449 replies to this topic

#61 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted September 30, 2010 - 11:21 PM

The premiere was alright it felt more like they were just wrapping up last season than an actual start to a new season. All it really did was set up the Quinn storyline but I hope they don't turn him into another Doakes.. And what's up with Deb [expletive]ing everyone wouldn't be surprised if she bangs her brother next. :laughing:

#62 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 01, 2010 - 09:21 AM

yeah 4 sure. Deb could go for all I care. Do you think she might be starting to suspect Dexter? If he does get caught I think Deb takes him down.

Deb will bang Vince next. watch. :whistle:

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#63 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 01, 2010 - 05:30 PM

Great start to Season 5.

Returning to the tone of the first season a bit. A little slow humanization of Dexter was intriguing to see.

There's a theme to Deb sleeping with people. What happens to the people she's with? She has no way to show emotion other than anger and sex - there are tons of people like that in the world. Especially in amazingly high stress jobs where bad things are happening all around you at a constant clip. You have to dig deeper than the surface with not only her character but every one in the show. Jennifer Carpenter does a fabulous job in that role.

Still my favorite show television. Can't wait to see where they go with it this season.

#64 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,534 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 01, 2010 - 06:15 PM

^ditto

Posted Image

#65 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted October 01, 2010 - 08:34 PM

Did Anton die?

I always thought Deb was quick to jump in the sack with dudes cause she has daddy issues.

#66 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted October 02, 2010 - 06:28 PM

Anton didn't die but he got physically and psychologically damaged.

I suspect he'll pop up in a future episode somewhere and wind up being the guy she ultimately settles down with. He's the one guy that will more than likely survive her.

She has sex with people when there's a high stress situation around. The daddy issues come into play when she has to actually spend time with them. The only one she didn't have an issue with was the FBI Agent (forgot his character name, the Keith Carradine one). Even then though she pushed him away because she only knows how to relate to men when she pushes them away (or vice versa) as she / he gets close.

Very well written character (and played to the hilt by Carpenter).

I also get the feeling Dexter won't get caught as the end of the series gets closer. The way to flesh out the character would be to finally turn him "human" with feelings he can show through emotion rather than murder./ But then again, serial killers want to get caught at some base level. Who knows?

Man I love this show.

#67 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 09:28 AM

Nice post Fido :rock:

Anyone want to discuss Hello Bandit?

#68 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 10:46 AM

Another episode I enjoyed.

I know a lot of people are instantly turned off by this season.

I think a lot of it is because of the tonal difference from last season to his. last season moved at a fast pace and was quite a change for the series. This season has slowed things back down and moved back to Dexter as a human, rather than a fast hunt of another serial killer. I love that the show can shift gears but still maintain its solidity.

I wonder if this killer that he's found (the sanitation guy) is going to be a bit deeper than the superficial guy he is right now.

#69 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 09:07 PM

Great episode. :rock:

Quinn playing with fire. :yes:

I'm curious to see where the religious killings go. :hmm:

#70 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 02:20 PM

I am too.

Everything ties together in the show towards the end, but i have no clue as to what those ritual killings have to do with anything.

Great storyline idea with Julia Stiles's character coming on board too.

#71 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 10:33 AM

Dexter is getting in deep with Lumen(emotionally). Is there any way now this doesn't turn into his new love interest?

Was hoping Maria was cheating on Angel. I think somethings happens with them in the whole machete killings.

Quinn I'm liking more but he still isn't Doaks.

Those bodies Deb and the other girl found made me sick. Nasty.

#72 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:27 AM

Crazy episode.

die die :laughing:

#73 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 10:47 PM

I'm thinking the same thing WhatUSaid - these religious killings are going to hit close to home by season's end. Someone on the police force is going down, whether it be LaGuerta (who dies early on in the books by the way), Quinn (falling for Debra has dire consequences), or Batista getting caught flat-footed somehow.

There is a possibility that Lumen Pierce survives to next season, unless the cult gets a hold of her, but I can't see that happening. More than likely Dexter exposes his sickness to someone while helping Lumen off one of the guys that abused her. His Dad did say that she is going to lead to trouble and so far he's always the voice of foreshadowing in the show.

If Lumen does stick around to next season a couple that goes around killing the other bad guys would be intriguing to watch. Covering for each other as they raise a potential heir to the Dark Passenger.

Yep - still my favorite show on television. Every week I can't wait for the next episode.

#74 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted November 04, 2010 - 04:59 PM

I'm thinking the same thing WhatUSaid - these religious killings are going to hit close to home by season's end. Someone on the police force is going down, whether it be LaGuerta (who dies early on in the books by the way), Quinn (falling for Debra has dire consequences), or Batista getting caught flat-footed somehow. Agree. I think it will be Batista. I notice him doing more movie work(expendables and skyline). The Deb and Quinn relationship will go down in flames once she figures out he's investigating Dexter. It will break them up but raise any of her suspicions around Dexter.

There is a possibility that Lumen Pierce survives to next season, unless the cult gets a hold of her, but I can't see that happening. More than likely Dexter exposes his sickness to someone while helping Lumen off one of the guys that abused her. His Dad did say that she is going to lead to trouble and so far he's always the voice of foreshadowing in the show.I think Lumen hangs around for a while. Dexter can only be with someone as damaged as he is. He killed Paul to help Rita, now he killed these guys who hurt Lumen. This is Dexter's MO.

If Lumen does stick around to next season a couple that goes around killing the other bad guys would be intriguing to watch. Covering for each other as they raise a potential heir to the Dark Passenger. That would be cool.

Yep - still my favorite show on television. Every week I can't wait for the next episode.

My favorite too. :rock:

#75 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,534 posts

Posted November 04, 2010 - 06:19 PM

w/ you again fido, i've been speculating that quinn will be the one to go down, and not just because just about everyone who dates deb dies, but something tells me dexter will do him, maybe he'll find out a little too much about who dexter really is...

have a feeling lumen will continue to complicate dexter's life, and there will be many more close calls to come, as far as him almost getting caught by someone doing something he shouldn't be doing

Posted Image

#76 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:02 AM

:hmm: good episode.

Dexter making his co-workers look so dumb. Wallet under the seat? :blink:

#77 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted November 16, 2010 - 10:56 AM

getting real good. :bow:

How awesome is the score for Dexter?

#78 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 01:10 AM

Got a nice chill off of the last line of tonight's episode.

What I love about the show is I continue to be wrong about my speculations. Gotta love a show that still brings the surprises 5 seasons in.

#79 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,534 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 10:51 AM

3 episodes left...

this show is incredible

Posted Image

#80 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,368 posts

Posted November 23, 2010 - 11:06 AM

great episode!

A lot happened. :rock:

:blink: Astor? Wow. Do you guys think they(Astor, Cody) will ever live with Dexter again?

Lumen seems to be settling in as a character, I like her. Have a feeling she goes down for the killings of the perv gang.

No way Liddy brings down Dexter. I do like his character. :laughing:

Case closed on the religious killings? Thought something more would come out. :hmm:

Could Jordan be targeting Deb?

I saw the Quinn and Deb thing coming. I think they get back together once things blow over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users