JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted January 15, 2011 - 08:34 PM

Eagles fire Sean McDermott

Posted Image

Less than a week after Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said that defensive coordinator Sean McDermott would return in 2011, the Eagles have fired McDermott.

A team spokesman confirmed the firing Saturday, which was first reported by ESPN. No replacement has been announced.

McDermott, 36, came under heavy criticism in a season in which the Eagles allowed a franchise-high 31 touchdown passes and had the worst red-zone defense in the NFL. However, Reid said in a season-ending news conference McDermott would be retained.

Within three days of that declaration, sources say Reid informed McDermott he had changed his mind and would relieve McDermott of his duties after two years as the team's defensive coordinator.

McDermott replaced the legendary Jim Johnson, who died of cancer in 2009. He adapted Johnson's aggressive style of defense but injuries to key veterans forced McDermott to adjust his scheme in 2010. The Eagles allowed at least 24 points in 11 games this season.

The Eagles have not made a public announcement regarding McDermott's departure in hopes of allowing him to find another job.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported in October McDermott's authority as defensive coordinator was in jeopardy.

The Eagles won the NFC East with a 10-6 record before losing to the The Eagles won the NFC East with a 10-6 record before losing to the Green Bay Packers 21-16 in a first-round playoff game last week. 21-16 in a first-round playoff game last week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6025347

Bob Babich, Mike Singletary, Bob Babich, Darren Perry....

I prefer Perry though.

Edited by JRG_24, January 15, 2011 - 08:44 PM.

#102 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted January 16, 2011 - 09:47 AM

We MUST get some defensive players via draft, trade or free agency, a LB and a couple of DBs. The problem won't be over with only firing McDermott

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#103 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 01:54 PM

Juan FREAKIN Castillo Named Defensive Coordinator
http://twitter.com/EaglesInsider/status/32912274490396672

#104 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts

Posted February 10, 2011 - 11:32 AM

Juan FREAKIN Castillo Named Defensive Coordinator
http://twitter.com/EaglesInsider/status/32912274490396672

:o

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#105 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 02:29 PM

now we onnn! Wow what an offseason! Aso, CDR, Asante, DAAAAAAAAYUMN. I'd be scared if I were a QB, WR and HB :hysterical:

Edited by fedefox, July 29, 2011 - 02:30 PM.

Posted Image
I REP THAT WEST

#106 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,954 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2011 - 04:05 PM

Philly loves corners. <_<

Yeh, I'm hatin'
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#107 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted July 29, 2011 - 05:25 PM

Philly is going to be the biggest bandwagon team ever. It's already bad since you guys have Vick too.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#108 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,220 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted July 29, 2011 - 07:12 PM

LESSSSSS [expletive]IINNGGG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#109 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 08:14 PM

If you guys are lucky enough to get to the superbowl you still won't win it. Pats will be doing that this year...

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#110 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts

Posted July 30, 2011 - 01:52 AM

If you guys are lucky enough to get to the superbowl you still won't win it. Pats will be doing that this year...

ahem :whistling: Haynesworth is an excellent pickup, but Chad Ocho is washed up. One could argue he's under Brady now, but I highly doubt it.

Not only is our offense the most explosive in the NFL, but on paper, our defense looks monstrous. And we're still not done and under the cap. :glasses:

#111 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 20,794 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 30, 2011 - 11:38 AM

Congrats on Nnamdi. Like how you snaged him from out of nowhere. I think you fleeced AZ in the Kolb deal too. GM of the year.

But......
Who's playing linebacker in Philly? That was problem last year right?

Looks like Jackson(your best player IMO) is holding out. They need to pay him fast.

I see the Eagles as a favorite(for good reason) but not sold as a lock to come out the NFC.

Good luck this year.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#112 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts

Posted August 13, 2011 - 01:06 PM

^ Dont be surprised if we snagg Kirk Morrison too.

I called us getting Nnamdi and trading Kolb to Arizona way before the draft, so Im really not surprised. What I was surprised is us getting DRC and a 2nd. Roseman has done a heck of a job.

Nnamdi, DRC, Babin, Ronnie Brown, Jenkins, Steve Smith, Vince Young, Ryan Harris...

#113 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 03:13 AM

We got to pick this up, seems like the only one who's tryin to play defense is Babin, this is the game we need to get back on track.

Fly High Gang! :rock:

Posted Image
I REP THAT WEST

#114 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 01:53 PM

Not true. The effort is there, but Castillo is such an idiot.

He doesnt know how to use these players.

#115 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 06:15 AM

Not true. The effort is there, but Castillo is such an idiot.

He doesnt know how to use these players.

The effort doesnt cut it man, with the players we got they gotta go out there and make plays, not "try to".
Agree on Castillo tho

Posted Image
I REP THAT WEST

#116 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 09:43 AM

I think you guys get back on track this week against the Bills.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#117 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 11:30 PM

The effort doesnt cut it man, with the players we got they gotta go out there and make plays, not "try to".
Agree on Castillo tho

They have to obey the DC's orders. Or else what is there a DC for? For example, Nnamdi to me is the best cover corner in the game and does it against the best.

Castillo has him do zone coverage to help "stop the run" (which still sucks btw). Why? When he's doing zone coverage, he does OK, but QBs see space and they actually target in his direction and sometimes they make plays. But when he's strictly covering, he wipes out the WR and gives them a day off.

Like I said before. Castillo is like a virgin who has this sexy ass lady putting out and doesn't know what to do with all that. I don't care how hard he works, he stinks and is costing us big time. Heck.... he is probably even gonna cost Reid his job.

Further making my point, Washburn has some control in our D. He is in charge of the Front Four who rush the QB and how are we doing? Babin is what? One of the best pass rushers in the league AGAIN? Washburn brings out the best in our players. If he wasn't here, and Castillo was fully in charge, I can just imagine what he'd have him do and how much more terrible overall our defense would be. The guy is a moron.

#118 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 01:22 PM

They have to obey the DC's orders. Or else what is there a DC for? For example, Nnamdi to me is the best cover corner in the game and does it against the best.

Castillo has him do zone coverage to help "stop the run" (which still sucks btw). Why? When he's doing zone coverage, he does OK, but QBs see space and they actually target in his direction and sometimes they make plays. But when he's strictly covering, he wipes out the WR and gives them a day off.

Like I said before. Castillo is like a virgin who has this sexy ass lady putting out and doesn't know what to do with all that. I don't care how hard he works, he stinks and is costing us big time. Heck.... he is probably even gonna cost Reid his job.

Further making my point, Washburn has some control in our D. He is in charge of the Front Four who rush the QB and how are we doing? Babin is what? One of the best pass rushers in the league AGAIN? Washburn brings out the best in our players. If he wasn't here, and Castillo was fully in charge, I can just imagine what he'd have him do and how much more terrible overall our defense would be. The guy is a moron.

Posted Image
I REP THAT WEST

#119 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 07:31 PM

Chris Cooley from... Utah State! :rock:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#120 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 10:47 AM

Recently re-upped with Herremans and Mathis keeping our best OL pieces besides Peters.

Posted Image

Mathis deserved that contract. His hard work during the lockout paid off. Now we just need a LB, a DT, and a FS. I really hope we get Curtis Lofton or Stephen Tulloch who is a successful wide 9 LB. DT Fletcher Cox or Devon Still in the draft.

Edited by JRG_24, March 18, 2012 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users