#421 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,951 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:29 AM

I thought the ending was incredibly sad and fairly justified. 

Anyone notice the contrast in setting between Dexter and Hannah+Harrison during their last phone call?

In Dexter's world, he was in a deep dark storm, surrounded by an army of thunderous clouds and lots of pain.

In Hannah+Harrison's world, they were in a heavenly paradise, with the sun shining and the bird's chirping.

:byecry:

I didn't think it was the worst finale. They killed off Deb after the doctor was optimistic, and Dexter pretty much lost everything. While it could have probably left me more satisfied, I think the series in its entirety was fantastic.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#422 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,838 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:56 AM

One of the old writers had a lot better idea how to finish things.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:38 PM

^ Clyde was the [expletive]. He was the biggest reason the show went downhill since his departure.

Deb was pretty much a lock to die since she came out & passionately stated she wanted no part of a potential spinoff.

yo.

#424 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,296 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 23, 2013 - 11:30 PM

Clyde PhillIps's ending idea is/was awful.

Terribly trite, easy to see coming and way too much of a neat and tidy bow. Hated it.

Dexter had a redemption of sorts, but was left to wallow in the chaos and pain he created all in one ugly package.  He knew by sticking around he would've brought Hannah, his kid and more than likely the entire Miami Metro department down with the video of him killing Saxon.  The best thing for him to was to escape and try to remove himself from the equation so life could go on without him destroying it.

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 11:42 PM

What do you expect from the spinoff fido?

I didn't like it either. Too easy, too cliche, but I'm still a fan of the man himself and wish he would've never left the show.

yo.

#426 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 24, 2013 - 03:18 AM

Awfull ending. Had hoped for either a happy ending, but this was just stupid. The last scene with Dexter as a bearded lumberjack made it a lot worse.

#427 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,838 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 08:28 AM

Terribly trite, easy to see coming and way too much of a neat and tidy bow. Hated it.

Dexter had a redemption of sorts, but was left to wallow in the chaos and pain he created all in one ugly package. He knew by sticking around he would've brought Hannah, his kid and more than likely the entire Miami Metro department down with the video of him killing Saxon. The best thing for him to was to escape and try to remove himself from the equation so life could go on without him destroying it.

you like the show so much it's hard to remain objective.

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 02:04 PM

The cast of Dexter say their goodbyes to fans.

yo.

#429 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,296 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 25, 2013 - 11:58 PM

I do like the show, but Clyde Phillips' ending idea was awful.  Boring, easy to see coming and pointless.

People expect way too much from a final episode.  If you give the fans what they expect they get pissed.  iF you go off the path and do something different they get pissed.  it's a no-win scenario.

#430 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,724 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 26, 2013 - 06:52 PM

i seriously would have been disappointed with that proposed option...just too obvious, or something i could have guessed seasons ago...

thats the thing about this show, you never really know whats going to happen, most shows i can tell you whats going to happen before it happens, dexter, i gave up guessing, and kept watching to see what they came up with.  

while i wasn't the biggest fan of this ending (though i didn't hate it as much as most people) i'd honestly rather have it than the predictable one

Posted Image

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 08:29 PM

thats the thing about this show, you never really know whats going to happen, most shows i can tell you whats going to happen before it happens, dexter, i gave up guessing, and kept watching to see what they came up with. 

I think never is going a little too far to say the least. I mean take the season with Edward James Olmos for example. A huge number of people across the internet were already predicting what would happen at the end of the season only a few episodes in. That was a definite obvious one to many. That being said however, many of those same people including to some extent myself at times, continued to watch. If you like a show enough despite being able to pretty safely predict what will happen next, you'll probably still keep watching.

"The Walking Dead" was pretty obvious too with the whole Rick & Governor main showdown/confrontation being saved until near the end of the season, but that's another show of course.

yo.

#432 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 27, 2013 - 02:14 AM

The final season relied too much on people introduced in that season rather than bringing everything full circle imo the way it should have.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#433 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,724 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:28 AM

I think never is going a little too far to say the least. I mean take the season with Edward James Olmos for example. A huge number of people across the internet were already predicting what would happen at the end of the season only a few episodes in. That was a definite obvious one to many. That being said however, many of those same people including to some extent myself at times, continued to watch. If you like a show enough despite being able to pretty safely predict what will happen next, you'll probably still keep watching.

"The Walking Dead" was pretty obvious too with the whole Rick & Governor main showdown/confrontation being saved until near the end of the season, but that's another show of course.

yea, not never...but moreso than most any other show i actually watch

Posted Image

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:09 PM

^ I take it you must not watch "Breaking Bad" then?

yo.

#435 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,724 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:57 PM

not yet...but its on the list, one of the next few i'll start watching

Posted Image

#436 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,838 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:04 PM

I do like the show, but Clyde Phillips' ending idea was awful. Boring, easy to see coming and pointless.

People expect way too much from a final episode. If you give the fans what they expect they get pissed. iF you go off the path and do something different they get pissed. it's a no-win scenario.

That's your opinion.

I had no expectations going into the finale and still felt disappointed. My hopes dexter had heat off the Maria thing died minutes into the season. I expected it would end in an unsatisfying way. It did (to me). This last season was a chore.

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Potential/possible spinoff ideas:

http://www.examiner....spin-off-series

The source suggests a Hannah McKay storyline. Not so much before meeting Dexter, but her new life in Argentina raising Harrison. This seems like a pretty boring plot, unless of course, Harrison turns out to be just like, or similar to, his dad. Hannah would have her hands full teaching her new son everything his father knew. Which brings us to the next possible scenario: Harrison.

An older Harrison would be very interesting, especially if he picked up a thing or two from Dexter. After all, he was born in blood, but he was so young he probably does not even remember anything. However, he could somehow learn more than he wanted to know about his dad, and how will he take never seeing his dad again?

A Miami Metro story is the third option. This seems like it might be a light drama with mostly comedy – mainly due to Masuka and Batista. One thing a lot of fans want to know is Quinn’s future. The love of his life was taken from him, literally, when Dexter decided to throw her down the ocean. How will he cope? Other less important questions: What will become of Masuka’s daughter, and will Batista be able to continue balancing his restaurant and being Lieutenant?

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Lmao. :laughing:

yo.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Michael C. Hall Addresses Dexter Spin-Off Rumors

yo.

#439 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Just watched the end.

It was ok, as always, can't be what everyone wants it to be.

Posted Image

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 03:38 AM

^ Previous season was even better.

By the way, is this show back on Netflix again?

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users