Photo

Suggestions about forums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 18, 2009 - 11:45 AM

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29649-gallery-and-theater-forums/page__view__findpost__p__517516

4 out of 5 people agree so far, and all people who have voted have under 25 posts in the forums, combined. I think it's a good idea to move and rename the topics to Lakers talk.

Why was that moved into 'resolved topics' when it hasn't even BEEN resolved? and why is it now in a way locked where you can't respond to it all? WTF? Anyway, I, like the majority obviously voted yes. Fantastic suggestions Base.

& damn it too, the pass the mic especially should be moved into the off topic already, what's so hard about that? It's a no brainer. It'd do much better there.

#62 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 18, 2009 - 12:50 PM

Why was that moved into 'resolved topics' when it hasn't even BEEN resolved? and why is it now in a way locked where you can't respond to it all? WTF?

Because this thread already exist. No point of having two thread of pretty much the same topic.

#63 Guest_KBTWOFOUR_*

Guest_KBTWOFOUR_*

Posted October 18, 2009 - 01:27 PM

Why was that moved into 'resolved topics' when it hasn't even BEEN resolved? and why is it now in a way locked where you can't respond to it all? WTF? Anyway, I, like the majority obviously voted yes. Fantastic suggestions Base.

& damn it too, the pass the mic especially should be moved into the off topic already, what's so hard about that? It's a no brainer. It'd do much better there.

Both threads are talking about the similar things.

The Gallery and Media forum would be a lot more active, if people post in the correct forums.

#64 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted October 18, 2009 - 02:45 PM

The Gallery and Media forum would be a lot more active, if people post in the correct forums.

Some people don't even know it exists. Mods don't move the threads to the correct forum despite knowing that it's in the wrong forum? Might as well move them (the forums) to Lakers talk so people know about the forums and are more likely to post in the correct forum rather than clutter lakers talk with those kinds of posts.

Also, as you as a mod should be moving the threads into the correct forum. Chicano made threads with game photos in Lakers talk, but it wasn't moved? Any reason to that?

"Fan Photos" are useless, people make their own threads in lakers talk about how they were at the game or saw a Lakers player and was excited to take a picture with them.

So that's why I say Sub-forums of "Lakers On/Off-Court Pictures" and "Laker Clips/Mixes/Wallpaper" would sum up what needs to be posted in Gallery and Theater and should be moved to Lakers Talk.

Also I made a separate thread to explain in detail why I think those two forums in particular should be moved and I wanted to see what people think. As you can see from my 7 suggestions, not all of them were agreed upon by everyone. Opinions for the individual moves are different. I think you should move the thread back so you can see other peoples opinions instead of you guys deciding on weather you should move it or not. If the majority of the people who vote agree, it SHOULD be a good idea.

Also, Nissan. I was wondering if you voted on the thread I made that you locked? If so, what did you vote for and why?

Edited by Base, October 18, 2009 - 03:17 PM.

#65 lakerstefi

lakerstefi

Polakers

• 2,392 posts

Posted October 18, 2009 - 03:52 PM

Shouldn't, for example, the Lakers vs. Bobcats highlights go into the theater forum then?

#66 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 18, 2009 - 09:22 PM

Umm... why was the game photos thread moved suddenly after weeks & weeks into the gallery section all of a sudden? who did this and why? didn't we already discuss the FACT of how it gets way less views there by far? as that place is pretty hidden?

not nearly even half as many people see it

http://lakernation.c...-game-4-photos/

???

:blink:

#67 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts

Posted October 18, 2009 - 10:26 PM

I've read through some of the posts members and mods have chimed into and taken them all in consideration...

I need people to send me over PM's with their suggestions. However, if you guys want to decide one person to handle the suggestion, have that suggestion PM'ed to me too.

I might do some of the things suggested or not. I might even do something on my own. But just let me know exactly what you guys want.

After I get the submission(s), I'll implement them when I see fit.

Thanks!

For people that want something done, I have not received one PM at all.

#68 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted October 20, 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hi Nuggsie. :hi:

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#69 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 08:30 PM

Hi Nuggsie. :hi:

yo.

Only received 1 PM. You got 'til Sunday to send them over, 'cause I'll be making the changes on Monday.

#70 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

God

• 3,749 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 24, 2009 - 10:55 PM

i miss the garbage pit :(

#71 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 25, 2009 - 12:09 AM

Do locked threads go to somewhere we can't see? That wasn't the point of removing the garbage pit. Locked threads should just stay in the forum.

#72 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts

Posted October 26, 2009 - 11:40 AM

Done.

#73 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 26, 2009 - 12:01 PM

What are all the changes Nuggy?

#74 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts

Posted October 26, 2009 - 12:09 PM

What are all the changes Nuggy?

Moved Gallery and Theater to Lakers Talk and made the VOTN forum to a single thread on LT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users