#1 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 10, 2009 - 12:45 PM

And yes, I mean it. I've been playing 2K since 2K5 and, well, it looks like this year I'm renting both before buying. Live 10 looks amazing, to say the least, and all the features they have been introducing and touting are impressive. Seriously.

Watch these videos and tell me what you think.

Czarisode Episode 1: http://www.operation...view.php?id=488
Czarisode Episode 2: http://www.operation...view.php?id=490

The Euro Step looks awesome. The ability to choose which side of the rim you finish on is something that has needed addressing since forever ago. Step backs, hop jumpers, and two step jumpers also look great. Damn, I'm really considering switching sides this year. This year is going to be the toughest yet. :|

#2 thepyre

thepyre

Rookie

• 163 posts
  • Fan Since:83
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted September 10, 2009 - 02:13 PM

i've never played 2K. only live. i've always enjoyed live's gameplay.

#3 Weezy

Weezy

A boombox can change the world

• 1,204 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 02:13 PM

It's got some interesting new moves, but it still looks as loose, arcadey and cartoony as ever to me, 2K is not in danger at all IMO. I saw the Derek Rose 2K trailer yesterday, it was sick, the most realistic looking NBA game I've ever seen.
Posted Image

#4 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 02:32 PM

It's got some interesting new moves, but it still looks as loose, arcadey and cartoony as ever to me, 2K is not in danger at all IMO. I saw the Derek Rose 2K trailer yesterday, it was sick, the most realistic looking NBA game I've ever seen.

But that's one of 2Ks [only] problems. The animations are canned and drawn out. Live's are much shorter, thus giving the user much more control. It will be interesting to see how they match up head to head in my living room.

#5 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 02:51 PM

It seems like every year people say Live is going to be improving but 2k always dominates them. I agree with Weezy, I'm still seeing an arcadey feel to the gameplay that I don't like. Plus, 2k's franchise mode is so much better and that's where I spend so much of my time.
Posted Image

#6 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:00 PM

It seems like every year people say Live is going to be improving but 2k always dominates them. I agree with Weezy, I'm still seeing an arcadey feel to the gameplay that I don't like. Plus, 2k's franchise mode is so much better and that's where I spend so much of my time.

Trust me. I've been on 2K since I first played it on the Dreamcast. I fell in love with the game, but didn't buy it on my own 'til 2k5 because I didn't own a console that had 2K/Live. Ever since then I've been a 2K player. But sadly, 2K hasn't progressed much since 2K7. The last two years have been decent upgrades, but the presentation is atrocious and gameplay has felt a little stale as there has been very little progress. Like I said, I'm always going to love 2K, but this year I will rent both and buy one after comparing them both, and I think that could be Live by the way things are looking.

#7 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:33 PM

thanks for the vids jeezy, im glad a 2k user finally gives props to live, i have both games and still liked live better in 09, but thats just because of the online servers, but this year live is the best its ever been hands down
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#8 Forklift

Forklift

Rookie

• 98 posts
  • Name:Caleb
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:36 PM

Me and my bro used to love Live until live 07 came out and it was exactly the same gameplay as live 06. So later we decided to buy 2k7 and every since has been in love with it. One thing i really don't like about Live is it's so easy to stat pad your favorite players. Like i can easily get Kobe to have 60+ points with 10+ Reb 10+ assists 5+ steals shooting at over 65%.

#9 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:37 PM

Me and my bro used to love Live until live 07 came out and it was exactly the same gameplay as live 06. So later we decided to buy 2k7 and every since has been in love with it. One thing i really don't like about Live is it's so easy to stat pad your favorite players. Like i can easily get Kobe to have 60+ points with 10+ Reb 10+ assists 5+ steals shooting at over 65%.

Protip: Increase the difficulty. :whistle:

#10 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:41 PM

Live's difficulty is something underachieving. I've been on Superstar all the years, with probably 1 or 2 games giving me problems. Whereas the learning curve for Hall of Fame in 2K is the killer, but I still managed to achieve it by replaying alot of 2K(8).

Anyway, demo for NBA Live 10 will be out tomorrow for XBL GOLD. 17 for PSN and XBL Silver.

FINALLY I CAN PLAY AS THE NEW CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES LAKERS VS NEW ORLANDO MAGIC!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the props Jeezy, this forum needs to be less bias towards 2K from what I see. But I'm really still a main Live and occasional 2K player. ;)

#11 Forklift

Forklift

Rookie

• 98 posts
  • Name:Caleb
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:43 PM

Protip: Increase the difficulty. :whistle:

I always put the difficulty on the max which is Superstar even in the 2k games i put it on the max. Makes it so much fun because it's so much harder to beat any team.

#12 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:46 PM

I always put the difficulty on the max which is Superstar even in the 2k games i put it on the max. Makes it so much fun because it's so much harder to beat any team.

You must know, somewhere along the lines of Live 06 to 08, Live went downhill, ALOT. I think it's just 06 and 07.

Previously I was playing Live on the PC, that's the only place I can play sim bball games on for not owning a console until the Xbox360 gave me life from Live 08 on.

#13 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:51 PM

Live's Graphics has dramatically improved.

Now if they could eliminate the stick figure movements.
An Please get rid of the dunk and shot buttons.
It should be one button with a shot stick

They also finnaly picked up an important sponsor. TEAM JORDAN.
2K still has the Jordan Brand sponsor too.
MJ decided to sponsor both .

I've been a NBA Live player going back to Shaq on the cover in 96'
I just so happened to be an NBA2K player from the Beginning as well.( DREAMCAST )
Posted Image

I think I am gonna copp this NBA LIVE 10 for the hell of it just for kicks.
Of Course from my cousins discount who works at GameStop in Vegas.

Posted Image

Edited by ILLWiLL20, September 10, 2009 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image

#14 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,749 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 03:51 PM

the last live ive gotten was 05, and that was also the last bball game i have gotten, ima have to dl both demos to see which one to get

13z8pc6.jpg

#15 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 10, 2009 - 04:22 PM

I'm willing to bet anyone that you'll get destroyed even TRYING to dribble in the post with one of your bigs. And I'm talking almost every time you put the ball on the floor, like most bigs do.

I'll probably rent Live 10, just so I can shoot 40 threes with Morrison.

#17 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 08:07 PM

You must know, somewhere along the lines of Live 06 to 08, Live went downhill, ALOT. I think it's just 06 and 07.

I think Live 07 was the worst bball game I've ever played. Worst sports game ever maybe. At least that's how I felt.

I hope to try out both Live/2K this year. Been a 2K man these days but I'm no fanboy.

#19 Weezy

Weezy

A boombox can change the world

• 1,204 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 08:35 PM

I think it was well before that. As far as I remember Live 2001 for the PS1 was like the last good one. Then when it jumped to PS2 it had some BAD years making the transition, I think it was Live 2002 or 2003 that was the absolute worst ever. Whenever they added the stick control dribbling moves it got decent again, I believe it was 2004, whenever Jason Kidd was on the cover. It was still way too arcadey and there was no defense at all, but it was fun again.
Posted Image

#20 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,749 posts

Posted September 10, 2009 - 09:51 PM

wow, some of those player animations look the same as in live 05 for the ps2 in those gif images

that one with deron williams looks realistic though, the way they're moving

13z8pc6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users