449 replies to this topic

#81 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 28, 2010 - 11:09 PM

My favorite episode this season.

When Dexter bought Lumen those gloves :blush: . A touching moment.

Fido looks like the team is coming together. :whistle:

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#82 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 29, 2010 - 07:54 AM

if you had told me before the season started that they were going to introduce a love interest that would end up killing people w/ dexter, i wouldnt' have been too sure about...but they're definitely pulling it off...another great episode, can't wait for the finale

Posted Image

#83 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 10:11 AM

I honestly thought Lumen would freak out after she got that guy.

#84 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,883 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 29, 2010 - 01:30 PM

Yeah this season started off great (in my opinion) with the slow burn and tons of new questions. Now it's winding up as the season with the most impact of the entire run.

* What is Jordan Chase (or Eugene Grier) and Trinity's tie-in? (If anything)
* The last brother / Santa Muerte killer remains at large and still no explanation there - how does that wind up?
* Will Lumen survive this season?
* Will Jordan Chase survive this season?
* Will Liddy survive?
* Will Quinn survive?
* Will Deb inch even closer to the truth?
* Is Masuka going to be the guy that breaks the Dexter connection?
* What is with Emily Birch and that scene her and Jordan had together? Was she willingly starting this thing - is she the leader of the mob?

The absolutely minimal mention of the Santa Muerte killings tells me that they're going to blow up into something huge (my money's on LaGuerta getting offed by the cult - although I've been wrong about 99% of everything so far - LOL). I still wonder if they're connected with all that's going on or if they will be connected this season or next. This season above all of the previous 4 has me completely turned in several directions. I have no idea where everything is going to wind up - and I LOVE it!

#85 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 04:58 PM

Yeah this season started off great (in my opinion) with the slow burn and tons of new questions. Now it's winding up as the season with the most impact of the entire run.

* What is Jordan Chase (or Eugene Grier) and Trinity's tie-in? (If anything) Not sure. I think he was just infatuated by him.
The last brother / Santa Muerte killer remains at large and still no explanation there - how does that wind up? I wasn't sure if he got away. I could see it coming back to get someone. But I could also see it as a loose end.* Will Lumen survive this season? The biggest ? of the season. I think she's gone.
* Will Jordan Chase survive this season? No way. He's toast. Dexter will get him one way or another.* Will Liddy survive? Not too confident, but my gut says yes. I like this character. He's got a growing case, vendetta against the police.* Will Quinn survive? Confident he will. Will he zone back in on Dexter?* Will Deb inch even closer to the truth? Doubt it. Although she has become a very good detective these past few seasons. Dexter used to have to feed her clues(remember Freebo). * Is Masuka going to be the guy that breaks the Dexter connection? Nope. Dexter is his boy. Not happening IMO.* What is with Emily Birch and that scene her and Jordan had together? Was she willingly starting this thing - is she the leader of the mob? I think her story was true. She's a willing party now, that's 4shoThe absolutely minimal mention of the Santa Muerte killings tells me that they're going to blow up into something huge (my money's on LaGuerta getting offed by the cult - although I've been wrong about 99% of everything so far - LOL). I still wonder if they're connected with all that's going on or if they will be connected this season or next. This season above all of the previous 4 has me completely turned in several directions. I have no idea where everything is going to wind up - and I LOVE it!

out of those questions what do you thinks gonna happen Fido?

Edited by WhatUSaid, November 29, 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#86 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 06:58 PM

What is Jordan Chase (or Eugene Grier) and Trinity's tie-in? (If anything)
I don't think there will be any tie-in other than Jordan's fascination with killers. I wonder if Jordan knows who Dexter is or was before this all went down.

The last brother / Santa Muerte killer remains at large and still no explanation there - how does that wind up?
Though it would be a bit repetitive thematically and kind of bold, I get the feeling through some foreshadowing in dialogue that LaGuerta may get caught and/or killed by the cult. Everyone at the station has had someone die they were close to except for Masuka and Batisita (though I think Masuka is strictly there for comic relief). Deb, (Harry and Brian), LaGuerta (Doakes), Quinn (Trinity's daughter he was dating), Dexter (Harry and Rita).

