Apple's iPod event (09.09.08)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:04 PM

My friend has a iphone and loves it, but i like verizon so im not going to change phone companies for it.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#62 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 15, 2008 - 03:14 PM

I wished I could shop on the US online apple store. Here is Spain the 32 gig Ipod touch is like 516 dollars with the euro-dollar change...

516?! thats kind of alot.
my cousin in the philippines [well hes in london now studying] asked his mom for the new touch.. but its about a $75 difference if you buy it there.. which sucks. I told him i could buy it for him here, but the problem is with the plugs.. if he got it here, he would need a converter for the plug.

#63 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted September 15, 2008 - 03:25 PM

Yeah its more expensive in Bangladesh too, my mom wants to buy a couple here and make a profit when she goes there. :lol:
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#64 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted September 15, 2008 - 05:49 PM

but i've read the iphone is not a really good phone.
I prefer having a good cellphone and and an Ipod touch. I don't think the battery would last long on the iphone...

speaking of, does anyone have an iPhone? How good is the battery life if you use it to play videos, music, surf the net, and make calls at the same time?

#65 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,584 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 15, 2008 - 11:36 PM

516?! thats kind of alot.
my cousin in the philippines [well hes in london now studying] asked his mom for the new touch.. but its about a $75 difference if you buy it there.. which sucks. I told him i could buy it for him here, but the problem is with the plugs.. if he got it here, he would need a converter for the plug.

Isn't it charged by USB? If it's charged by plug, you can always buy an extra plug at the country where you live.
My mom should be going to San francisco by the end of the month so I will ask her to buy one for me. But when you get yours you have to describe it for us, and tell us what you think- :rock:
Posted Image

#66 lqv2015

lqv2015

Rookie

• 632 posts

Posted September 16, 2008 - 08:46 AM

If your going to get a touch and pay alot, I rather pay and get a iphone 3g.
What ever you want thats in a touch is in a iphone.

iPhone's plan is too much $ in the long run. Not worth is especially with all the crash complaints & drop calls. I have a cheap flip phone w/ a cheap contract & a touch. Works for me.

#67 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,584 posts

Posted September 16, 2008 - 09:06 AM

iPhone's plan is too much $ in the long run. Not worth is especially with all the crash complaints & drop calls. I have a cheap flip phone w/ a cheap contract & a touch. Works for me.

So what are the pros and the bad things of the touch?
Posted Image

#68 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted September 16, 2008 - 10:05 AM

So what are the pros and the bad things of the touch?

cons:
-memory; 32GB may be enough for an average person, but I have several hundred gigs of music/movies/tv shows
-wi-fi only; I know it isn't the iphone and therefore you have no access to the ATT network, but having wi-fi sort of spoils you in a way that you want to have internet access everywhere you go.
-paying for updates; for those who bought the 1st gen ipod touch, you had to pay 20 bucks to add programs such as weather, maps, and mail. then it was 10 bucks to upgrade the software to 2.0. iphone users get free updates.

#69 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,584 posts

Posted September 16, 2008 - 10:35 AM

cons:
-memory; 32GB may be enough for an average person, but I have several hundred gigs of music/movies/tv shows
-wi-fi only; I know it isn't the iphone and therefore you have no access to the ATT network, but having wi-fi sort of spoils you in a way that you want to have internet access everywhere you go.
-paying for updates; for those who bought the 1st gen ipod touch, you had to pay 20 bucks to add programs such as weather, maps, and mail. then it was 10 bucks to upgrade the software to 2.0. iphone users get free updates.

How about the screen itself, fingerprints, scratches...?
Posted Image

#70 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 16, 2008 - 10:52 AM

How about the screen itself, fingerprints, scratches...?

The screen is really strong. Although it isn't scratch-proof, it would take a lot of force to scratch it. The back however scratches fairly easily, but that's how it is for all ipods with the metallic back I believe. Fingerprints aren't too much of a problem for me. Just get a case and screen protector. Shouldn't cost you more than 20 bucks for both.

#71 lqv2015

lqv2015

Rookie

• 632 posts

Posted September 16, 2008 - 09:14 PM

Worry about fingerprints or scratches? Get the InvisibleShield. Works great on my 1st gen.

#72 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,584 posts

Posted September 18, 2008 - 02:15 PM

What about battery life?

I really think I am going to buy the 32 gig touch. Have to see what MM says though :)
Posted Image

#73 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 18, 2008 - 02:36 PM

I haven't gone out of my way to test the battery life, but it appears to be as advertised, at least for the first gen, when it comes to music and movies (something like 20 hours for music, and 5 hours for video). Wi-fi tends to drain the battery quickly, so it should be turned off when not in use (you can turn off the wi-fi separately). You can probably get around 2 hours of web surfing in on a fully charged battery. Also the screen brightness will also attribute to less battery life, so try to make it as dim as possible, and make sure the screen is off when you put it in your pocket or whatever.

#74 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,584 posts

Posted September 18, 2008 - 02:38 PM

I haven't gone out of my way to test the battery life, but it appears to be as advertised, at least for the first gen, when it comes to music and movies (something like 20 hours for music, and 5 hours for video). Wi-fi tends to drain the battery quickly, so it should be turned off when not in use (you can turn off the wi-fi separately). You can probably get around 2 hours of web surfing in on a fully charged battery. Also the screen brightness will also attribute to less battery life, so try to make it as dim as possible, and make sure the screen is off when you put it in your pocket or whatever.

When you are listening to music and want to put it in your pocket, you have a locking feature right?
Posted Image

#75 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 18, 2008 - 02:44 PM

When you are listening to music and want to put it in your pocket, you have a locking feature right?

Yes and no. If off and in your pocket, accidently pressing the top button will turn on the screen. But you will need to actually slide your finger over the bottom of the screen in order to unlock it. Pressing the top button will turn off your screen and lock it. There's also an auto-lock feature.

Edited by daco_inc, September 18, 2008 - 02:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users