• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#161 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted September 28, 2008 - 10:37 PM

the game is so much better than wayne it is ridiculous

i don't hate lil wayne but i do find it intriguing that as most hip hop fans know lil wayne has been around for a while now yet he didn't become so popular till the carter 3

it shows you that a bulk of his fan base is pop music listeners

his audience is the same as 50 cent
Posted Image

#162 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted September 28, 2008 - 10:45 PM

Lupe Fiasco and Lil' Wayne are both among the best of the young crop of rappers out there, for different reasons and with different skill sets and different flaws.

The fact that there are people in this thread arguing that one sucks and the other rules (esp. when basing their judgments on extremely narrow-minded criteria and offering nothing remotely close to sophisticated music criticism) is a testament to how little the debaters know about music and pop culture.

This thread is a joke.

its hilarious how in every thread you come in a dismiss everyones opinion as

stupid
ignorant
unintelligent

i don't care how smart you are or think you are a person of intelligence does not venture from thread to thread telling everyone how unintelligent they are.

an intelligent person shows hes smart through a well thought out arguement and using that to compare to other posters arguements to his/her own

what you are doing is coming into this forum and using poetic language in an attempt to dismiss everyones intelligence proclaiming your idea that not only are you the smartest person on this forum but also the most cultured and sophisticated

am i perfect no but i try my best to argue each point individually instead of generalizing every person in the thread as inferior

you on the other hand generalize which instead of making you look intelligent makes you look pompus
Posted Image

#163 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2008 - 11:08 PM

the game is so much better than wayne it is ridiculous

i don't hate lil wayne but i do find it intriguing that as most hip hop fans know lil wayne has been around for a while now yet he didn't become so popular till the carter 3

it shows you that a bulk of his fan base is pop music listeners

his audience is the same as 50 cent

No offense homie but you shouldnt compare a overrated rapper with a overrated rapper. I think The Game is definitely better than Wayne but he is just as overrated as Wayne is, most of his verses are similar and whenevr he is on a track with another rapper he is outclassed. And Wayne was getting big in the hood after Tha Carter I and through Tha Drought mixtapes. He got overblown and overrated by the general public once his music reached the suburbs after Tha Carter II.

#164 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted September 28, 2008 - 11:17 PM

No offense homie but you shouldnt compare a overrated rapper with a overrated rapper. I think The Game is definitely better than Wayne but he is just as overrated as Wayne is, most of his verses are similar and whenevr he is on a track with another rapper he is outclassed. And Wayne was getting big in the hood after Tha Carter I and through Tha Drought mixtapes. He got overblown and overrated by the general public once his music reached the suburbs after Tha Carter II.

the game gets outclassed sometimes because he gets called to appear on tracks with guys like nas, common, chef, ice cube

those are guys that would outclass anyone

lil wayne is a fad one that will blow over his gimmicky voice and his swagger will go from popular to annoying in a short period of time

i compare wayne's rise to 50 cents and like 50 cent i think people will just get tired of him and stop buying his stuff.

as nas said game is the most talented young MC in the game

while the game does not bring it 100% of the time when he does he brings it as good as anyone
Posted Image

#165 MACP.A.T.

MACP.A.T.

Rookie

• 70 posts

Posted September 29, 2008 - 09:13 AM

Lil Wayne would rap circles around The Game.

#166 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted September 29, 2008 - 11:07 AM

exactly we got a lot of haters on TLN you guys hate on people for crucifying Kobe but you guys are doing the same to Lil Wayne what's up with that

What's up with that? Kobe is undoubtedly one of the top players to ever play the game. He's actually one of the greats of his profession. Lil' Wayne is nothing more than a fad. As some of his fans have pointed out already, his older stuff is apparently better, so he's obviously declining in the talent department. His fame is unwarranted since he isn't famous for his older, better material, but for the trash, pop/rap crap he's put out in the mainstream. That is what is up with that.

#167 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted September 29, 2008 - 01:01 PM

says suburbia teeny boppers
Posted Image

#168 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted September 29, 2008 - 01:21 PM

With what lyrics ''no homo like Tony Romo'' that doesn't make any sense.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#169 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted September 29, 2008 - 08:00 PM

With what lyrics ''no homo like Tony Romo'' that doesn't make any sense.

Are you referring to when he said "you ________ suck like Tony Romo, no homo" in Back on My Grizzy off Drought 3?

He was using the word suck in 2 different ways at the same time. It was both a diss to Romo on the field and "suck" as in sucking (blank)

That's what I meant earlier in the thread when I said you have to THINK about what he's saying and use your imagination.

But right now this thread is only going in circles. People repeating the same ish over and over or jocking what someone else has already said.

Edited by Heir, September 29, 2008 - 08:06 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#170 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 29, 2008 - 10:35 PM

:lol:

Game would destroy Lil' Wayne. Wayne don't want it with Game. ;)

#171 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Tyronn Lue

Posted September 30, 2008 - 05:46 AM

Lil Wayne is a decent rapper, but crazily overrated.

He shows some flashes of being an intelligent rapper with something to say, but then you play his next song and its the most corny, mainstream shi you ever heard.

#172 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 30, 2008 - 09:29 AM

:lol:

Game would destroy Lil' Wayne. Wayne don't want it with Game. :wub:

Obviously he did.

Edited by lakerswiz, September 30, 2008 - 09:30 AM.

#173 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted September 30, 2008 - 10:04 AM

Are you referring to when he said "you ________ suck like Tony Romo, no homo" in Back on My Grizzy off Drought 3?

He was using the word suck in 2 different ways at the same time. It was both a diss to Romo on the field and "suck" as in sucking (blank)

That's what I meant earlier in the thread when I said you have to THINK about what he's saying and use your imagination.

But right now this thread is only going in circles. People repeating the same ish over and over or jocking what someone else has already said.

LOL those are the lyrics we have to think about? No need to clarify. It's clear what he was saying, popo just misheard/misquoted him. If those are the lyrics that make you think, then I guess there's not much else to say except, "wow". Is that one of his so-called "clever" similes? :lol: this dude is worse than I thought. "suck like tony romo, no homo"........wow. You sure you aren't mistaken and this line is actually from an amateur open-mic night at your local 18 and under club?

#174 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted July 23, 2009 - 03:12 PM

He made 'Kobe Bryant', 'KOBE BRYANT'...

#175 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 23, 2009 - 03:24 PM

Why are you bumping super-old threads? The mods will just end up locking it.

#176 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted July 23, 2009 - 03:33 PM

Why are you bumping super-old threads? The mods will just end up locking it.

Why would the mods lock it for now reason ?

#177 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 23, 2009 - 03:54 PM

Why would the mods lock it for now reason ?

That's what they did with the Nick Van Exel thread in Lakers Talk that got bumped and it was only around 3-4 months old. This is from September.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users