#101 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,846 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 08, 2010 - 06:03 PM

I'd be surprised if Season 6 is the last season - this show pulls in big numbers and money for Showtime.

The only real crossover from season to season with characters was from season 4 to this current one. All of the other seasons have wrapped up in a neat package. As long as they maintain their quality staff of writers the show won't go stale.

It's all about the story and the story is made by the writers.

Edited by fido, December 09, 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#102 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,455 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 09, 2010 - 10:10 AM

Sunday :rock:

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#103 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted December 12, 2010 - 12:42 AM

anyone know a good place i can watch the shows or download them? no torrents. just straight up downloads.

#104 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,455 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 10:05 PM

anyone know a good place i can watch the shows or download them? no torrents. just straight up downloads.

I don't know.

I only know Showtime or Torrents.
iTunes maybe. but not right away.

#105 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,455 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 10:19 PM

:nervous: thoughts on finale? Bittersweet

1st impressions. GREAT acting by MCH, Julia and Jennifer. That's how it's done peeps. They make you feel for their characters. Can't say enough really.

S6 can go anywhere. Excited about that. :rock:

I really feel like S4-5 finished an arc for Dexter.

#106 Sako32

Sako32

LIKE A ROLLING STONE

• 1,217 posts
  • Name:Sako
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, & Bynum

Posted December 13, 2010 - 01:13 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#107 fido

fido

• 10,846 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 10:16 AM

But why did Deb say, "Are you glad it's all over", cast a wry smile to him and walk to Quinn at the end? Deb knows it was him at the abandoned camp, but did nothing about it.

I didn't mind the ending per say. It was a bit too neat. I suspect the pictures Quinn has in his night stand might come into play. Also, the fact that Quinn now has confirmation that Dexter is up to something could be the crux of Season 6.

I do agree though that it did finish a big arc for Dexter. He's been fighting his darkness the whole time, thinking he could either defeat it or keep it at bay, but at the end when he blew out the candle, it was almost like he blew the candle out on the hope that he could win. Someday its going to overtake him.

The cool thing is things have turned on him. Before he was fighting to bring normalcy in. Now normalcy is fighting to take him in (as in the kids coming to stay with him for the summer), but he's resisting it. I'm sure Lumen leaving won't make him any more optimistic.

I was bummed to see Lumen go, but it makes sense. it was all about passion and revenge for her. once that was gone, she realized who she really was, just like Dexter did.

I'm still surprised the Santa Muerte thing is floating out there kind of loose as well.

Edited by fido, December 13, 2010 - 10:18 AM.

#108 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,577 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2010 - 10:33 AM

What is Jordan Chase (or Eugene Grier) and Trinity's tie-in? (If anything)
not sure if he has a link to the trinity killer...did i miss something that implied he did? either way, i find the relationship between him and that emily chick intriguing, there was something odd about the interaction they had when they were alone...almost felt like he was scared of her...

The last brother / Santa Muerte killer remains at large and still no explanation there - how does that wind up?
it almost feels like they're just going to let that go...but i also get the feeling something major is going to happen involving laguerta..work related, or santa muerte related...

Will Jordan Chase survive this season?

no. but i guess you never can tell with this show...i get the feeling that dexter and lumen are going to kill him, and deb at the least will find out about it...though quinn and liddy will probably somehow also be involved...and i think liddy is going down as well...maybe the fall guy for killing chase and the others? just random thought...

Will Liddy survive?
don't think so...sounds cliche, but he knows too much

Will Quinn survive?
couple of weeks ago, i would have said no, but as the show progresses, i'm leaning towards yes. though i think he'll be a big part of whatever ends up happening at the end

Will Deb inch even closer to the truth?
i get the feeling by the end of the season, she'll find out a little more about dexter...i think she'll end up finding out whats going w/ him and lumen, as far as he's helped her kill these men...not sure she'll know much of anything he did before that...

Is Masuka going to be the guy that breaks the Dexter connection?
not sure anyone will break the connection, other than maybe deb...don't see him doing it, but this show is full of surprises...

What is with Emily Birch and that scene her and Jordan had together? Was she willingly starting this thing - is she the leader of the mob?

as i said earlier, got the feeling that there's something not so obvious about their relationship. it almost seemed as if he was scared of her, or she had some power, or something over him...and yea, taking the picture, the way it went down...doesn't quite add up...

just my random thoughts about the show...as fido said, i'm sure we'll all be way off...its like throwing darts blindfolded for now

came through on a few of my predictions...i enjoyed the finale, though it did feel that lumen's leaving was quite abrupt, but yea, i guess it makes sense if she's gone back to who she really is, and knowing who/what dexter really is would have made it hard for her to continue, but still, interesting. excited for season 6. wonder if they're going to allow a good amount of time to pass, or if they're just going to pick up where they left off. did find the comment that fido brought up that deb made interesting...though i wasn't sold on the fact that it was intended to prove that she knew that was dexter down there, but definitely a possibility...lots of stuff left to find out in season 6, can't wait

Edited by Game, December 13, 2010 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

#109 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 02:56 PM

But why did Deb say, "Are you glad it's all over", cast a wry smile to him and walk to Quinn at the end? Deb knows it was him at the abandoned camp, but did nothing about it.

I didn't mind the ending per say. It was a bit too neat. I suspect the pictures Quinn has in his night stand might come into play. Also, the fact that Quinn now has confirmation that Dexter is up to something could be the crux of Season 6.

I do agree though that it did finish a big arc for Dexter. He's been fighting his darkness the whole time, thinking he could either defeat it or keep it at bay, but at the end when he blew out the candle, it was almost like he blew the candle out on the hope that he could win. Someday its going to overtake him.