Will Jordan Chase survive this season?
I would think he wouldn't but I wonder if it will be as easy as Dexter killing him or maybe Deb taking him out in some situation or another. Honestly, though I'd love to see them end the season on a different kind of cliffhanger, leaving Jordan out there as the guy who knows Dexter and becoming Dexter's "one that got away". He's such a good, smart character with some seriously interesting sides to explore, I'd love to see him stick around. He seems to be harboring the same monster inside him as Dexter, just channeled the wrong way.

Will Liddy survive?
I wouldn't think so, but I kind of get the feeling Quinn is going to take him out, not Dexter. The whole show has shown from day one that everyone has a secret side and Quinn's has been hinted at, but never fully explored. Though I think some of that may be next season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinn take Liddy out to save Deb and her image of Dexter. Quinn looks to be the most likely guy to hold Dexter's secret and let him go on doing what he does.

Will Quinn survive?
At first, when Deb dated him I was thinking he would get killed, but he's winding up top be a stand-up guy and hopefully he'll be Deb's salvation in the end.

Will Deb inch even closer to the truth?
It's funny because in the books Deb finds out about Dexter in the second one. Obviously the books are nothing more than inspiration, but I would think at some point she'll find out. I think if she does get an inkling she'll be in denial about it for as long as she can. But I think Liddy is the one who will get her pointed that way before Quinn takes care of him.

Is Masuka going to be the guy that breaks the Dexter connection?
I doubt it too. He is there to provide some kind of light-hearted side to the show. having him become some serious player would make the show even heavier than it already is.

What is with Emily Birch and that scene her and Jordan had together? Was she willingly starting this thing - is she the leader of the mob?
I get the feeling that since she was spared and took their picture (which just seemed odd to me that she'd be that calm and willing to do that when she was free outside) that she was either a willing participant or felt so bad for Jordan / Eugene that she wanted him to come out of his shell any way possible, even this gruesome way.

Who knows though I've been gleefully wrong about the show this whole season! :laughing: :laughing:

#87 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted November 30, 2010 - 10:09 AM

I don't think there will be any tie-in other than Jordan's fascination with killers. I wonder if Jordan knows who Dexter is or was before this all went down.

The last brother / Santa Muerte killer remains at large and still no explanation there - how does that wind up?
Though it would be a bit repetitive thematically and kind of bold, I get the feeling through some foreshadowing in dialogue that LaGuerta may get caught and/or killed by the cult. Everyone at the station has had someone die they were close to except for Masuka and Batisita (though I think Masuka is strictly there for comic relief). Deb, (Harry and Brian), LaGuerta (Doakes), Quinn (Trinity's daughter he was dating), Dexter (Harry and Rita).

I would think he wouldn't but I wonder if it will be as easy as Dexter killing him or maybe Deb taking him out in some situation or another. Honestly, though I'd love to see them end the season on a different kind of cliffhanger, leaving Jordan out there as the guy who knows Dexter and becoming Dexter's "one that got away". He's such a good, smart character with some seriously interesting sides to explore, I'd love to see him stick around. He seems to be harboring the same monster inside him as Dexter, just channeled the wrong way.

Will Liddy survive?
I wouldn't think so, but I kind of get the feeling Quinn is going to take him out, not Dexter. The whole show has shown from day one that everyone has a secret side and Quinn's has been hinted at, but never fully explored. Though I think some of that may be next season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinn take Liddy out to save Deb and her image of Dexter. Quinn looks to be the most likely guy to hold Dexter's secret and let him go on doing what he does.

Will Quinn survive?
At first, when Deb dated him I was thinking he would get killed, but he's winding up top be a stand-up guy and hopefully he'll be Deb's salvation in the end.

It's funny because in the books Deb finds out about Dexter in the second one. Obviously the books are nothing more than inspiration, but I would think at some point she'll find out. I think if she does get an inkling she'll be in denial about it for as long as she can. But I think Liddy is the one who will get her pointed that way before Quinn takes care of him.

I doubt it too. He is there to provide some kind of light-hearted side to the show. having him become some serious player would make the show even heavier than it already is.

What is with Emily Birch and that scene her and Jordan had together? Was she willingly starting this thing - is she the leader of the mob?
I get the feeling that since she was spared and took their picture (which just seemed odd to me that she'd be that calm and willing to do that when she was free outside) that she was either a willing participant or felt so bad for Jordan / Eugene that she wanted him to come out of his shell any way possible, even this gruesome way.

