#1 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 28, 2009 - 04:56 PM

Considering getting this over keeping my Storm when it comes out. It's freaking sexy.

http://gizmodo.com/5...ts-a-terminator

Posted Image

HELLO HUMANS: DROID BY MOTOROLA ARRIVES NEXT WEEK

Verizon Wireless DROID By Motorola: World’s First Smartphone with Android™ 2.0

LAUREL, MD – High-speed Web browsing, voice-activated search,customizable large screen, access to thousands of Android applicationsand hundreds of widgets and the best 3G mobile network in the country:DROID by Motorola arrives on Nov. 6.

Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest wireless 3Gbroadband network, and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a pioneer in themobile industry, today unveiled DROID by Motorola, the first smartphonepowered by Android™ 2.0. DROID by Motorola features the brainpower andbreakneck speed of a modern smartphone, designed to outperform whereother smartphones fall short.

“We’re proud to work with Verizon Wireless and Google™ on the firstsmartphone to feature Android 2.0,” said Sanjay Jha, co-chief executiveofficer of Motorola and chief executive officer of Motorola MobileDevices. “DROID by Motorola delivers a rich consumer experience withwarp-speed Web browsing, a mammoth screen, and Motorola’s expertise indesign and voice quality. Combined with Android’s open, flexiblegraphical user interface and the power of Verizon Wireless’ 3G network,DROID is a smartphone that simply doesn’t compromise.”

“This is an exciting announcement for Verizon Wireless, as the DROID byMotorola is the first device that we are bringing to market under ourground-breaking strategic partnership with Google,” said John Stratton,executive vice president and chief marketing officer for VerizonWireless. “DROID by Motorola gives customers a lifestyle device withaccess to more than 12,000 applications that will help them stay intouch, up to date and entertained, using the best 3G network in thecountry.”

DROID by Motorola has a solid exterior, intelligent interior and is oneof the thinnest full-QWERTY slider phones available. It is a no-fuss,high-tech, location-aware, voice-recognizing, over-the-air updating,multi-tasking machine – and it is available just in time for holidaywish lists.

With DROID by Motorola, you can:

· Zip through the Web: Access the Internet at 3G speeds via thenation’s largest and most reliable 3G network or from any Wi-Fihotspot. The multi-window HTML browser with a massive processordelivers the Web the way you expect.

· See it all in cinema-style: View the Web, e-mail, Google Maps™,videos and more in widescreen on a brilliant 3.7” high-resolutionscreen. Boasting a width of 854 pixels to reduce the need forside-to-side panning and more than 400,000 pixels total, DROID has morethan twice that of the leading competitor.

· Run multiple applications at once: Customize your DROID withthousands of applications and hundreds of widgets available on AndroidMarket™. Toggle back and forth between up to six applications at a timeto juggle the universe and your apps.

· Perform Google Search™ at the speed of sound: Simply tell DROID whatyou’re looking for using voice-activated search, and it will serve upGoogle search results based on your location. If you want more, simplytype what you’re looking for into the search bar on the home screen andDROID will also search content on your phone, such as apps andcontacts, and the Web.

· Capture moments: Snap digital camera-quality photos with a 5megapixel camera loaded with the works, such as a dual-LED flash,AutoFocus and image stabilization, or capture your friend’s antics in16 million colors with DVD-quality video capture and playback. Store itall on the included 16 GB memory card, so you always have it on hand.

· Multi-task like a master: Keep tabs on all your messages withintegrated Gmail™ and Exchange e-mail pushed directly to you, but don’tlet them get in your way. With the handy Android notification panel, gostraight to the message or simply ignore it, and get back to the taskat hand. And, a smart dictionary learns as you type and automaticallyincludes your contacts.

· Get where you need to go with Google Maps Navigation (Beta): DROID isthe first device with Google Maps Navigation, providing turn-by-turnvoice guidance as a free feature of Google Maps. It’s powered by Googleand connected to the Internet. Use voice shortcuts and simply say“Navigate to [your destination],” and you’ll be on your way. See livetraffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, andget access to the most recent maps and business information from GoogleMaps without ever needing to update your device.

Pre-loaded Applications and Enhancements to Google Mobile Services:

· Google Maps: With layers in Google Maps, view geographic information,such as My Maps, Wikipedia, and transit lines, right on the map.

· Gmail: Multiple accounts support and undo for common operations.

· YouTube™: One-touch recording and playback from homescreen widget orapp, one-touch sharing with friends, and the ability to view your ownuploaded videos and high-resolution videos.

· Google Talk™: Easily switch between chats, search your chat history, and preview pictures and videos sent by links.

· Android Market: Browse and download applications created by third-party developers.

· Calendar: Ability to see who has R.S.V.P.’d to your meeting invitations.

· Facebook: Syncs Facebook contacts to your address book, and a livewidget gives the ability to update status and view latest updates fromfriends.

