1 reply to this topic

#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,458 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 26, 2008 - 10:57 AM

wow i think this movie is gonna be a bust but anyways im just here to leave you guys the news

http://www.sohh.com/...robocop-an.html

With box office records being broken this summer from remakes of Batman and Indiana Jones, MGM is taking a cue from its competitors and is set to reboot its popular ’80’s franchise, RoboCop. Other movie franchises set to make a comeback are Harold & Kumar, Will Ferrell’s Anchorman and a new X-Men flick profiling the origin of Wolverine.

According to Variety, MGM is on track to relaunch the blockbuster action movie, RoboCop after a 21-year hiatus. The new installment of the superhero cop whose tagline is “part man, part machine and all cop,” will be written by David Self (13 Days) and directed by Darren Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream). Centered on a fatally wounded cop who returns to the police force, as a powerful cyborg haunted by submerged memories, this time MGM will take the sci-fi vigilante classic in a more noir direction.

After 1987’s RoboCop and its two sequels hit the big screen, the action packed film has emerged as top earner for the MGM film library, with 4.1 million DVDs sold worldwide. The series is particularly popular in Japan, Germany and the U.K.

Posted Image

#2 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 29, 2008 - 03:42 AM

:mellow: :mellow:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

1 user(s) are reading this topic