Photo

Pistons Won't Trade Tayshaun Prince To Dallas (Pg. 4)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted June 16, 2010 - 05:41 PM

Can't catch the attractive part of this trade. Noc for Prince, if Detroit wants to get better, Noc is kinda the role player Prince's has become, better or worst, but very alike.

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#62 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,703 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 09, 2010 - 11:24 PM

Pistons Won't Move Tayshaun Prince Unless He Requests Trade

Posted Image

The Pistons won't trade forward Tayshaun Prince unless the veteran requests a deal, according to a source.

The source added that even if Detroit did trade Prince, they'd likely wait until closer to February's midseason trade deadline.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/08/mcgrady.pistons.aldridge/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

#63 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 11:09 AM

Tay for Chris Kaman?

Posted Image

Here's another name to consider: Clippers center Chris Kaman. Folks are watching what the Clippers are going to do after their 0-4 start, and the Pistons likely would let Prince go for one of the best centers in the league. Kaman also has a 15% trade kicker -- with a maximum value of $7.5 million -- in his contract.

http://www.freep.com/article/20101103/SPORTS03/11030388/1051/

#64 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,895 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 04, 2010 - 08:55 AM

The Clippers need the size.

What they have to find a deal for is either a team leader (Baron is far from it) in the back court or some kind of slashing SF.

Getting ride of the size they have is taking 2 steps back for 1 step forward. Wait this is the Clippers, so...

#65 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted November 08, 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hawks Interested In Tayshaun Prince?

Posted Image

Sekou Smith of NBA.com wrote Monday of a trade rumor that would send Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince to the Hawks.

Smith wrote of a deal that would send Prince and perhaps another player, such as Will Bynum, to Atlanta in exchange for Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague.

A league scout told Smith that the Pistons have to do something in regards to their roster.

"Detroit has to do something," the scout said. "They're not going anywhere with the group they have. They know it and everyone else knows it. So Tayshaun or Rip, one or both of them have to be in play if they're going to start the rebuilding process properly."

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/11/08/trade-chatter-still-bubbling/

Stupid trade. Why do the Pistons need another 3 when they have Marvin Williams? And why would they get another 2 when they have Rip?

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, November 08, 2010 - 01:57 PM.

#66 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted November 08, 2010 - 06:51 PM

Marvin Williams should be their 6th man, and I still have the feeling that Rip is going to New Orleans.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#67 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted November 08, 2010 - 06:54 PM

tayshaun prince is doo doo now

bw1wOGf.png

#68 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 11:30 AM

Tayshaun Prince To Hawks Rumor Shot Down

Posted Image

A rumor reported on NBA.com about the Pistons trading Tayshaun Prince to the Atlanta Hawks is not true, a Pistons source said Monday. The report suggested that Prince and Will Bynum might be traded for former Michigan player Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague.

http://detnews.com/article/20101108/SPORTS0102/11080416/1127/

#69 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 22, 2011 - 04:31 PM

Pistons Want To Re-Sign Tayshaun Prince

Posted Image

Terry Foster / The Detroit News

Auburn Hills — Pistons president Joe Dumars said Tuesday he wants to begin talks to sign Tayshaun Prince to a new contract once the season is done. That is if Prince isn't dealt before Thursday's 3 p.m. trade deadline — and all indications point to Prince remaining a Piston for the final 25 games of the season.

Prince, 30, has said he wants to remain a Piston but would not be opposed to being traded to an NBA title contender. But Dumars hopes Prince remains with the Pistons and said he will trade him only if presented with an unbelievable deal.

Advertisement

Prince is in the final year of his contract; his salary this season is $11.1 million.

"I would," Dumars said when asked if he would like Prince to return next season. "And we've talked about that. Tayshaun has been good here for a long time so I absolutely want to have that conversation at some point."

Prince doesn't think he'll be traded

"It was brought up that if I could go to a team where I could win, my answer was yes," Prince said. "But at the same time, if it did not pan out, of course I would want to finish the final 25 games. I've been through the good times and the bad times. I never once walked in there (to Dumars' office) and said I've got to go. I've struck through the thick and thin."

Dumars said he has been given permission to make trades, despite the possible sale of the team soon. But it is believed he cannot make a trade for a player with a long-term contract or a high salary. He is allowed to trade for draft picks and expiring contracts.

"There are some parameters for us to make a deal," Dumars said. "Yes, I can make a deal, but it has to fit within the parameters."

Dumars said he has had trade talks with many teams over the past few weeks, but added, "Now we don't have a deal to pull the trigger on."

Dumars said he doesn't know if the team will trade Richard Hamilton. He refused comment about the strained relationship between Hamilton and coach John Kuester.

"As I've said before, I will deal with that stuff privately," Dumars said.

http://detnews.com/article/20110222/SPORTS0102/102220407/Joe-Dumars-wants-Tayshaun-Prince-back-with-Pistons#ixzz1EidXzNii

#70 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 24, 2011 - 11:39 AM

Pistons Won't Trade Tayshaun Prince To Dallas

Posted Image

Detroit won't deal Tayshaun Prince to Mavs for Caron Butler and a 1st. Even if Pistons can't re-sign him, he's asset in sign-and-trade.

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/40827968871866369

#71 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 09:38 AM

Tayshaun Prince Assured Pistons Won't Include Him In Trade Discussions

Posted Image

Tayshaun Prince has been assured the Detroit Pistons won’t field trade offers for him, and the two sides have “never” discussed dealing Prince, agent Bill Duffy told RealGM in an extended feature profile.

“I know there are a lot of contending teams that I can help,” Prince told RealGM. “But right now, this is the team I have to help. Everybody wants to be in the position where they have a chance of winning a championship every year, but obviously it doesn’t work that way.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225576/Prince_Assured_Pistons_Wont_Include_Him_In_Trade_Discussions

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users