Posted September 17, 2009 - 11:47 AM
More detailed specs:
Capacity • Flash Memory: 8 to 32 GB* + Micro SD Slot (SDHC compatible)
• Hard Drive: 160 to 500 GB*
Display • High resolution screen, 800x480 pixels, 4.8'' TFT LCD, 16 million colors
• Touch screen
Video playback 7 • MPEG-4 HD (up to 720p)
• MPEG-48 (ASP@L5 AVI, up to DVD resolution)
• H.264 HD (up to 720p)
• WMV (MP@ML, up to DVD resolution) including WMV protected files
• M-JPEG (Motion JPEG Video) in QVGA resolution
With optional plug-in (downloadable from your tablet or on www.archos.com):
• Cinema: MPEG-2, WMV HD (720p), VOB
Audio playback 7 • Stereo MP3 decoding @ 30-320 Kbits/s CBR & VBR, WMA, Protected WMA, WAV (PCM/ADPCM), AAC9(except protected content), AAC+ stereo audio files, Flac and OGG Vorbis.
With optional software plug-ins (downloadable from your tablet or on www.archos.com):
• AC3 stereo audio and 5.1 sound files (via SPDIF output of DVR Station )
Photo viewer 10 JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
Subtitles Support subtitles files with .srt, .ssa, .smi, .sub extensions
Video recording 11 • Via the optional DVR Station or DVR Snap-on. Records NTSC/PAL/SECAM in MPEG-4 AVI format with stereo sound, VGA resolution (640 x 480) @ 30 or 25 f/s
• Via the optional TV Snap-on (only available for Europe): Records TV in MPEG-2 TS format.
Audio recording • Via the optional DVR Station or DVR Snap-on: Stereo line-in, WAV (IMA ADPCM or PCM) format
• Voice recording with the built-in microphone
Others applications Webbrowser, Email, Contacts, DroidIn™, Ebuddy™IM, Twidroid™, Deezer™, Dailymotion™, QuickPedia, ThinkFree Mobile, Moov, CraigsPhone, Pages jaunes™ (only for France), High Paying Jobs (only for US & Canada), Alarm clock, Calculator...
Interfaces • USB 2.0: Media Transport Protocol (MTP)
• USB 2.0 Host: Mass Storage Class (MSC) and Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) with optional Mini Dock, Battery Dock and DVR station
• Micro SD (SDHC compatible) on ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet 8 to 32 GB
• Add-on connectors to connect to the DVR Station and other ARCHOS add-ons
Communication protocols • WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
• Bluetooth 2.0
• FM transmitter
• FM receiver (RDS)
Miscellaneous • Built-in speaker"• Built-in leg stand• Built-in Microphone
Power source • Internal: Lithium Polymer battery
• Device charges via computer USB port
• External: Power adapter/charger (via optional add-on)
Battery life • Music playback time12: up to 22 hours13
• Video playback time12: up to 7 hours13
Scalability • Device automatically downloads latest firmware updates when the WiFi connection is activated
• Updates can also be downloaded at www.archos.com
Dimensions & weight • ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet Flash series: 143,2x78,8x10,4 mm - 182g• ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet Hard Drive series: 143,2x78,8x20 mm - 286g
Minimum system requirements • Microsoft® Windows® XP, Vista, or higher (with Windows media Player 11 for MTP)
• Linux (with Mass Storage Device Support)
• USB 2.0 interface
Package includes ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet, earphones, Standard USB cable, DVR Station adapter, Quick Start Guide (QSG), legal and safety notice.
*1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity is less.
1/ Actual screen size is 4.8 inches.
2/ 7 day free trial. Software and maps sold on archos website.
3/ With the optional TV Snap-on only available for Europe.
4/ HDMI connection with the optional DVR Station or HDMI Mini Dock.
5/ With the optional HD cinema plug-in (included WMV HD in 720p, MPEG-2, DVD, AC3) 4/ with the optional accessories: DVR Station, DVR Snap-on or TV Snap-on.
6/ TV Program Guide is only available for the following countries: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, and UK. The first year of subscription is free.
7/ Certain bitrates, resolutions, and/or file variations may not be compatible.
8/ MPEG-4 ASP@L5 AVI (MPEG-4: ISO standard by Moving Picture Experts Group; AVI: audio/video file container by Microsoft) without GMC and Quarter.
9/ Does not read AAC protected files.
10/ Certain resolutions and file sizes may not be compatible.
11/ External video output disabled for Macrovision®-protected contents.
12/ Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. Test run on an ARCHOS 5 60 GB with low backlight.
13/ “Depends on model. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. Test runs with low backlight.”