· Amazon MP3 Store: Download the latest tracks over the air.

· Verizon Wireless Visual Voice Mail: Delete, reply and forward voicemail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voiceinstructions.

Pricing and Availability:

· DROID by Motorola will be available in the United States exclusivelyat Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online on Friday, Nov. 6,for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement after a $100 mail-inrebate. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card;upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cardsare accepted.

· Experience the all-new DROID by Motorola at www.droiddoes.com.

· To get the most from DROID by Motorola smartphone, customers willneed to subscribe to a Nationwide voice plan and an Email and Web forSmartphone plan. Nationwide voice plans begin at $39.99 for monthlyaccess for 450 minutes and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan is$29.99 for monthly access.

Key Features:
  • Available Exclusively on Verizon Wireless
  • November 6th @ $200 with rebate/2-year contract
  • Android 2.0, including free Google Maps Navigation
  • 3.7-inch WVGA (480 x 854) capacitive touchscreen
  • ARM Cortex A8 CPU + PowerVR GPU - same combo in the iPhone 3GS
  • 1400 mAh battery - best battery life for Android yet
  • 5 megapixel autofocus camera with dual-LED flash
  • 480p (720 x 480) 24fps Video Recording
  • Super-slim but with a hardware keyboard
:rock: :rock: :rock:
Finally, Verizon stepping it's phone game up!

More pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 dodobird1988

dodobird1988

Ring Finger

• PipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • Name:your name
  • Fan Since:When I saw Kareem play ball with glasses on
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted October 29, 2009 - 09:09 AM

staying with my current phone

Posted Image
*<i>insert clever comment here</i>*

#3 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,512 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted October 29, 2009 - 12:31 PM

may have found my next phone...thanx RJ

Posted Image

#4 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

Posted October 29, 2009 - 11:52 PM

may have found my next phone...thanx RJ

No prob. I'm probably picking it up if I can get any takers on my Storm. It's one of PCWorld's highest rated cell phones ever. :rock::rock:

#5 xX24KBXx

xX24KBXx

Rookie

• 54 posts
  • Name:x2KB4x
  • Fan Since:1633
  • Fav. Laker:ǝqoʞ

Posted October 30, 2009 - 05:15 AM

damn.. im not sure.. but im sure this cant be unlocked because verizon doesnt take sim cards.. (right?)
but im gonna have to stick with the iphone.. ill be gettinga 3gs soon though so its not that bad..
droid is better.. in everyway.. but not too bad.. so i guess im not disappointed .. well maybe a lil..

#6 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

Posted October 30, 2009 - 10:05 AM

damn.. im not sure.. but im sure this cant be unlocked because verizon doesnt take sim cards.. (right?)
but im gonna have to stick with the iphone.. ill be gettinga 3gs soon though so its not that bad..
droid is better.. in everyway.. but not too bad.. so i guess im not disappointed .. well maybe a lil..

Actually Verizon does have SIM cards.

Spoiler

#7 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 30, 2009 - 06:36 PM

Get a Palm Pre with Sprint Everything, Unlimited Mobile to Mobile with any other carrier (Unlimited mins to any other cell phone nationwide!) and much cheaper plan that includes unlimited data, messaging & turn by turn navigation.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#8 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

Posted October 31, 2009 - 09:38 AM

Get a Palm Pre with Sprint Everything, Unlimited Mobile to Mobile with any other carrier (Unlimited mins to any other cell phone nationwide!) and much cheaper plan that includes unlimited data, messaging & turn by turn navigation.

:laughing: :laughing:

That phone is hideous. Not to mention it can only hold up to 8GB [vs. 16GB], has a 3.0 MP camera [vs. 5.0MP], no support for voice command, only has about 260 apps [compared to Android's 10,000+].

Why the hell would you get that phone, especially considering that Verizon has the best 3G coverage in the United States?

#9 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted October 31, 2009 - 09:52 AM

How much do you think it'll cost with an upgrade?

Posted Image

#10 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts

Posted November 01, 2009 - 09:35 AM

:laughing: :laughing:

That phone is hideous. Not to mention it can only hold up to 8GB [vs. 16GB], has a 3.0 MP camera [vs. 5.0MP], no support for voice command, only has about 260 apps [compared to Android's 10,000+].

Why the hell would you get that phone, especially considering that Verizon has the best 3G coverage in the United States?

I got it and I haven't even uses half the 8gigs with 10 music albums, 100's of pix and a lot of apps. A lot of apps doesn't mean ur getting a lot of good quality apps, there could be 10% of the apps being nothing but fart ish lol. Camera is a lot sicker than you'd think & the multitasking capability is crazy. Plus Sprints Everything plan saves you more money since everything is included (Unl Data, Unl Mobile to any Mobile on any carrier nationwide, Unl Messaging, etc) I'm tellin u homie ish is sick. Sprints 3G is ill too, its been the fastest i've ever used and never outa coverage & i've had verizon before too.

