Lil Wayne is trash

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#41 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Rookie

• 1,215 posts

Posted September 08, 2008 - 05:03 PM

Lil Wayne is trash? :lol: Most of yall hatin on this man prob havent even listened to most of his work, prob just listened to Lollipop and wrote him off. I aint a huge Wayne fan but the man has some skill, most of his mixtapes were hot. I dont think he is the best rapper alive or even close to the top twenty but he is just hated on cuz everybody is doing it. And the only reason he is big is cuz he was huge in the hood for a while and once the public got on him he blew up and made his music suffer. Its just like 50, I aint a fan of him but he had some ill underground stuff and once the public caught and he blew up he became garbage.

I gotta agree with you.

Lil Wayne is not garbage. Maybe he is overrated (Which I believe), but he is a good rapper.

#42 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted September 08, 2008 - 06:57 PM

YOU LISTEN TO A MILLI,

only cuz my sis waz listenin 2 it an shes like oh not 2 change da station but i ended up changing it anywaz. but hes a good rapper
Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#43 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:24 PM

Lil Wayne is trash? :lol: Most of yall hatin on this man prob havent even listened to most of his work, prob just listened to Lollipop and wrote him off. I aint a huge Wayne fan but the man has some skill, most of his mixtapes were hot. I dont think he is the best rapper alive or even close to the top twenty but he is just hated on cuz everybody is doing it. And the only reason he is big is cuz he was huge in the hood for a while and once the public got on him he blew up and made his music suffer. Its just like 50, I aint a fan of him but he had some ill underground stuff and once the public caught and he blew up he became garbage.

Of course I haven't listened to most of his work; the music I've heard so far has been bad enough. So what if his mixtapes were great, that doesn't write off the fact that his mainstream music is torture upon the ears. I don't hate him because everyone else is hating him; I hate him because his music is garbage.

Big deal if he was big in the hood, he should have stayed there and continued to make music instead of his current trash. How did the public "blow up" his ability to create good music? If his music was good enough in the hood or in the mixtapes, why didn't he keep making the same kind of music instead of this "Lollipop" or "A Milli" trash?

The public didn't destroy 50, he simply lost his edge and became trash, much like Lil Wayne is going to become in a matter of years unless he can turn back into the Lil Wayne on mixtapes that his fans have been raving about. Frankly, I'm not impressed with this guy, and I can't stand listening to him at all. Ever.

#44 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:39 PM

oh wow, i cant believe this thread is here, im not gonna get in it but too many people hate on me for hating on wayne .... just take a look at this thread

http://lakernation.c...p?showtopic=196
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#45 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Of course I haven't listened to most of his work; the music I've heard so far has been bad enough. So what if his mixtapes were great, that doesn't write off the fact that his mainstream music is torture upon the ears. I don't hate him because everyone else is hating him; I hate him because his music is garbage.

Big deal if he was big in the hood, he should have stayed there and continued to make music instead of his current trash. How did the public "blow up" his ability to create good music? If his music was good enough in the hood or in the mixtapes, why didn't he keep making the same kind of music instead of this "Lollipop" or "A Milli" trash?

The public didn't destroy 50, he simply lost his edge and became trash, much like Lil Wayne is going to become in a matter of years unless he can turn back into the Lil Wayne on mixtapes that his fans have been raving about. Frankly, I'm not impressed with this guy, and I can't stand listening to him at all. Ever.

You dont understand the fact that once the public got hold of him, he made more popish songs to get more money? Its pretty simple idea, not to hard to understand. He still makes his mixtapes w And how did 50 lose his edge? The man went from Power of the Dollar to GRODT to The Massacre. As you go down the list, 50 got bigger and his music became more commercial. It happens to all the main artists, once you get big you get more commercial to get more money.

And how are you complainin if you havent even listened to most of his work? If you are basing your opinion on Lollipop and A Milli, then you really have no reason to judge his work. That would be like listenin to Oochie Wally and Nas is terrible by that one song

#46 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:49 PM

To be honest, I had no clue who this guy was until I heard "Lollipop" on the radio.

This where I stopped reading the thread.

#47 PheNoM

PheNoM

Rookie

• 320 posts

Posted September 08, 2008 - 08:52 PM

Posted Image

Can you get me that GIF without the SMH, and in 10 KB? LOL.
http://www.cashcrate.com/2692074
This site is100% legit. Easy way to make money. SIGN UP! Message me ASAP when you have signed up.

