• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 03, 2008 - 10:04 PM

i would like to take you guys back to the 2006 all star break

word comes in that vladamir radmonovic dislocated his shoulder and there was the whole saga of how it happened

now back then there was no way of knowing how bad our cap situation would be right now but i remember that if management wanted to they were allowed to void his contract

hindsight is always 20/20 but voiding his contract would have been beyond helpful right now

now i would like to take you to free agency 2006 luke walton up for a contract and there are rumors of miami being interested, but oh no luke is "made" for the triangle

12:00 a.m. mitch calls luke and out of nervousness severly overpays

again we had no way of knowing our current situation and hindsight is always 20/20

but would it have been all that bad to either take longer to negotiate or let someone overpay for him

oh well isn't it funny how looking back doing those two things would have put us in a much better situation right now
Posted Image

#2 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted September 03, 2008 - 10:23 PM

You mean 2007 right? I still think we could have worked out something better than the current situation we're in but what's done is done and we just have to accept it and move on. I'm not sure if we would end up the same place we are right now though if it wasn't for certain things to take place. I believe everything happens for a reason. :boxing:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#3 The Original 81

The Original 81

TLN Rep: New York

• 323 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 03, 2008 - 11:43 PM

Yeah, we absolutely would be in a better situation, but it is what it is. Nothing we could do now.

#4 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 06, 2008 - 01:06 PM

The Lakers did have the right to void Vlad's contract, but the Lakers didn't void his contract because you don't punish a player for making a mistake. Should you lose your job because you made a mistake? Should the Warriors void Monta's contract for doing the same thing? :rock:

Who cares what we did in the past? I'm tired of talking about the past... people need to move on and think about the present. Let's think about winning a championship instead of worrying about what the Lakers did in the past.

#5 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 06, 2008 - 01:14 PM

he redeemed himself in 2007/2008

i forgave him

time to move on

like it or not, he's one of our important players since he can play SF and PF and can help us space the floor

don't forget we almost pulled off a 25 point 4th quarter comeback agaisnt the Celtics in game 2 with Vlad at PF

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users