Questions about +1 system

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hello admins, I hope someone can help me out.

About the +1 system, can mods/admins see who left the +1 for each post, or is there a way for you guys to see it?

Also, is there any penalties for "cheating" the system, like telling people to +1 you 100 times in random posts so people will think you're teh uber cool.... or will you guys not really care so it doesn't matter?

Thanks a lot.

#2 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted September 28, 2009 - 11:49 PM

Well, I don't think that you can punish people for giving out +1's to people. Their argument will be "it seemed good, and I agreed with the content". There should definitely be a link to who gave out the +1 and for what post. Or maybe, like Ebay, you need to give a reason why you are giving a +1 to a certain person. I can definitely see that it's being abused in some threads and if we can see who is giving out the +1's and for what reasons, we can see how credible a person is rather than thinking, "wow this person is great, he must be one of the best cause he has +34 when most people have less than 5"

Edited by Memory Fish, September 28, 2009 - 11:50 PM.

#3 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 11:53 PM

You can't punish for no reason... but if there's just cause for suspected cheating... like every post in one thread is +1ed, even random posts that don't matter... then yes go for it or ask about it.

But yea I'm just curious if anyone can see who does it. On my other forum we have a thanks system and everyone can see who left the thanks, has many positives.

#4 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2009 - 05:58 PM

Bump for Admins.

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2009 - 06:03 PM

There's no way to see who added rep to your posts using the forums. It's probably possible through the database, but members don't have direct access to that, obviously.

And the penalties for anything like that, that's up to the admins. But it would be time-consuming to go through the database to see who's giving them out at a frequent rate, so it's really a point that doesn't need to be argued, and reputation really doesn't serve a purpose to begin with, unless you apply it to some other modification.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users