#48 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted September 08, 2008 - 08:56 PM

:mitch: :nono: i am in love with this thread

i have no clue how people call lil waynes stuff music. i am fed up with "lil wayne is the greatest rapper on earth" and whatnot. like i said before, lil wayne is a trend, not music. i still dont understand i people enjoy whatever he does. and i hate how people say i dont listen to him enough when i say his stuff sucks, they cant ever give me one good song but they insist on telling me that his stuff doesnt suck

Edited by azk81, September 08, 2008 - 08:57 PM.

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#49 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 08, 2008 - 09:24 PM

:mitch: :nono: i am in love with this thread

i have no clue how people call lil waynes stuff music. i am fed up with "lil wayne is the greatest rapper on earth" and whatnot. like i said before, lil wayne is a trend, not music. i still dont understand i people enjoy whatever he does. and i hate how people say i dont listen to him enough when i say his stuff sucks, they cant ever give me one good song but they insist on telling me that his stuff doesnt suck

Who the hell said Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper of all time? He might say it, but most fans know he isnt.
If you listen to Hustler's Musik, his verse on Hollywood Divorce, 3 da hard way, Lil girl gone, etc you would see he has some skill. I have no problem with people not liking Wayne, I'm not even a fan of him but if you havent even listened to some of his older stuff you dont know anything bout him

#50 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 09, 2008 - 05:36 AM

only cuz my sis waz listenin 2 it an shes like oh not 2 change da station but i ended up changing it anywaz. but hes a good rapper

how can you possibly think his a good rapper but you still dont listen to him. if you dont listen to someone how would you know if his good or bad.
Posted Image

#51 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 02:19 PM

This where I stopped reading the thread.

Well, that's too bad, considering I backed up my point afterward.

#52 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 02:26 PM

You dont understand the fact that once the public got hold of him, he made more popish songs to get more money? Its pretty simple idea, not to hard to understand. He still makes his mixtapes w And how did 50 lose his edge? The man went from Power of the Dollar to GRODT to The Massacre. As you go down the list, 50 got bigger and his music became more commercial. It happens to all the main artists, once you get big you get more commercial to get more money.

And how are you complainin if you havent even listened to most of his work? If you are basing your opinion on Lollipop and A Milli, then you really have no reason to judge his work. That would be like listenin to Oochie Wally and Nas is terrible by that one song

I'm judging Lil Wayne based on the crap he has out in the present. I don't care for anything he may have done in the past or on his mixtapes or any of that crap. I'm judging him based on the crap he's been writing as of late.

So what if he went commercial to get more money? Doesn't change the fact that his current music is torture on the ears.

Sure, artists will have songs that aren't as good as others, but from what I've heard from Lil Wayne, not only "A Milli" and "Lollipop" (these songs being examples used in this thread), he hasn't produced anything that I've heard as of yet that made me go " :rock: That's awesome".

Care to post a song or two that would change my mind, because, as of right now, Lil Wayne is not a a great music artist.

#53 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 02:42 PM

Who the hell said Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper of all time? He might say it, but most fans know he isnt.
If you listen to Hustler's Musik, his verse on Hollywood Divorce, 3 da hard way, Lil girl gone, etc you would see he has some skill. I have no problem with people not liking Wayne, I'm not even a fan of him but if you havent even listened to some of his older stuff you dont know anything bout him

Let's take a look at Hustler's Musik, shall we?

Verse 1:

Hit me
[expletive]
You already know x4
Damn
It's datt hustler musik
Young Wezzy got dat mutha[expletive]in hustler musik
So ride to it yo, vibe to it yo
Damn

Goddamn
Missed and hit a [expletive] in his head with dis one
Ima paint da city red wit dis one
I'm ahead wit dis one
See u [expletive]in wit da boys who tote toyz way b4 christmas.
No assisstance just that persistance with That committment if- I don't get it somebody gone die tonite-
I kno my vibe is tight- And I deserve da throne- and if da kid ain't right-den let me die in this song
See I'll be ridin
Just Ridin alone
Wit my daddy on my mind like u gotta be kiddin
How da hell u ain't here 2 see ya prince do his thing
Sometimes I wanna drop a tear but no emotions from a king
Shall be
So I be who I be that's me.
Dats Weezy F. Baby and
Please say da mother[expletive]in
So I be who I be that's me
Dats Weezy F. Baby and
Please say da mother[expletive]in

[Chorus]
Baby u gotta kno dat I'm just out here doin what I gotta do 4 me and u and we eatin
So [expletive]
Y da [expletive] iz u trippin.
I'm takin dese chances
My head 2 da sky
My feet on da ground
My fingas 2 da judge if da money don't move
Then I won't budge (won't budge)
No I won't budge
No naw

Is he rapping about anything meaningful? No. What the hell is the point of this song?

