Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 18, 2009 - 09:07 PM

http://thenationalfi...oyd-mayweather/

manny confirms he wants to fight him

and they said if the fight happens it might be in Yankee stadium damn!!!!

#2 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,687 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 18, 2009 - 09:10 PM

I want to see this, if it does, looks like it's gonna be 2010 baby.

#3 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted November 18, 2009 - 09:30 PM

dayuummmm, in a yankee stadium?? WTF!! FIGHT OF THE DECADE BABEEEHH

#4 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted November 18, 2009 - 09:37 PM

nooooooooo. fight in the mgm grand garden arena. my family can get free tickets... :yes:

p.s. the pacquiao/cotto fight was awesome live!

Edited by jse7en, November 18, 2009 - 09:38 PM.

#5 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted November 18, 2009 - 10:45 PM

dude [expletive]in come to the coliseum :lol:
Posted Image

#6 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted November 19, 2009 - 02:11 AM

dude [expletive]in come to the coliseum :lol:

now we are talking......place can hold 90-100k easy.

id watch it. get to see money may go to work.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#7 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted November 19, 2009 - 10:18 AM

Would love to watch this. I like both, but I'd be rooting for Mayweather.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#8 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted November 19, 2009 - 12:45 PM

They should have it at the new Cowboys Stadium :rock:
The biggest fight & biggest stadium

veqdeg.jpg

#9 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,090 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 19, 2009 - 01:09 PM

+ 1 come on God make it happen

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#10 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts

Posted November 19, 2009 - 11:47 PM

check out the hand speed

#11 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted November 19, 2009 - 11:50 PM

I really wish they'd hold it in Vegas if it does happen, but a fight of this magnitude, I think Yankee Stadium or Cowboy
Stadium would be better. This will be the fight of the decade.

#12 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts

Posted November 20, 2009 - 01:19 AM

Mayweather>Manny

Manny hasn't faced anybody like Money May. Floyd isn't just gonna stand there and let Manny hit him like Cotto did.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#13 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted November 20, 2009 - 01:45 AM

Mayweather>Manny

Manny hasn't faced anybody like Money May. Floyd isn't just gonna stand there and let Manny hit him like Cotto did.

Mayweather hasn't faced anyone as quick as him, but Pacquiao is even quicker. Mayweather has ducked Mosley, Cotto,
Margarito, and Williams.

As shown in the Cotto fight, Pacquiao can take power punches from a legitimate welterweight. Pacquiao is also a stronger
puncher than Mayweather. He might also have some trouble since Pacquiao is a southpaw boxer, with an unorthodox and
unpredictable boxing style.

Hypocriteweather
[url="]

Edited by Unlabeled, November 20, 2009 - 01:49 AM.

#14 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted November 20, 2009 - 02:02 AM

#15 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted November 20, 2009 - 02:32 AM

7 titles in 7 different weight classes. Truly overrated. This is the present, not the past. No one right now cares
about the all-time greats.

#16 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts

Posted November 20, 2009 - 02:40 AM

Manny has never been in the ring with somebody that moves as much mayweather, nobody makes you miss and counters your punch better than mayweather if you looked at his fight with Marquez he had him missing punches all night whats manny gonna do when mayweather has him missing all those power punches? Pacman will get frustrated and start making mistakes mayweather will expose manny with his technical skills he'll pick him apart slowly don't expect a knock but expect manny to eat a lot of jabs, quick combo's then mayweather will back off ,manny will keep pushing looking for a brawl and he'll walk into quick combos then mayweather is outta there.... thats the way mayweather fights its a boring style but it works he gets into the fighters head because they wanna brawl they wanna shut him up then they'll start making mistakes and he's on that like a shark that sense's blood, people don't like the way he fights because he doesn't stand there and brawl why would he brawl with power punchers when he's not one himself that's stupid.

I put money down after this manny mayweather fight you'll all say wow manny is not that good of a boxer, he's fighter learn the difference mayweather will expose him just like he did with most of the fighters they put in front of him that people said would beat him... look how he picked hatton apart and made him look like he wasn't even on the same level he out boxed hatton..... oscar, mayweather, mosley those cats are boxers there skilled cotto manny ect there fighters there whole thing is the big punches once you take that way your in control.

Have you ever seen mayweather busted up really bad ? [crickets] thats because he doesn't take a lot of power punches he's constantly moving his head, he's constantly moving around the ring so whats manny gonna go when he notices he can't land those heavy punches ? he has to start jabbing something he doesn't do much of, manny has never been in a fight where he had to make adjustments on the fly mayweather will make this a technical fight if manny beats him he has to out box him and i don't think skill wise manny can out box mayweather, for manny to win this fight he needs mayweather to stand and throw with him and lets be real here whens the last time you saw mayweather bawl with anybody manny better get used to following mayweather around the ring because he's not getting a brawl so lets see how skill of a boxer manny is now.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#17 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted November 20, 2009 - 02:56 AM

look how he picked hatton apart and made him look like he wasn't even on the same level he out boxed hatton.....

I take it you missed the Pacquiao/Hatton fight that ended in the 2nd round, not the 9th, like Mayweather's bout.

Manny has never been in the ring with somebody that moves as much mayweather, nobody makes you miss and counters your punch better than mayweather if you looked at his fight with Marquez he had him missing punches all night whats manny gonna do when mayweather has him missing all those power punches?

It goes both ways. Mayweather has never been in the ring with someone who punches quicker than Manny. Hand speed beats
body speed. If Manny's hands move faster than Mayweather's body, then how is Mayweather going to get out of the way? A big
reason why Manny got those power punches on Cotto was his quickness, while Cotto was busy blocking then counterpunching,
Manny opened him up with some quick combos. That opened up Cotto's defense, and after the 4th round, it was all over from
there.

[url="]

I am really doubtful this fight is going to really happen, since Mayweather wants a 60/40 cut, and I'm guessing he wants
it that high so Pacquiao won't take the fight and endanger Mayweather's unbeaten record. Mayweather better not duck this fight, the way he has most of his previous ones. If not, then a Mosley/Pacquiao or Mayweather/Mosley would be great. If
Mayweather/Mosley fight, then I think Pacquiao should retire, since there aren't anymore legit fighters to fight.

#18 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted November 20, 2009 - 03:06 AM

I agree 100% with you on that one. Boxing's popularity has really gone down, since the rise of MMA, especially the UFC.

I started following boxing around 2000, but you can't blame the new crop of fans watching it, especially from a cultural
standpoint. Pacquiao put his home country on the map in recent years. He's an inspiration to a country where most people
don't have much, and he's a national hero to them. De La Hoya was washed up when they fought, but that doesn't take
away from the way he got dominated.

#19 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted November 20, 2009 - 07:01 AM

without a doubt, Floyd's defense is if not the best but definitely one of the best defense of all time plus the fact that he's smart and quick. He knows how to utilize the clinch game and knows how to use the ring very well.

On the other hand, Manny's hand speed is definitely the quickest of all time. His power never diminish. I don't think Manny has fought someone as Mayweather and vice versa. But at the end of the day, Manny without a doubt will win. The combination of quickness and power on both hands made Manny virtually unstoppable.

This ought to be a great fight

Edited by Metaphor, November 20, 2009 - 07:19 AM.

#20 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts

Posted November 20, 2009 - 07:50 AM

Tired of guys finding excuses to hate manny by saying he lost the marquez fight. HELLO DING DONG THE 1ST ONE WAS A DRAW NOBODY LOST AND THEIR WAS A 2ND FIGHT TO PROVE WHO WON AND GUESS WHAT MANNY WON GET THAT THRU YOUR HEAD AND MOVE ON. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users