Omar Vizquel Plans To Become Matador

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 29, 2009 - 06:02 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=4512813

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Omar Vizquel is done catching massive snakes. Next up, he wants to become a matador.

The Texas Rangers infielder, who last winter searched for anacondas, plans to try bullfighting when he goes home to Venezuela this winter.

"Just go and learn the basics and stuff," Vizquel said. "It's one of my things on the to-do list. There's a lot of things still to do."

There are few players who can match Vizquel's offseason pursuits. Among the other adventures he hopes for: parachuting, flying in an F-16 jet and attending all three Triple Crown horse races.

Posted Image

A grand tour to see the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes and Belmont Stakes might have to wait because the 42-year-old Vizquel, already the oldest position player in the major leagues, intends to come back next year for a 22nd season.

"When I retire and have some free time, I want to do the three races," he said.

Vizquel said Sunday that he is planning to play another season because he feels pretty good and "better take advantage of it" while he feels that way.
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

This kinda came outta' nowhere to me, but I bet he could pull it off.

#2 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted September 30, 2009 - 07:54 AM

No freakin' way...lol...

I hope he doesn't get killed, he's so tiny...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#3 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted September 30, 2009 - 09:14 AM

Oh wow. This is freaking awesome.

#4 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,179 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 30, 2009 - 09:30 AM

little omar vizquel doing all these things?? i would have never known he's into all this extreme things without reading the article.

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 30, 2009 - 09:33 AM

Does this guy seek death?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,179 posts

Posted September 30, 2009 - 09:57 AM

Does this guy seek death?

im sure he doesn't seek death. he's just looking for a thrill, a rush, to get the adrenaline pumping. a lot pf people like that. and im sure he understands the risks and dangers that go with what he's doing.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted September 30, 2009 - 09:58 AM

I think its ironic that he is one the all time great defensive players in baseball and he wants to become a matador. :laughing:

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted September 30, 2009 - 10:05 AM

im sure he doesn't seek death. he's just looking for a thrill, a rush, to get the adrenaline pumping. a lot pf people like that. and im sure he understands the risks and dangers that go with what he's doing.

There are much more safer ways to do that. If he wants a "thrill"...a "rush"...he can have sex or hey! play MLB!

Why risk death by messing with an animal thats over a ton and another animal thats among the biggest serpents in the world.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,179 posts

Posted September 30, 2009 - 10:42 AM

There are much more safer ways to do that. If he wants a "thrill"...a "rush"...he can have sex or hey! play MLB!

Why risk death by messing with an animal thats over a ton and another animal thats among the biggest serpents in the world.

maybe the things you mentioned just don't quite do it for him anymore. he needs more than that to feel what he wants to feel. some people are like that. things that people find thrilling others find boring so they look for a more dangerous experience, like bullfighting and searching for anacondas, etc.

#10 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted September 30, 2009 - 10:48 AM

maybe the things you mentioned just don't quite do it for him anymore. he needs more than that to feel what he wants to feel. some people are like that. things that people find thrilling others find boring so they look for a more dangerous experience, like bullfighting and searching for anacondas, etc.

Do it? Do what? There's something to be said about valuing your life ya know?

There are much more safer and more responsible ways to get a thrill.

He wants to feel? Messing with a bull and an anaconda? Yeh, he'll feel something alright. Does this guy have a wife and kids? Thats irresponsible of him.

I don't think it has anything to do with boring so much as those actions being life threatning.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users