Good thing his team & Floyd's team have begun fight talks.
However, i'm not gonna jump on the Manny train just cause he's been demolishing everyone as of late. I don't dislike the guy at all & think he could possibly be a better human being than he is a fighter. My thing is that i want to see this guy pushed, to see him challenged. I know he had some tough fights against Marquez, Barrera, Morales but he wasn't the monster that he is now. I'm hoping a fight against Floyd will bring out Mannys all. This is just a fight fans take & i hope the tons of Manny fans see what i'm talking about. To me, his last fights are like when we watch the Lakers overwhelm the other team, interest lacking.

2hf753r.jpg

#27 Guest_KBTWOFOUR_*

Guest_KBTWOFOUR_*

Posted November 24, 2009 - 02:52 PM

yep and you know who won thats right manny now face it. Who cares who had the advantage Manny won thats it

Manny was outboxed in the first fight. He knocked him down 3 times and only got a draw. Marquez won the 2nd fight -- even Manny's biggest fan in PI scored the fight for Marquez. The majority of the boxing community picked Marquez as the winner. Why didn't Manny give Marquez a rematch when they offered Manny over $8 million for a rematch a couple of years ago? Now, he wants to fight Marquez at 140, lmao. Marquez has no chance at anything over 130.

Manny needs to stop with the catch weight.

Manny better start working on his defense because Mayweather will pick him apart just like he did with everyone else. Cotto was winning the first few rounds against Manny if you take away the 4th round.

I love Manny, but Mayweather is a better boxer and a bigger draw. He deserves the bigger share because he has a history of being a bigger draw. Cotto has regressed and has never been the same, after the beating Margarito gave him.

- Associated Press:114-113 Marquez
- Joe Santoliquito:115-112 Marquez
- Dan Rafael, ESPN.com: 114-113 Marquez
- Darius Ortiz, ESPN.com:114-113 Marquez
- Eric Raskin, ESPN.com:114-113 Marquez
- Brian Kenny, Friday Night Fights:115-112 Marquez
- Scott Mallon, Ring Magazine / Boxing News / The Fist / Boxing Digest:114-113 Marquez
- Yahoo Sports:115-112 Marquez
- Fight News.com:115-112 Marquez
- Steve Carp, Las Vegas Review Journal: 114-113 Marquez
- Norm Fraunheim, Arizona Republic:114-113 Marquez
- Rich Marrotta, Top Rank TV:114-113 Marquez
- Kieran Mulvaney, Reuters:114-113 Marquez
- DogHouseBoxing:114-113 Marquez
- Brett Conway, MaxBoxing.com:114-113 Marquez
- Rick Reeno, BoxingScene.com:114-113 Marquez
- Gary Randall, MaxBoxing.com:114-113 Marquez
- Bart Barry, 15Rounds.com:115-113 Marquez
- Bruce McTavish, International Judge:115-112 Marquez
- Francis Ochoa, Philippine Daily Inquirer:114-113 Marquez
- Scott Christ, BadLeftHook.com:114-113 Marquez
- William Detloff, The Ring Magazine:115-113 Marquez
- Ron Borges, TheSweetScience.com:114-113 Marquez
- Bert Sugar:Marquez
- Max Kellerman & Bob Papa:Marquez in both fights
- Nonito Donaire:114-113 Marquez
- Filipino Sports Analysts Ronnie Nathanielsz, Recah Trinidad and Ed Picson all picked Marquez.
- Graham Houston, FightWriter.com also picked Marquez

#28 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 24, 2009 - 03:16 PM

4 lineal titles...7 world titles....truly overrated
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#29 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted November 27, 2009 - 06:45 PM

Manny was outboxed in the first fight. He knocked him down 3 times and only got a draw. Marquez won the 2nd fight -- even Manny's biggest fan in PI scored the fight for Marquez. The majority of the boxing community picked Marquez as the winner. Why didn't Manny give Marquez a rematch when they offered Manny over $8 million for a rematch a couple of years ago? Now, he wants to fight Marquez at 140, lmao. Marquez has no chance at anything over 130.

Manny needs to stop with the catch weight.

Manny better start working on his defense because Mayweather will pick him apart just like he did with everyone else. Cotto was winning the first few rounds against Manny if you take away the 4th round.

