Blount PUNCHES Opposing Player In Bare Naked Face

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 04, 2009 - 12:37 PM

School: Blount's actions 'reprehensible'

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4445891

The Pac-10 later Friday will review tape of Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount's dropping Boise State linebacker Byron Hout with a postgame punch to the jaw to determine whether Blount will be disciplined, spokesman Jim Muldoon said.

Immediately following Oregon's 19-8 loss at Boise State on Thursday night, an ESPN replay of the incident showed Hout taunting Blount as the teams converged onto the field. As a Broncos assistant coach moved to separate Hout from Blount, the Oregon senior threw a right cross that connected with Hout's right jaw. Hout went down and popped right back up.

First-year Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott is flying in from Boise, where he witnessed the incident firsthand. While Muldoon said Oregon could take action, he believes the ultimate punishment to be a conference matter.

Oregon University president Richard Lariviere calling Blount's behavior "reprehensible" in a statement Friday.

"We do not and will not tolerate the actions that were taken by our player. Oregon's loyal fans expect and deserve better," Lariviere said. "The University of Oregon Athletics Department is reviewing the situation and will take appropriate action, reflecting the seriousness of the player's behavior."
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

I'm not disturbed nor offended by this at all. I saw this live and I'm actually glad he did it. That guy from the other team got what he deserved, talking a gang of feces like that to the opposition after a tough tough loss. Him and that stupid smile. Wish more people were talking about how this never would've happened if that bastard showed good sportsmanship himself.

#2 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted September 04, 2009 - 04:21 PM

If Blount got suspended, the other guy should be too...and I agree with you Chicano, the guy got what he deserved, a punch to the face.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#3 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted September 04, 2009 - 04:24 PM

Blout got suspended for the year, which is really unfortunate for him. They said that this guy was a potential second or third round pick, but this might ruin his chances of getting drafted.

Posted Image

#4 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 04, 2009 - 04:27 PM

Unfortunately none of the videos I posted really show the full incident as far as extra words that were given by the guy who got socked before he got socked. If I could find the full video showing more of how he was talking crap, I would, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 04, 2009 - 04:55 PM

I'm surprised the guy from Boise didn't get suspended a couple of games.

But you know what, trash talking is really part of the game, its the bad part of the game, but it still happens all the time. It was inexcusable that Blount punched the guy. Unless the guy was saying stuff about his family or race played a part, then by all means punch him. But other then that, nothing should have made him react that way.

What a punch though, at least he made it count. haha

Also poor job by the operators of the scoreboard at Boise. Why show the clip over and over to get the fans riled up? That was stupid.

#6 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 07, 2009 - 01:06 PM

If this is true, whiteboy had it coming..

Although neither Hout or Boise State University have acknowledged what Hout said during his taunt, Boise State insiders say that he asked how one of Blount's dead relatives was.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#7 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 07, 2009 - 05:28 PM

Not only did the guy from Boise say something offensive, but he slapped him on the shoulder pads while he was doing it.
Yes he should have been suspended too.

Its crazy how coaches, media and fans amp these guys up, expect them to go out and tear the other team apart, criticize them when they are not aggressive enough, then punish them when they "don't shut it down" fast enough.

This was a PR move by the coach,school, and NCAA.
If it wasn't caught on ESPISSN TV, Blount would be still playin............. IMO
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users