Photo

Celtics Really High On Bill Walker

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,579 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 08, 2008 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image

The Celtics were thinking of sending second-round pick Bill Walker overseas to refine his game, but they have been so impressed by him recently that he have opted to keep him on their NBA roster.

"We were thinking maybe of sending him overseas for a year," said GM Danny Ainge. "But the more we saw him working out, the more we saw him here, it was 'let's keep him here.'"

"He has had some knee injuries, but it certainly hasn't limited his athleticism. There are some maintenance issues, yes, but I think he's going to be fine to play. He has a chance to be part of our long-term future as well as short-term."

Walker was drafted by the Wizards with the 47th overall pick but landed in Boston via a trade. He is attempting to be active in his contract talks with the team.

"I pretty much learned everything I could, read anything I could get my hands on," Walker said. "I ask a lot of questions. If I'm going to the bank, I ask a lot of questions."

"It's not as hard as it seems, as people make it out to be. If you just stop being lazy and just read [the contract], it's that simple. I had some consulting, but for the most part, it's reading and deciphering the words, take some time and go through every word of the contract."

http://www.boston.co...s_ready_to_run/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users