Who knows though I've been gleefully wrong about the show this whole season! :laughing: :laughing:

Great stuff Fido :rock: But what about Lumen?

Game what do you thinks gonna happen?

#88 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 01:58 PM

Oh yeah Lumen - duh!

I really think one of two things will happen.

Either she'll be cleared and her and Dexter will become a couple operating together to take bad guys out (which would be really fun to watch).

Or she'll wind up taking the fall for Dexter in the murders of Jordan's entourage so he can continue doing what he does.

Funny thing is I really couldn't stand Julia Stiles until she got onto the show. When i first heard she was going to be a cast member this season I was bummed. She tends to be pretty bland, but she's brought her A game to the show and I'm coming around on her talents. My wife gives me crap about liking her now after being so outspoken about my dislike for her before. :laughing:

#89 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 04:31 PM

I would say another possibility is Lumen runs and goes back to that other guy(Owen?). She couldn't really make that one meeting, even if she wanted to.

I think Lumen dies. I could see Emily kill Lumen to "protect" Jordan. The relationship between Jordan and Emily is a creepy one(wouldn't rule anything out).

Just ideas.

#90 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 07:06 PM

not sure if he has a link to the trinity killer...did i miss something that implied he did? either way, i find the relationship between him and that emily chick intriguing, there was something odd about the interaction they had when they were alone...almost felt like he was scared of her...

it almost feels like they're just going to let that go...but i also get the feeling something major is going to happen involving laguerta..work related, or santa muerte related...

no. but i guess you never can tell with this show...i get the feeling that dexter and lumen are going to kill him, and deb at the least will find out about it...though quinn and liddy will probably somehow also be involved...and i think liddy is going down as well...maybe the fall guy for killing chase and the others? just random thought...

Will Liddy survive?
don't think so...sounds cliche, but he knows too much

Will Quinn survive?
couple of weeks ago, i would have said no, but as the show progresses, i'm leaning towards yes. though i think he'll be a big part of whatever ends up happening at the end

i get the feeling by the end of the season, she'll find out a little more about dexter...i think she'll end up finding out whats going w/ him and lumen, as far as he's helped her kill these men...not sure she'll know much of anything he did before that...

not sure anyone will break the connection, other than maybe deb...don't see him doing it, but this show is full of surprises...

as i said earlier, got the feeling that there's something not so obvious about their relationship. it almost seemed as if he was scared of her, or she had some power, or something over him...and yea, taking the picture, the way it went down...doesn't quite add up...

just my random thoughts about the show...as fido said, i'm sure we'll all be way off...its like throwing darts blindfolded for now

Posted Image

#91 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts

Posted December 06, 2010 - 01:35 AM

holy crap...great episode...can't wait til next weekend

Posted Image

#92 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted December 06, 2010 - 11:06 AM

WOW! Great episode. Was a quick 45 minutes.

No one is safe. What do you think that means?

#93 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted December 06, 2010 - 12:25 PM

I'm thinking the gloved hands that dropped the knife (the one Deb said freeze to) are Lumen's.

It's still looking like she may take the fall for everything and let Dexter remain free.

Dexter has gotten emotional though over Lumen's abduction - and good things don't come of an emotional killer. I'm torn because I want the resolution to this season, but then that means the season's over.

Just another great episode from TV's best show.

Edited by fido, December 06, 2010 - 12:27 PM.

#94 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted December 06, 2010 - 02:46 PM

Does anyone else think that with the drop of Liddy's blood on Quinn's boot being shown so plainly that Quinn may be pinned to Liddy's death? I'm thinking he might get linked to it and have no way out of it with that kind of material evidence. unless Dexter trades favors with him to hide that evidence while he hides the photos he ahs of Dexter.

A little exchange of hidden info may be the way for Dexter to continue on while Quinn knows what he's up to.

Just thinkin' in type here.

Also, watching the trailer for episode 12 again - obviously it's a male's hands dropping the knife. But I think they've cut the trailer together to make it look like Deb busted Dexter. I can't imagine it happens that way.

Edited by fido, December 06, 2010 - 02:50 PM.

