Photo

Phil Speaks

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,795 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 01:45 AM

i've had some issues here with people questioning me as a laker fan for critizing some laker players, specifically sasha vujacic. i still don't think that criticizing a player makes you any less or any more of a laker fan. +1

me too

13z8pc6.jpg

#22 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted September 26, 2009 - 04:03 AM

I cannot wait until this season is started. I am so hyped about our team, and our chances at repeating.

Posted Image

#23 Ken #1 Beloved.

Ken #1 Beloved.

30 Year Lakers Bandwagoner!

• 744 posts
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 26, 2009 - 07:34 AM

Do you know anyone who believes in the fans?

& no, I never said you couldn't argue or debate with people your views. That'd be stupid. There'd be no point in having this forum then really at all. What I was saying as I couldn't be any more clearer, or at least I thought, was for you to be more careful with possibly labeling or calling some folks non true laker fans or anything along those lines just because some of their views or most of their views don't happen to coincide with yours so much.

I misunderstood. I'll watch my filthy, labeling mouth!
PJ: "I think Ron's going to be a really big addition to this team."

#24 Ken #1 Beloved.

Ken #1 Beloved.

• 744 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 07:41 AM

i've had some issues here with people questioning me as a laker fan for critizing some laker players, specifically sasha vujacic. i still don't think that criticizing a player makes you any less or any more of a laker fan. +1

erik, we all criticize players. That's not my beef. Criticizing is one thing; trashing is another .... not only trashing, but relentless trashing. When certain folks spend 90% of their posting time doing that, that's when I have questions.

Edited by Dynasties R Us, September 26, 2009 - 07:42 AM.

#25 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,076 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 26, 2009 - 07:46 AM

erik, we all criticize players. That's not my beef. Criticizing is one thing; trashing is another .... not only trashing, but relentless trashing. When certain folks spend 90% of their posting time doing that, that's when I have questions.

i guess that's not me then, i don't relentlessly trash any of our players. do some people take shots at some of our lesser talented players any chance they get? sure. i'm not for that either. so we're on the same page there.

Edited by erik, September 26, 2009 - 07:46 AM.

#26 Ken #1 Beloved.

Ken #1 Beloved.

• 744 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 08:37 AM

^ no man, DEFINITELY not you.

#27 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 26, 2009 - 09:44 PM

#28 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,874 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:10 AM

Music to my ears. Of course the naysayers immediately have to nitpick and chime in with their Sasha mockery. Hahaha. I hope you enjoy your counter-productive remarks while true Lakers fans follow Phil's lead. All the comments that people make about the "garbage" on this team was nicely rebuked with a complimentary general statement by Phil Jackson: "I have a second unit that played really well last year. We were really proud of them."

So keep bashing away at your favorite targets. I'll defer to Phil Jackson.

I agree with you are saying and the intent of your statement.

But come one, Sasha did play with his damn girly hair to much last year. Every time up and down the court the dude was priming himself.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#29 Ken #1 Beloved.

Ken #1 Beloved.

• 744 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:47 AM

I agree with you are saying and the intent of your statement.

But come one, Sasha did play with his damn girly hair to much last year. Every time up and down the court the dude was priming himself.

Big deal. It didn't cost us the championship and probably had no effect on his game. Phil Jackson makes a joke and, instead of focusing on all the glowing, upbeat things Phil said, not only do people have to nitpick, they even start a thread on the meaningless comment. Remember, Sasha wore his goldy locks when he played well in 2007-08, too. It's a new year and as a symbolic gesture of putting his poor performance last year behind him he cut his hair as Phil Jackson suggested he do. But some fans enjoy dwelling in the negative, even while we continue to regale in our joy, as is their right.

#30 dodobird1988

dodobird1988

Ring Finger

• PipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • Name:your name
  • Fan Since:When I saw Kareem play ball with glasses on
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted September 28, 2009 - 11:47 AM

I think we should save Phil's vocal cords the same way we should save Kobe's legs
*<i>insert clever comment here</i>*

#31 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,003 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2009 - 12:07 PM

There's a reason Phil said what he said about Sasha: Because he knows what he's talking about and its true.

Sasha is a sissy girl elementary ball player. People that ride his nuts are more concerned with his hair than his play on the ball court. He has never had a good season with the Lakers. The guy has ONE solid year of SHOOTING and misguided "fans" think he's hot [expletive]. Basketball is about more than just shooting and in Sasha's case its about not :censored: ing up and he can't even do that.

Misguided fans attempt to use his ONE solid year of '07/'08 as an excuse for the other 4 seasons in which he was absolutely trash.

Besides, in that one "good" season, all he averaged was 9 ppg, 1 asp, and 2 rpg in 17 minutes per game. I mean seriously? Is that what we're concerning ourselves over?

Then the playoffs come around and he actually got much more worse.

Edited by Windu, September 28, 2009 - 12:08 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#32 Ken #1 Beloved.

Ken #1 Beloved.

• 744 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 01:03 PM

There's a reason Phil said what he said about Sasha: Because he knows what he's talking about and its true.

Sasha is a sissy girl elementary ball player. People that ride his nuts are more concerned with his hair than his play on the ball court. He has never had a good season with the Lakers. The guy has ONE solid year of SHOOTING and misguided "fans" think he's hot [expletive]. Basketball is about more than just shooting and in Sasha's case its about not :censored: ing up and he can't even do that.

Misguided fans attempt to use his ONE solid year of '07/'08 as an excuse for the other 4 seasons in which he was absolutely trash.

Besides, in that one "good" season, all he averaged was 9 ppg, 1 asp, and 2 rpg in 17 minutes per game. I mean seriously? Is that what we're concerning ourselves over?

Then the playoffs come around and he actually got much more worse.

That's right! All he does is stand behind the 3 point line and chuck up shots and no more. MIsguided fans attempt to use his first 3 developing years as a very young, raw player and now also use '08/'09 as an excuse to justify why he's "garbage." Misguided fans will also use misleading statistics to justify their hatred toward role players like Sasha, Luke and Farmar to reclassify them as "garbage" or "scrubs" even though they serve a much more meaningful purpose in Phil Jackson's rotation and for the Lakers "TEAM." His 3 point shooting percentage in 2007-08 was .437. You failed to mention that. Misguided fans will focus on all the negatives to justify their hatred rather than on positive contributions which helped us win a championship last season. Misguided fans will use this forum as an opportunity to call players like Sasha "sissy girls" because they know that the rules prohibit a direct response from an offended poster to the offending poster.

It's funny that a comment like this is perfectly acceptable: "People that ride his nuts are more concerned with his hair than his play on the ball court." Tell me, if I root for Sasha, do I "ride his nuts"?

It is actually possible that there are Sasha fans on here, but you cleverly avoid making a "personal attack" with the tactic of making mocking generalizations. If Sasha was so harmful to the Lakers last season, his playing time would have been reduced to zero especially with a blossoming talent like Shannon Brown on the team who can play either guard position, so apparently Phil Jackson sees something in Sasha's game and value to the team that you don't see. As I've said before, I rooted for that chemistry killing Radmanovic who I despised until Mitch was finally able to get rid of him and, as a Lakers fan, I will continue to root for Sasha. Or "ride his nuts," if you will.

Edited by Dynasties R Us, September 28, 2009 - 01:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users