I love Manny, but Mayweather is a better boxer and a bigger draw. He deserves the bigger share because he has a history of being a bigger draw. Cotto has regressed and has never been the same, after the beating Margarito gave him.

The first fight I had it 114-113 Pacquiao, one of the judges scored the bout 113-113 made an error in his score card and instead of making it 10-6 he made the round 10-7; later he admitted to making the error in the score cards. The second Fight after watching it mutiple times I scored It 6 rounds to 6 rounds 113-113 draw, but I had forgot to count the knockdown in the 3rd which made it 114-113.

There was no need for a 3rd fight. Would a 3rd fight have been another entertaining brawl that the fans would have wanted to see? Sure would have. But Manny was moving up in weight class to win more titles and challenge more big named opponents with bigger $$. And like you said if a Pacquiao vs Marquez happened today like you said it would be no contest. A 10-15 pound heavier Marquez made Mayweather look great out there. I don't really have a prediction for a Pacquiao Mayweather fight, but Pacquiao does have trouble against counter punchers. Thats why Marquez did so good against Manny, since all he needs to do is let Manny commit and throw his punches. It would be a great draw though and if either wins, I would give respect to them.

Other than that people have doubted Pacquiao so many times in the past. Pacquiao moved up in weight to feather weight to fight Barerra/Marquez/Morales and was said he was too small when he fought Barerra. They said Diaz/De La Hoya/Cotto were too big. They said Hatton's natural weight was at 140- which he was undefeated at. Sure De La Hoya was old, Cotto had a beating that was never recovered from Magarito. The fact is is that Pacquiao was always underestimated but won.

Edited by xplayforrealx, November 27, 2009 - 06:45 PM.

Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#30 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted November 27, 2009 - 11:50 PM

Watch this analysis.

[url="]

[url="]

#31 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 03, 2009 - 07:53 PM

Nissan has a great point. Money May i sthe best of our era. But whomever wins, will ultimately take that distinction.
Money May has doubters too, though I dont doubt anymore. he is the most fundementally sound fighter I have ever seen. Manny still throws wild punches looking for the knock out.
This will be similar to the Mayweather/Gatti fight, except Mannny is in his prime, so it will be closer
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#32 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 03, 2009 - 11:39 PM

#33 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,245 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted December 04, 2009 - 12:28 AM

this is gonna be good. i'll have my $ on pac man though. i hope he beats the ish out of mayweather.

#34 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 04, 2009 - 08:21 AM

After Cotto, I have little doubt in Manny's abilities. I do believe though that Mayweather will be the toughest challenge for Manny. With all the running around that he's doing, it's going to take the whole 12 rounds to beat him. Mayweather may win by decision, and that's all he really cares about. But Manny will win by a knockout, and that's what we all want to see. One thing's for sure though: Mayweather's going to get a beating far worse than he's ever had. Whether Manny wins or not, PBF is going to get hurt.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#35 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 04, 2009 - 11:17 AM

That would be wonderful and all to see Pacman fight in the 80's and 90's, but wake up and see that this is the
21st century. It's funny how people always have to go back to history to downplay someone's achievements.
It's pretty pathetic.

:rolleyes:

#36 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted December 04, 2009 - 02:50 PM

Did i just read Bill Russell overrated? :huh:

2hf753r.jpg

#37 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 04, 2009 - 03:24 PM

Did i just read Bill Russell overrated? :huh:

Yes and RD is completely right.
and let me add to that, mostly white players, unathletic & slower compared to today's game.

#38 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 04, 2009 - 05:02 PM

what's really wonderful is now we've resorted to lookin back at past decades for someone to put PAC on his back

and its even more wonderful that you dont consider the likes of Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Cotto as 'real' boxers...good job Brandon!
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#39 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 04, 2009 - 05:18 PM

and its even more wonderful that you dont consider the likes of Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Cotto as 'real' boxers...good job Brandon!

Yeah, I'm completely flabbergasted by that.

I'm so offended I'd almost go as far as to say

Posted Image

#40 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 04, 2009 - 05:43 PM

He wouldn't know, he's stuck in the 80's and 90's.

Nice analogy there.

Is it Pacquiao's fault that he wasn't around in the era you seem to be stuck in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users