• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sky

Sky

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 09, 2009 - 10:21 AM

In past years on other Laker boards I've run the All-Time League, you draft players from 1970 to the present, make trades and then coach the team in a head-to-head tournament. If there's interest in playing this year I'll run it here. In the past we've had ready made teams (such as Showtime Lakers, Bird Era Celtics, Dr. J Sixers) and then you trade or sign additional players. This year we can go either way. Draft teams from scratch or assign a balanced starting 5 to each GM and then draft to fill out your bench and make deals.

This has been a lot of fun in the past, fills the dead time from now to the start of the season. Usually it starts in August but I was away on a trip. Since school has started we'd have to ease the deadlines a bit, and scale back the game plans for the playoffs. But it is an addictive game, learn a lot of basketball history and it's great fun to build a team based on what you think can win a battle for best in history, and just as fun to come up with game plans and analyze matchups to come up with a winning strategy. I will serve as commissioner and lead judge for the playoffs and will try to recruit some folks from other boards to play. The level of interest can determine how many GMs and as a result how we'll design the game in terms of drafting and free agency.

The essentials of the rules are this. First half of the game is GM. We'll either have a balanced starting 5 for each team, and you can draft which you want, or we just draft from scratch. Then you can make trades, and add players in free agency. Players are assigned a salary and you can make deals to free cap room or just build a powerhouse. Once final rosters are set then the second half of the game is coaching. You come up with a game plan based on your strengths and your opponents weaknesses. Judges seed teams for the playoffs, and the higher seed calls the defensive rules: old school (man to man with handchecks) or new school (zone rules no handchecks). Judges review the game plans and vote on a winner, single elimination tournament.

Again since school is underway the ATL will be scaled back to an extent, smaller rosters, more limitations on game plans. Build your team and go for history. If you'd like to play, please sign up below.

#2 Sky

Sky

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 14, 2009 - 04:14 PM

If anyone wants to play, the game will be run on OTRbasketball.com. Sign up thread as at the top of the forum in announcements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users