#95 lakerstefi

lakerstefi

Polakers

• 2,392 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 03:42 AM

Also, watching the trailer for episode 12 again - obviously it's a male's hands dropping the knife. But I think they've cut the trailer together to make it look like Deb busted Dexter. I can't imagine it happens that way.

Definitely, I also think they made cuts to look like anything happened but I can't imagine Deb catching Dexter, yet.
With this show you never know though, that's why I love it!!!

#96 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 10:55 AM

Does anyone else think that with the drop of Liddy's blood on Quinn's boot being shown so plainly that Quinn may be pinned to Liddy's death? I'm thinking he might get linked to it and have no way out of it with that kind of material evidence. unless Dexter trades favors with him to hide that evidence while he hides the photos he ahs of Dexter.

A little exchange of hidden info may be the way for Dexter to continue on while Quinn knows what he's up to.

Just thinkin' in type here.

Yeah that blood drop will come into play some how. Quinn is already implicated with the surveillance equipment loaned out to him in the van.

Think the hands are Jordan's.

He could be ready to kill Lumen then Deb busts in. I think they could spin it so it looks like Emily was #13 and the vigilante(Dexter plants the shoes lumen was wearing) :yes: . Lumen fit the profile of victims and was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

#97 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 11:58 AM

Didn't even think of them making Emily look like the vigilante!

Good pull!

#98 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts

Posted December 08, 2010 - 02:19 PM

I think Deb HAS to find out about Dexter in some capacity in the finale. At the very least, she'll realize that he killed the rapists along with Lumen (or at least helped her kill them). One of the following has to happen: Lumen gets caught (probably killing Chase), Lumen gets killed (probably by Chase), Dexter gets caught (probably killing Chase), Chase gets caught (before killing Lumen).

Regardless, Deb is going to make the connection between Lumen (who she recognizes as Dexter's "tenant") and Dexter. I don't think she'll just assume that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, Deb's too good of a detective for that.

My prediction: I honestly have no idea lol. There are too many things that can possibly happen. I do think that whatever happens will be pretty unexpected though, and it will set up a hectic, and final, Season 6.
Posted Image

#99 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted December 08, 2010 - 03:20 PM

I think Deb HAS to find out about Dexter in some capacity in the finale. At the very least, she'll realize that he killed the rapists along with Lumen (or at least helped her kill them). One of the following has to happen: Lumen gets caught (probably killing Chase), Lumen gets killed (probably by Chase), Dexter gets caught (probably killing Chase), Chase gets caught (before killing Lumen).

Regardless, Deb is going to make the connection between Lumen (who she recognizes as Dexter's "tenant") and Dexter. I don't think she'll just assume that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, Deb's too good of a detective for that.

My prediction: I honestly have no idea lol. There are too many things that can possibly happen. I do think that whatever happens will be pretty unexpected though, and it will set up a hectic, and final, Season 6.

What a cop out. No predictions on the finale? <_<
Where do you get that season 6 is the last? :blink:

I think we could see Quinn die Sunday.

#100 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts

Posted December 08, 2010 - 03:58 PM

What a cop out. No predictions on the finale? <_<
Where do you get that season 6 is the last? :blink:

I think we could see Quinn die Sunday.

^ Lol, I was writing an actual prediction but then decided I had no idea what was going to happen. If I had to choose one prediction of what was going to happen, this would be my guess:

Chase is about to kill Lumen when Deb comes in and stops him. Chase gets arrested but Deb realizes that Lumen is #13. After recognizing Lumen, she puts the pieces together and realizes that Lumen and Dexter are the vigilantes. To protect Dexter, Deb drops her vigilante theory and plays it off like Lumen was just going to be another victim so the police don't get further involved. The season ends with Deb talking to Dexter and accepting him even though she knows he's a killer (in her mind, he only killed the rapists to protect Lumen, she has no idea about all of his other killings). With the Quinn scenario, he knows Dexter killed Liddy but the evidence points towards Quinn as the killer. Dexter helps him out by manipulating the scene or lying in his blood analysis report to set Quinn free.

That's my guess based on what I saw in the preview for the next episode, but it doesn't really set up any exciting plot line for Season 6. I love Dexter but I WANT Season 6 to be the last (I don't want the series to be ruined by getting stale and I think if everything ends so happily in Season 5, Season 6 would just be a repeat of Season 1 but with Lumen).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users