21lsbya.jpg

#11 rnd24

rnd24

Off The Bench

• 1,755 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:kb

Posted November 01, 2009 - 09:47 AM

i had an iphone 3gs and switched to a HTC touch pro 2 and i love it. I switched because i wanted a phone with a keyboard ^_^
When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"[/center]

#12 xX24KBXx

xX24KBXx

Rookie

• 54 posts
  • Name:x2KB4x
  • Fan Since:1633
  • Fav. Laker:ǝqoʞ

Posted November 01, 2009 - 10:15 AM

Actually Verizon does have SIM cards.

Spoiler

oh well most verizon phones dont have sim cards.. just googled droid and i guess theres a few verizon phones that have sim cards..

#13 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,004 posts

Posted November 01, 2009 - 04:39 PM

:omg: SEXY INDEED!!!

#14 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts

Posted November 01, 2009 - 04:49 PM

I don't understand how its sexy? Its a black shiny rectangle... but thats just me

21lsbya.jpg

#15 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted November 01, 2009 - 09:12 PM

because it looks good, to the point you pull it out of the pocket and people look at it and go...damn..thats nice...i want one.

i might get it on the 6th. i need a new phone and what better phone then that bad boy......usually dont get first gen phones, but it almost looks tooo good to pass up....

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#16 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts

Posted November 03, 2009 - 06:55 PM

Interesting.... :boxing:

Posted Image

21lsbya.jpg

#17 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted November 05, 2009 - 01:28 AM

staying with my current phone

Posted Image

:laughing:

My mom used to have that phone. It was cutting edge, when it came out. Prior to that, she had the a similar one, that was attached to a massive battery pack.

I really like that Droid, I wish they'd bring it to at&t. Though, there's a lot of new phones I currently have on my wish list, including the new Blackberry Storm and the Palm Pre. I'd even settle for an iPhone. I'm using a LG Vu right now. I kind of grew bored with it at first, but once I started modding it, with new themes and such... its become quite more pleasant to use. Mine's pretty customized at this point. The new Glassic theme they've done for it, kicks butt.

Site I use for it, is LG-VU

zombies.jpg

#18 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts

Posted November 05, 2009 - 01:43 AM

Here's another phone, that could possibly make a HUGE impact on the market. Its still in development stages, but the hardware specs are insane. Biggest problem they've got to overcome right now, is the battery drain. The hands-on demos they've given so far, it runs very sluggish, however those are tweaks that will be fixed, upon release. Again... the battery issue is the one that concerns me.

Sony Ericson XPERIA X10
Posted Image

Here’s the X10 specs rundown:

* Quad-band GSM/EDGE connectivity – 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, plus tri/quad-band HSPA 900/1700/2100 (T-Mobile (NYSE: DT) USA?) or 800/850/1900/2100 MHz
* 4-inch WVGA (480×854 pixels) capacitive touchscreen
* 8.1-megapixel auto-focus camera with an array of camera technologies including touch focus, face recognition, smile detection, image and video stabilizer, geo-tagging. LED flash
* 1GHz Qualcomm (NSDQ: QCOM) Snapdragon QSD8250 CPU!
* GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio jack
* 1GB of internal memory, plus a microSD memory card slot (8GB card should come in box)
* Google (NSDQ: GOOG) apps pre-loaded
* Android 1.6 Donut – I’m guessing it will be upgradable to 2.0 Eclair
* Size: 119×63x13 mm, weight: 135 grams
* Colors: Sensuous Black and Luster White

zombies.jpg

#19 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts

Posted November 05, 2009 - 02:18 AM

Another phone that looks promising, especially if they work out the kinks with the capacitive screen...

Looks to be a very nice social networking phone.

Posted Image

* T-Mobile USA will carry it (date/price unknown beyond 4Q)
* Orange in UK/France, Telefonica in Spain, American Movil in Latin America (date/price unknown)
* Full Touchscreen with FULL QWERTY side slider
* 320 x 480 pixel screen resolution
* Android 1.5 (Cupcake)
* 5MP camera with auto-focus
* 3.5mm headset jack
* MicroSD up to 32GB support
* 1420 mAh battery
* Syncs contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more—from sources such as Facebook®, MySpace, Twitter, Gmail™, work and personal e-mail, and LastFM
* 5 stellar homescreen widgets to keep you always in-the-know: Happenings, Messages, Social Status, News Feeds, Calendar… plus your widgets from Android Market
* MOTO Blur account allows you to back up your contacts/data, find a lost phone and easily integrate your existing contact info for friends/family/business

zombies.jpg

#20 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted November 05, 2009 - 03:45 AM

once you say t-mobile.....might as well throw it out the window.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users