The cool thing is things have turned on him. Before he was fighting to bring normalcy in. Now normalcy is fighting to take him in (as in the kids coming to stay with him for the summer), but he's resisting it. I'm sure Lumen leaving won't make him any more optimistic.

I was bummed to see Lumen go, but it makes sense. it was all about passion and revenge for her. once that was gone, she realized who she really was, just like Dexter did.

I'm still surprised the Santa Muerte thing is floating out there kind of loose as well.

I noticed the same thing about the "now that it's all over I mean" line. It REALLY seems like Deb knows something, especially since after she said that, Dex kind of stared at her for a couple of seconds with a confused look on his face. But I have a feeling that if Deb really did know about Dexter at that point, they would've made it more explicit.

I have a feeling that pretty much everything from Season 5 won't be brought back up in Season 6. I think Quinn knows something is up with Dexter, but he's not going to do anything about it. In his mind, all he knows is that Dexter killed Liddy probably out of self-defense since Liddy went crazy and kidnapped Dexter. Regardless, he cares about Deb too much and in that last scene, he was genuinely grateful to Dexter and didn't show any tension. And I'm confident that Santa Muerte won't EVER be brought up again.

I don't really get that scene with Lumen at the end. I understand her reasons for leaving since killing Chase and the rest of the guys "freed her dark passenger". But it shouldn't work like that. She was raped and tortured for weeks, she should be permanently scarred even after killing the guys who did that to her. The whole Dexter-Lumen relationship was built upon the fact that Lumen was just as scarred as Dexter. In my opinion, it was a cop out to get Lumen off the show without mirroring Season 4's finale by having her killed. Also, even if Lumen's dark passenger truly is gone, shouldn't that signal to Dexter that it IS possible to free his own dark passenger?

So thematically, Season 5 is about Dexter getting over his guilt of Rita's death and learning that he's pretty much going to be alone forever. Plot wise, all loose ends have been tied up. So the writers pretty much set up a completely blank slate for Season 6. I have a feeling that Dexter is going back to its basics, with Dex going one-on-one against another serial killer. It will probably also have a lot to do with the kids (Astor, Cody, and Harrison) and there will probably be much more focus on Deb and Quinn (in terms of their relationship, I don't think either of them will go after Dexter)
Posted Image

#110 fido

fido

• 10,846 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 07:24 PM

"Also, even if Lumen's dark passenger truly is gone, shouldn't that signal to Dexter that it IS possible to free his own dark passenger?"

I think Lumen's was brought on by a pretty specific event and its easy to kick it when it was driven by passion as well. Dexter's is now a deep-seeded part of who he is and kicking it that easy just won't happen. Lumen also ran out on her other ex-boyfriend, so he she obviously has a past of running away from things when they get too heavy. She can be permanently scarred but carrying the desire to kill people is on a totally different level. I get the feeling we'll wind up seeing her again down the line somewhere.

They couldn't kill another girlfriend of Dexter's off. That is just too repetitive and easy to see coming. I asppreciate that the finale went somewhere diefferent instead of trying to match the surprise of last season.

After kind of stewing on it at work (since it was painfully slow), I realized there's a lot of questions left open.

The Santa Muerte thing just dangling out there with no explanation as to why it started or whee it was leading bothers me without a resolution. I guess it served a purpose as to showing that LaGuerta is still as under-handed as she ever was, despite seeming to get softer as the years have gone on.

#111 lakerstefi

lakerstefi

Polakers

• 2,392 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 06:07 AM

Disappointed

#112 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,455 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 12:40 PM

I saw Mos Def is joining the cast.

#113 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,577 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 05:29 PM

love mos def, love the show...

hope he brings his A game, as quality a show this is i would imagine they wouldn't have cast him if they didn't believe he could pull off whatever they're going to have him do

Posted Image

#114 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 09:24 PM

Mos Def is awesome and I can see him working fine as one of the "mini-villains" that Dexter spends a couple of episodes trying to kill early on in the season just for the hell of it.

Some of the other news that I'm hearing is a little disappointing. Colin Hanks (They guy from "Orange County" with Jack Black) is supposedly gonna be the main villain and he's an "ancient artifacts expert." Also, Aimee Garcia (the niece from George Lopez), is gonna be Harrison's new nanny (and she's also Batista's younger sister). I really hope they don't have Dexter bang her and cause some drama with Batista ...
Posted Image

#115 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,455 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 02:07 PM

Mos Def is awesome and I can see him working fine as one of the "mini-villains" that Dexter spends a couple of episodes trying to kill early on in the season just for the hell of it.

Some of the other news that I'm hearing is a little disappointing. Colin Hanks (They guy from "Orange County" with Jack Black) is supposedly gonna be the main villain and he's an "ancient artifacts expert." Also, Aimee Garcia (the niece from George Lopez), is gonna be Harrison's new nanny (and she's also Batista's younger sister). I really hope they don't have Dexter bang her and cause some drama with Batista ...

Colin Hanks? OK writers. I'll play along. Ancient artifacts expert? Don't ya think he's too young for that? :laughing: We'll see. Writers have earned my faith.

#116 fido

fido

• 10,846 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 10:56 AM

Mos Def plays a reformed convict that's gone all religious crazy in 5 or 6 episodes only.

Edward James Olmos plays a crazed preacher.

Didn't hear about Colin Hanks, not sure if that's legit or not. As far as I learned, there is no main villain this coming season as in the last couple of seasons. The producer said this coming season would focus more on the relationship between Dexter and his sister.

#117 lakerstefi

lakerstefi

Polakers

• 2,392 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 12:24 PM

First episode has been leaked online!!!

#118 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,577 posts