Now, his verse from Hollywood Drive:

You can call me a roller
Your grill's glistenin'
Spent a hundred thousand on mine to feel different - what's the real sense of it?
Uhhh Bling bling, I know
and did you know I'm the creator of the term
I just straightened the perm and let it sit too long, they just makin it burn
Make a movie of our lifestyle
But they earn like a dead body burned on a mantlepiece
That's why I try not to lie on wax like this candle grease
and I be's the little [expletive] cooler than anti-freeze defrost on your window pane - Lil Wayne
but in Hollywood it's Litt-le Wayne
don't make me not
so that's why I got a pre-nup - I do

Let's see, he sang about his grill, his perm, not trying to lie on wax, and the fact that he considers himself "cooler than anti-freeze". Very deep.

I checked out "Lil girl gone bad" as well, and was somewhat impressed that his lyrics actually had some meaning to them, but then I quickly realized that the song was not his. Why can't he make any music by himself that has any remote meaning to it? So far, I haven't seen anything from him with any meaning or depth. That's why I consider him trash.

#54 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 03:22 PM

actually huslters musik is a pretty dope song.
Posted Image

#55 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 03:29 PM

actually huslters musik is a pretty dope song.

What's so great about the song? Other than the fact that it has a decent tune, he's not singing about anything at all. I still don't understand any message he may be conveying through his music. What's the point of singing on a track if no one knows what you're saying? Why the hell do they even need his lyrics on the song,; the song would've been no different without his vocals.

#56 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 03:44 PM

not all songs have to have messages in them, and there is a message in this song. his doing what ever he can to put food on the table and [expletive]. also his flow is good his lyrics are ight too. you do not judge a song just cuz its not meaningful
Posted Image

#57 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 03:44 PM

not all songs have to have messages in them, and there is a message in this song. his doing what ever he can to put food on the table and [expletive]. also his flow is good his lyrics are ight too. you do not judge a song just cuz its not meaningful
Posted Image

#58 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 03:53 PM

Yea I'm not a Wayne fan and just overall hate his sound like I said, but not every song has to have a message. There's always gonna be some variety, the whole world can't produce music only me and you like.

With that being said, remember that most of B.I.G.'s music had to do with money, hoes, luxuries, etc etc. And he's one of the greatest. But that's where he's different from Weezy F Baby. Notorious had one of the sickest flows ever and could form a story in your head, while Wayne sounds like he's crying.

The point still is though that not all music needs a message.

#59 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 03:56 PM

ITS THE KIDS WHO BUY HIS ALBUM, LIL WAYNE IS ADVERTISE TO KIDS LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IS ADEVERTISE, KIDS TRYING TO BE POPULAR, THATS WHY PPL BUY HIS [expletive]

#60 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts

Posted September 09, 2008 - 03:59 PM

Yea I'm not a Wayne fan and just overall hate his sound like I said, but not every song has to have a message. There's always gonna be some variety, the whole world can't produce music only me and you like.

With that being said, remember that most of B.I.G.'s music had to do with money, hoes, luxuries, etc etc. And he's one of the greatest. But that's where he's different from Weezy F Baby. Notorious had one of the sickest flows ever and could form a story in your head, while Wayne sounds like he's crying.

The point still is though that not all music needs a message.

Yeah, I agree that all songs do not need a message, but Wayne doesn't really have anything else to rely on. His voice isn't that great, his lyrics are weak, his music isn't jawdropping or anything of the like. In my opinion, his music is just empty. Wayne can't form a story, can't sing about anything meaningful, his voice is painful, and his beats/tunes are mediocre. I don't see where all the hype for the guy is coming from, he hasn't done anything very impressive as of yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users