#1 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 15, 2009 - 09:52 AM

So yeh, I'm still having the same problems. To try to prove myself wrong, I decided to use another network and pc and just like I expected: I'm having the same problems. Is this site in beta or something?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#2 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,328 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 15, 2009 - 10:11 AM

No idea why you're having those problems when nobody else is. Sorry.

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts

Posted September 15, 2009 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for the solution.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts

Posted September 15, 2009 - 10:42 AM

Anyone have any recommendations for a functional Lakers website and forum?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 15, 2009 - 11:32 AM

Go down to the very bottom left of the site and select IP.Board Lo-Fi as your skin using the drop-down menu (it will say The Lakers Nation by default).

Tell me how fast the site runs using that skin (it's stripped, completely).

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,604 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted September 15, 2009 - 01:17 PM

really weird windu...sorry you're still having problems...

i don't think there's anyone left on the board who has any issues...i might have missed it when you initially discussed the problems, but can you describe in detail again the problems you're experiencing?

Posted Image

#7 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted September 15, 2009 - 03:15 PM

I think his problem is that the site loads slowly for him.

Windu, list your specs. Including browser.

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts

Posted September 16, 2009 - 06:11 AM

As of now, I'm able to post but I'm using a WiFi connection.

In times past, before the site was changed, I was using the same WiFi connection with no problems and I'm having no problems with it at the moment. However, when I log onto the site from say a public library or a school campus...then thats when I have the problems. I can't check the detailed specs when I'm using the library computers.

Right now I'm using IE 7.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted September 16, 2009 - 07:15 AM

You should be able to see what browser you're using (the version) at the library or school, using the Help dropdown menu.

If you can, let me know what it is.

If not, like I said, try using the Lo-Fi skin (bottom left corner, you'll find our skin selector).

#10 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts

Posted September 16, 2009 - 07:21 AM

You should be able to see what browser you're using (the version) at the library or school, using the Help dropdown menu.

If you can, let me know what it is.

If not, like I said, try using the Lo-Fi skin (bottom left corner, you'll find our skin selector).

More than likely its an updated version since the network is extremely fast. Matter of fact, its prolly the same version I'm using now on my laptop but I'll double check. What has changed about this new version of the website? I would think that libraries and school libraries would have all the updated software because they always seem to and the connections are always extremely fast. I could get on any other website with no problems but when I logged on here...major problems.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted September 16, 2009 - 07:31 AM

Actually, nothing has changed other than smaller scripts (making it faster most of the time).

The only problem I've ran across, and the IPB devs comfirmed it, is that IE6 is garbage when it comes to handling IPB.

But, at the same time, nobody around here (or anyone at all) should still be on IE6, especially when IE8 is already out.

I've tested th board with Firefox 3.0-3.5, IE6, IE7, IE8, Google Chrome, Safari (on the iPhone) and Opera, and the only problems are with IE6, and it doesn't have anything to do with script-handling (the design breaks).

Everyone on the staff is fine. It seems like all of our regular members (with the exception of you) are able to run the boards fine. Everyone on my basketball forums can run the new software.

So that really narrows it down to your computer or network. There may be some settings tinkered at the library or school that doesn't allow caching of images? I can't tell you. But if that's the case, you'd be loading up the images every single time you browse, and that would drag you through the mud.

However, if that was the case, you would've found it to be the same with the old software.

Go here: http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums

See how it runs for you there.

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts

Posted September 16, 2009 - 07:38 AM

Actually, nothing has changed other than smaller scripts (making it faster most of the time).

The only problem I've ran across, and the IPB devs comfirmed it, is that IE6 is garbage when it comes to handling IPB.

But, at the same time, nobody around here (or anyone at all) should still be on IE6, especially when IE8 is already out.

I've tested th board with Firefox 3.0-3.5, IE6, IE7, IE8, Google Chrome, Safari (on the iPhone) and Opera, and the only problems are with IE6, and it doesn't have anything to do with script-handling (the design breaks).

Everyone on the staff is fine. It seems like all of our regular members (with the exception of you) are able to run the boards fine. Everyone on my basketball forums can run the new software.

So that really narrows it down to your computer or network. There may be some settings tinkered at the library or school that doesn't allow caching of images? I can't tell you. But if that's the case, you'd be loading up the images every single time you browse, and that would drag you through the mud.

However, if that was the case, you would've found it to be the same with the old software.

Go here: http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums

See how it runs for you there.

I will have to check out the version at my local library. The other library I go to is at a university and I've never had problems there...with any website.

I'm not sure if the library was using IE6 or 7 but like I said...I'll check. Thanks

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted September 16, 2009 - 09:23 AM

Well, the only other thing that needs to be noted is that you aren't having problems on SOME computers...so therefore, it can't be on our end. If there was an error in one of the PHP files, or a skin template, it would show on all browsers, more than likely (assuming it was big enough to cause speed reduction).

#14 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,604 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted September 16, 2009 - 01:56 PM

ever try firefox?

Posted Image

#15 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted September 16, 2009 - 04:32 PM

ever try firefox?

That's not the reason for his fiasco.

Anyway this situation sounds strange enough to begin with. =/

#16 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,667 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted September 17, 2009 - 12:44 AM

It is strange, because I've tested in 4 different computers and all load the page in the same time, no lag at all.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users