Rookie

• 876 posts

Posted September 08, 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hey all,

My chat is done!

http://www.hoopsworl...T_TOPICS_ID=456

Thanks

Eric

Edited by emplay, September 08, 2009 - 01:47 PM.

Check me at at the LA Times at BasketballInsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus

#2 Ken #1 Beloved.

Ken #1 Beloved.

30 Year Lakers Bandwagoner!

• 744 posts
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:44 PM

Eric Pincus's excellent reply to someone's excellent question:

Q: Many Lakers fans can't stand Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton. How do you feel about these rotation players from the defending World Champion Lakers and how do you think they will perform this upcoming season?

Eric Pincus:

A: I don't know if you speak for all Laker fans but I do get a lot of antipathy towards the trio. I don't think Walton deserved it this past year - he was a valuable contributor to a championship team.

Vujacic was downright bad this year. His defense wasn't as sharp and his shot was errant. Farmar lacked discipline, often neglecting to run the offense.

In the end, the Lakers won it all and have a reasonable opportunity to repeat. I understand that many fans go to extremes (they're "fanatics" remember) but I would also hope they remember this is a team game where the whole is greater than the individual pieces.

If Walton gave the same output next year as he did this past one, the team would be grateful. If Vujacic can get his shot back, the Lakers even more dangerous.

Farmar - who, by the way recently changed his jersey number to "1" - is eager to prove his individual talents in a system that doesn't really cater to that. That may not work if he's not willing to defer to team.

We shall see soon enough! Thanks again . . .
PJ: "I think Ron's going to be a really big addition to this team."

#3 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted September 08, 2009 - 09:55 PM

Eric gave us some good news about Bynum as well:

Q: Thanks Eric - What is the condition of Bynum? Knee healed and brace gone? Does he really intend to practice with superman?

A: Janis Carr of the OC Register just spoke with Bynum's agent (David Lee) and apparently Andrew is "doing great, he's fine, there aren't any problems."

AsI've written a few times in my chats, Andrew spends the summers inAtlanta working out with trainer Sean Zarzana. This year he took sometime off to get his knee healed but has since been getting in shape.

Per Carr, Bynum and Dwight Howard never hooked up as was hoped.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users