Photo

Phoenix Suns Look To Bolster Defense

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 07, 2008 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image

The Suns have five new players among the thirteen on their roster, and they hope to bolster their defense this season.

"Our defense will be better just because we're going to have different schemes," said new Coach Terry Porter. "It's always a challenge when you get a new group together. You have to see how everyone responds and plays off each other. From an energy standpoint, we're going to be solid. Effort is going to be consistent. It really comes down to having more of a presence at the defensive end."

Lopez will bring a hard-working attitude off the bench, as will defensively-oriented guard Sean Singletary.

"I don't foresee scoring to be a problem going forward," Porter said. "Are we going to be scoring 115 a night? Probably not. I'd like to be a team that defends a lot better. That's going to be a focus of ours. And a team that scores in the 100s.

"I'm more of a traditional type of guy about guys playing the same positions and traditional sets. I'll be running pretty basic NBA sets but just have different wrinkles than they've had in years past."

http://www.azcentral...04spt-suns.html

#2 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted September 07, 2008 - 02:25 PM

So what have they been doing the past 3-4 season with D'antoni? Practicing pure offense? :clap:

Made By Vaporize

#3 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted September 07, 2008 - 03:32 PM

Again, another interesting choice for the picture. :lol: Let's see how this Phoenix Suns team performs this upcoming season.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#4 The Original 81

The Original 81

TLN Rep: New York

• 323 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 07, 2008 - 03:44 PM

It may be a little improved but not that much. Nash is still a liability, Stoudemire is a good weakside help defender but in terms of man-to-man has poor lateral movement, Grant Hill is about 90 years old, and Shaq will only play defense when he feels like it, which is not often.

#5 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted September 07, 2008 - 08:00 PM

It's hard to play D when your best defender is Bell, and don't get me started on Snaq's P&R D...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#6 KB24@CL

KB24@CL

Rookie

• 37 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted September 08, 2008 - 02:25 AM

Nash, Amare,Shaq, Hill...4 matadors in the starting lineup...so go figure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users